Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Biggest Impact For New Team?
Jared Allen 47 34.31%
Michael Turner 15 10.95%
Bernard Berrian 5 3.65%
Alan Faneca 5 3.65%
Justin Smith 5 3.65%
Asante Samuel 8 5.84%
Deangelo Hall 10 7.30%
Shaun Rogers 8 5.84%
Jonathan Vilma 26 18.98%
Other 8 5.84%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Biggest Impact For New Team?

I'm going to go with Jared Allen with the guys next to him.

FYI I could only put ten guys in the poll so I went with nine and left ten for other so if I left out a homer pick just click other.

There were so many players to pick from I'm sure I missed out on some one sue me.

Last edited by Splat : 05-27-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I'm going to go with Jared Allen with the guys next to him.
yeah if he can get 15+ sacks with the DT's in KC he can only improve that with those monsters in the middle
Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my second pick would be Michael Turner if they get there OL going I think he could have a big year but with a rookie QB he will see alot of 8 in the box.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its gotta be allen. even if he himself doesnt rack up the sackes,then someone else on that line will thanks to him. if your going to double him, who do you leave one on one? one of the williamses, the other DE?

that line as a whole should get a lot of sacks thanks to allen, even if he himself isnt the one getting them all
Old 05-27-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Berrian will have a large impact.
He will allow the Vikings to become more than one-dimensional, and the defenses can't constantly have 8 players in the box to stop AD anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

The homer in me has to say Vilma. We have a super bowl offense. He gives our defense instant credibility.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jared Allen with the 2 Williams will be beastly. Fabian Washington provides depth for the Ravens and a quality starter if one of our starters go down.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Turner should have 1,200 plus yards and like eight touchdowns.

Jared Allen should give the Vikings a defensive end who can rush the passer, finally.

Jonathan Vilma should help out the Saints defense a lot.

Those are my top three impact players of the ones you have in the poll.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going with Shaun Rogers on this one. Allen is too easy. lol. Mostly it's b/c Allen's impact may be a little tougher to measure when compared to the Vikes D from last year.

Cleveland's D was so pathetic that Rogers' impact will seem much more dramatic.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking that Vilma is going to tear it up now that he's back in a 4-3.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with some of the earlier posts. Jon Vilma is a stud and was a major bargain for a 4th round pick, I believe he's really going to surprise some people this year. The homer in me wanted to vote Michael Turner but I just couldn't do it.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I think Berrian will have a large impact.
He will allow the Vikings to become more than one-dimensional, and the defenses can't constantly have 8 players in the box to stop AD anymore.
As long as Jackson is the Vikings QB, AD will be seeing 11 man fronts. Berrian won't change that.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen is the obvious choice.

Faneca should improve the left side of our O-line significantly...I really want to see what having a good, powerful G in the middle of D'Brick and Mangold will do for them.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Allen is the obvious choice.
Why? A good player going to a good D-Line.

Vimla a great player going to a bad D makes him the biggest impact player IMO.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post

Vilma will do very well for the Saints but adding a pass rusher like Allen to an already good defense makes them a superbowl contender but I also believe in Tavaris Jackson.

A lb like Vilma will get a lot of tackles and a few ints but Allen is a gamechanger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asante Samuel kthxbai
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Minnesotas pass defense isnt at all very good though.Adding a guy like Allen will help create more turnovers and sacks.

Alot of Vilmas play will depend on the Dline though.They did get two good DTs in the draft but they're still only rookies.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen or Hall(homer)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Saints great DLine protecting Vilma, he will have a pro bowl year. It's been so long since anybody other than a DE from the Saints make the pro bowl.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I never saw the hype in Jared Allen. He's good yes, but he never really wowed me. Maybe I just didn't see enough Chiefs games, but he looked like a solid player and nothing more.

My choice goes to Jonathan Vilma. He's finally in a defense that will fit his style of play. The Saints underachieved last year thanks in big part to the defense, but the Saints seem to have gotten their act together. So I'll look to Vilma having another great year.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jared Allen will have a massive impact. He will personaly provide a better pass rush which will open gaps for the other front men, he will enable the linebackers to play coverage as they wont need to blitz so often, and it will give the QB less time to throw, meaning that our DBs wont have to cover for 15 seconds.

If Vilma picks up where he left off in the 4-3 he could realy beast it up.
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Literally...it would have to be Shaun Rogers. He's huge.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

what makes allen good and vilma great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I never saw the hype in Jared Allen. He's good yes, but he never really wowed me. Maybe I just didn't see enough Chiefs games, but he looked like a solid player and nothing more.
ok, you make a strong argument. but i'd say a guy who has accumulated 43 sacks over his first four seasons, is coming off of a season in which he led the nfl in sacks, and has proven not to be a one trick pony is wow material.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:12 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My homerism says Allen is going to be an overrated pickup. I think Vilma makes a huge impact in NO though.

In serious though, he's really being talked up like crazy this offseason. I think he's almost certain to fall short of the hype, I'm not sure by how much though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While Allen is obviously the best player, the Vikings D was already great, I think Vilma is gonna completely change the mentality of the Saints, he doesn't fit in a 3-4 and we know that but in a 4-3 he is insane and will show it this you, i expect a few DPOY votes to go his way

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote