Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Biggest Impact For New Team?
Jared Allen 47 34.31%
Michael Turner 15 10.95%
Bernard Berrian 5 3.65%
Alan Faneca 5 3.65%
Justin Smith 5 3.65%
Asante Samuel 8 5.84%
Deangelo Hall 10 7.30%
Shaun Rogers 8 5.84%
Jonathan Vilma 26 18.98%
Other 8 5.84%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm sorry to do this, but out of Vilma you will see a lot of this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-mBdnV-iriY&feature=related

I loved Vilma, but he did get ran over, he was small and had trouble against big backs. David Harris is a better player. IMO
Jared Allen is more elite then Vilma, Allen was unblockable last year almost. He will have a great Impact, I have to mention Kris Jenkins also in there.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans555 View Post
I dont know why people put value into this argument:

QB Trent Edwards Rookie at time of game (Stanford)

RB Marshawn Lynch rookie at time of game (cal)

WR Lee Evans (wisconsin) *Only guy out of 5 major skill positions who came from cold climate

WR Josh Reed (LSU)

WR Roscoe Parrish (Miami)
So when was the last time Josh Reed played in the South? This game was at the end of the year, they had plenty of time to adjust to the cold, terrible excuse.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
I'm sorry to do this, but out of Vilma you will see a lot of this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-mBdnV-iriY&feature=related

I loved Vilma, but he did get ran over, he was small and had trouble against big backs. David Harris is a better player. IMO
Jared Allen is more elite then Vilma, Allen was unblockable last year almost. He will have a great Impact, I have to mention Kris Jenkins also in there.
So you judge a guy off of one play where one of the best backs in the league lowered his shoulder and pushed him back? I guess a Pro Bowl MLB isn't worth a damn these days. Don't be bitter just because your front office traded him to NO, where he will SHINE.

By the way, Kris Jenkins is a pile of garbage. He is a shell of his former self and will do nothing in NY, just like Dewayne Robertson did in NY.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Edwards has a fine arm, he's no Russell but he's no where near as bad as guys like pennington, Garcia and Leinart, the coaching staff didn't call many plays down the field and that cost their OC his job. Edwards showed a quick release, coolness under pressure and that he went through his progressions quickly. I think he'll have a very good year but I saw a lot of him so maybe I've just seen enough to realize his positives.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really curious as to how Michael Turner (and Matt Ryan actually) do in Atlanta.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am really curious as to how Michael Turner (and Matt Ryan actually) do in Atlanta.
I think if Ryan starts it will hurt MT he will see 8 and 9 in the box all the time teams will make Ryan beat them throwing can he?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
evans555

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
So when was the last time Josh Reed played in the South? This game was at the end of the year, they had plenty of time to adjust to the cold, terrible excuse.

My point was Trent Edwards is from Stanford.....Way to focus on Josh Reed bc he sure is the guy under center right????
Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I pointed out the whole team dude. Way to try and put my post down, it didn't work. The entire team had PLENTY of time to adjust to the cold, very very very bad excuse from a Northern team.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
I pointed out the whole team dude. Way to try and put my post down, it didn't work. The entire team had PLENTY of time to adjust to the cold, very very very bad excuse from a Northern team.
Well Brett favre must suck in cold weather because he was terrible in the NFC title game.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Way to read all the posts dude, good job. I just said cold weather was a terrible excuse for a team to lose. Once again, good job.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Way to read all the posts dude, good job. I just said cold weather was a terrible excuse for a team to lose. Once again, good job.
Have you rver seen snow in person before? If so do you know what a whiteout is? If you do then realize that game was played in whiteout conditions.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I have seen snow before. Not alot of it though. Both teams played in the same conditions, both are from Northern cold climates. Not an excuse for 1 team and not for the other.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
I have seen snow before. Not alot of it though. Both teams played in the same conditions, both are from Northern cold climates. Not an excuse for 1 team and not for the other.
Both teams struggled that game. The bills were worse but the bills had less talent so the weather impacted them more.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

How does weather impact one team more than the other? Because of the talent? That makes absolutely no sense. They played in the SAME weather. And a few of the Browns skill players are from the South by the way, that part of the argument is invalid as well.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
How does weather impact one team more than the other? Because of the talent? That makes absolutely no sense. They played in the SAME weather. And a few of the Browns skill players are from the South by the way, that part of the argument is invalid as well.
Um lemme break it down for you, when you're playing in bad weather you don't just suddenly become worse, you have another thing to overcome. So some players are better at handling the weather if you don't believe this look at games like the GB/NYG game. Cleveland did a better job beating the weather than buffalo did, i don't care what you think should've happened, but that's what happened. That was a crazy game and is an outlier for both teams in terms of their level of play.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

They were both playing in the same conditions. It's not like a Florida team was playing up north. There's no use in arguing since I don't even know what this argument is about anymore.

Who Dat Nation!