Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Biggest Impact For New Team?
Jared Allen 47 34.31%
Michael Turner 15 10.95%
Bernard Berrian 5 3.65%
Alan Faneca 5 3.65%
Justin Smith 5 3.65%
Asante Samuel 8 5.84%
Deangelo Hall 10 7.30%
Shaun Rogers 8 5.84%
Jonathan Vilma 26 18.98%
Other 8 5.84%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2008, 04:02 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Kiffin and Al Davis had better hope that their offseason acquisition makes the biggest impact--but not D.Hall. They need Javon Walker to play like he did in '04. (relax, I'm not saying that he will, I'm just saying that they need him to have a huge year) Or if not him, I guess the other WR acquisition of Drew Carter would work just as well for the team.

In all likelihood, it'll probably be Jared Allen. It will be interesting to see what he does in Minnesota. I also think that (if he's back up to his old form) Faneca will do wonders for the offensive line in New York, especially helping out D-Brick. People often overlook the huge impact that an OT's guard makes on his level of play.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
My homerism says Allen is going to be an overrated pickup. I think Vilma makes a huge impact in NO though.

In serious though, he's really being talked up like crazy this offseason. I think he's almost certain to fall short of the hype, I'm not sure by how much though.
Well the problem is how much hype do you think Allen is getting? :P

Allen's presence on the football field calls for all kinds of double teams and crazy blocking schemes. As far as 16 sacks go, I doubt it happens again (though I'm not saying it won't) - however, the defense's overall production will go up.

The Vikings play in a division with 2 young QB's (Aaron Rodgers & Kyle Orton / Rex Grossman). Their schedule also includes QB's such as: Vince Young, Matt Lienart and Matt Ryan (assuming he plays). With that knowledge, all young QB's have a tendency to get their cage rattled easily. On the flip side of that though, Peyton Manning, Jon Kitna and Jeff Garcia are all experienced QB's on their schedule. Their two wild cards (meaning I don't know how well they deal with the pressure) are Eli Manning and David Garrard.

Take into account that a lot of the teams have sub par offensive lines, I think there is a very good chance that Jared Allen makes a huge impact on the vikings.

thats my two cents anyways! :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:50 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Allen's presence on the football field calls for all kinds of double teams and crazy blocking schemes. As far as 16 sacks go, I doubt it happens again (though I'm not saying it won't) - however, the defense's overall production will go up.
You nailed it. Aside from Vilma, no one else brings more to their teams, in my opinion, in regards to how much better those who surround him will be.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen is undoubtedly the best player, but if I had to pcik impact, I would go with Asante Samuel, and I;m not being a homer. The Eagles defense was last in INTs last year, and Samuel is a clutch INT CB, though we already had Lito and Sheldon, ther is still alot of question around them, as to durability. This was actually a really tough decision for me, as I could have gone with Allen, and almost any other, but there is something from every option that makes me steer away from picking it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Well the problem is how much hype do you think Allen is getting? :P

The Vikings play in a division with 2 young QB's (Aaron Rodgers & Kyle Orton / Rex Grossman). Their schedule also includes QB's such as: Vince Young, Matt Lienart and Matt Ryan (assuming he plays). With that knowledge, all young QB's have a tendency to get their cage rattled easily. On the flip side of that though, Peyton Manning, Jon Kitna and Jeff Garcia are all experienced QB's on their schedule. Their two wild cards (meaning I don't know how well they deal with the pressure) are Eli Manning and David Garrard.

Take into account that a lot of the teams have sub par offensive lines, I think there is a very good chance that Jared Allen makes a huge impact on the vikings.

thats my two cents anyways! :)
Great post
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Smith and Bernard Berrian make the list, but Corey Williams doesnt!!!!!!

Frankly im a little pissed and offended

anyway, i voted Turner, him and Norwood will make a great duo

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen improves the DL, helps the LBs get better lanes to stuff the run and make plays, and helps the secondary because there's more pressure on the QB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be Allen. Like someone said earlier, if he can put up 15 sacks while missing two games and facing double teams almost every play in Kansas City what do you think he will do when teams can't double him every play because there are actually good players next to him?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In terms of helping their teams it's easily Allen. He pushes the Vikes D over the edge and helps the secondary as well as the line. Faneca should also have a big impact on the Jets ground game.

I expect Jonathan Vilma to have a big year and get a lot of media attention, especially if the Saints live up to their potential but his addition does not upgrade the Saints defence the way the addition of Allen upgrades Minnesota's.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a sexy pick, but I'd say Faneca.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Not a sexy pick, but I'd say Faneca.
Hey big is sexy.:)
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be quite frank, I do think Vilma is slightly overrated by some of the posters here. He was tremendous in the 4-3 his rookie year, and tailed off a little before having trouble in the 3-4. He'll have a solid impact but I don't think he's going to completely overhaul that defense to be honest. Now I could be wrong but I'm not sure his impact is going to be all that huge.

I think it's going to be the big trade or the big signing, Allen or Samuel. Allen should really help out that Vikings secondary a lot and open things up for Ray Edwards on the other side as well. That's going to be a scary defensive line this year. Samuel I think is going to take advantage of a very aggressive Jim Johnson defense that'll pressure passers and create some turnovers for a secondary that didn't have many big plays last year.

Giving a bit of a homer look to the thread as well, if one of the new Jets should be on this poll it should be Kris Jenkins and not Faneca. It'll be interesting to see what our D looks like with an actual nose tackle in there, his impact should be comparable with that of Rodgers if not slightly greater depending on which of the guys has the better motor and endurance this year, along with injuries of course.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Hey big is sexy.:)
Haha.. I think he, next to Dbrick, will be a damn good left side. Add Mangold at center, and I'd run alot of concept runs to that side.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
To be quite frank, I do think Vilma is slightly overrated by some of the posters here. He was tremendous in the 4-3 his rookie year, and tailed off a little before having trouble in the 3-4. He'll have a solid impact but I don't think he's going to completely overhaul that defense to be honest. Now I could be wrong but I'm not sure his impact is going to be all that huge.
I think Vilma will have a lot of success with the Saints because of the 4-3 of course, but also the players the Saints added to the front 7 over the off-season like Sedrick Ellis and Bobby McCray. Playing behind a very good front 4 will help JV shine.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Vilma, I think he will finally solidify the MLB spot in New Orleans and return to pro bowl form after a injury plagued season and playing in a system that doesn't fit his abilities and strengths. Jets are going to be sorry for getting rid of their best young player just to adjust to a defensive scheme.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma and Allen. Allen because he is at such an area of need for his new team and Vilma because he's back to the 4-3... Plus the Saints adding Ellis in front of him only helps things.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the biggest impact but just by freeing up Aso on one side and allowing him to see the ball more to possibly return to the playmaker of '06 makes the D-Hall acquisition quite significant. In all likelihood though I'll also go with the '07 sack leader Jared Allen.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma because, like Willis, I see him getting all those tackles in the middle and showing people he the same LB he was with the Jets when they played a 4-3 formation.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I think Vilma will have a lot of success with the Saints because of the 4-3 of course, but also the players the Saints added to the front 7 over the off-season like Sedrick Ellis and Bobby McCray. Playing behind a very good front 4 will help JV shine.
Point being, Vilma had one great year in the 4-3, and one solid year. He's a very good player, but slightly overrated IMO. The switch to a 4-3 will help, but only so much. His intangibles help a lot though. And whoever said Vilma was the Jets best young player, that's probably a stretch. Mangold could be a Pro-Bowl caliber center, Harris was incredible when he started last year, Revis is a very good corner, and Rhodes was easily the Jets best player and is one of the better safeties in the NFL.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so how do you compare players that play different positions? 100+ tackles from a MLB is damn good right? Well Vilma had 400+ in 4 years. 2 of which were in a defense he wasn't suited for and 1 that was shortened by injury.
Allen on the other hand had 40+ sacks in 4 years. In 1 defense. Not sure if any of those seasons were shortened by injury.

So with that being said, how can you say Allen isn't just as overrated as Vilma? You can't say one is overrated and not the other. Vilma was a monster in the 4-3, hands down. I bet Allen couldn't play in the 3-4.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Zach Thomas and his leadership!
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
evans555

Why so much love for Shawn Rodgers when Marcus Stroud is the better player and FA pick up???????
Old 05-29-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Ok so how do you compare players that play different positions? 100+ tackles from a MLB is damn good right? Well Vilma had 400+ in 4 years. 2 of which were in a defense he wasn't suited for and 1 that was shortened by injury.

Allen on the other hand had 40+ sacks in 4 years. In 1 defense. Not sure if any of those seasons were shortened by injury.

So with that being said, how can you say Allen isn't just as overrated as Vilma? You can't say one is overrated and not the other. Vilma was a monster in the 4-3, hands down. I bet Allen couldn't play in the 3-4.
Jared Allen has played in two differnt D's first under DV and then Herm yes they were both 4-3 but he was asked to do differnt things under each coach.

That being said I agree Allen would not be a good fit in a 3-4.

Last edited by Splat : 05-29-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post

I thought Vilma was overrated by some when he was a Jet too. He's not a guy that's going to be a Pro Bowler year in and year out. His rookie year he may have had less tackles than his second year in the league, but he made more impact plays. Year two in the league he had inflated tackle numbers due to a terrible defense around him and made minimal big plays, then he tailed off in the 3-4. He's a great guy and a hard worker, but some people make him out to be some sort of guy that's going to completely transform whatever defense he's on like he's a franchise player, which he isn't. Nice guy to represent the franchise because he's very eloquent and is a good guy and hard worker, but he's not going to transform a defense just because he's "back in the 4-3" IMO.

And I don't think you can compare them at all, I just think that the switch to a 4-3, while it helps, won't completely transform the player. People are making too much of it and the impact he'll have is overstated by some. He's still a guy that needs to run free to the ball, and who knows what he's going to be like after the surgery anyway. He can do some things if you keep blockers off him and he's solid in coverage but he only had one year of making impact plays on the field, so you may not be getting much more than a bunch of tackles (a good amount of which could be 4+ yards off the LOS).
Old 05-29-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inflated tackle numbers due to a terrible defense around him?

Something about that doesn't make sense. Didn't that same terrible defense make the playoffs that year? I guess 170 tackles on a playoff team is because nobody else is any good right?

But when a DE gets 15 sacks on one of the worst defenses in the league, thats in no way overrated?

Oh yea, forgot to mention KC played in the least competitive division in all the NFL.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote