Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bucs cut QB Gradkowski; sign TE Stevens

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have pulled the plug on the Bruce Gradkowski experiment, cutting the 2006 sixth-round quarterback from Toledo according to Profootballtalk.com.

Gradkowski started 11 games as a rookie, after Chris Simms went down with a spleen injury. In 2007, however, Gradkowski made only four appearances. His career passer rating is 65.0. Because he has less than four years of service, he must pass through waivers before becoming an unrestricted free agent.

The Bucs have re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens, whose character has been called into question during his time at the University of Washington. Stevens was a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 2001, and he signed a one-year deal with Tampa in 2007.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Why do people keep giving Jerramy Stevens work?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, and they cut a young QB with some potential to resign him it seems

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Seriously, and they cut a young QB with some potential to resign him it seems
I don't think Gradkowski is the answer either now or in the future. I imagine that they're hoping Josh Johnson will develop. But I agree Stevens is a total dick.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
I don't think Gradkowski is the answer either now or in the future. I imagine that they're hoping Josh Johnson will develop. But I agree Stevens is a total dick.
He probably isnt, but he has more potential to be good than Stevens

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Why do people keep giving Jerramy Stevens work?

Because he was a TE drafted in the first round.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I hate Jerramy Stevens.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Because he was a TE drafted in the first round.
I would think with Goodell's new no tolerance policy (penalizing the teams) coming into effect tomorrow, people would be shying away from trouble makers.

Plus he sucks.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think the Saints should take a look at Gradkowski.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

LOL I remember when Simms2Clayton tried to convince me that Gradkowski would have been a 1st round pick if he was 2 inches taller. Good times.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember seeing a few bucs games gradkowski's rookie year and he threw more passes to nobody than anyone else i had ever seen.

he would put up a pass and it would just fall into the open field 20 yards away from anybody...really made you wonder wtf he was doing.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Man, I hate Jerramy Stevens.
Co-Sign...Either way, I don't get cutting Gradkowski, I mean, what was the point in drafting him? It's just amazing to me sometimes how a 1st rd QB can be given year after year to prove something(David Carr), while others who were drafted later can get thrown out there as a rookie, and if he struggles then its time to cut your ties...Who knows if he can be a decent QB if he had time to sit and learn, but I guess his only fault in this situation is being drafted too late.

This is not to say that he is decent, maybe he is trash, i just feel like alot of times being drafted in the 1st rd gives you a free pass, when 2nd rd QB's and beyond get tossed to the side alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, the good news is that now Jeremy Stevens and Tyler Brayton are in the same division.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good gives Josh Johnson more of an opportunity.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching Gradkowski play a fair bit he definitly doesn't look like he will develop into a decent starter. His arm strength is bad, his accuracy has been erratic as well, his decision making is also poor. When your arm strength is bad you have to be great in other areas and I don't see that happening. I just can't see him becoming a quality starter, much better to keep Johnson around instead.

As for Stevens he played well for a backup TE last year. He is a jerk but he can help in a limited role.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Co-Sign...Either way, I don't get cutting Gradkowski, I mean, what was the point in drafting him? It's just amazing to me sometimes how a 1st rd QB can be given year after year to prove something(David Carr), while others who were drafted later can get thrown out there as a rookie, and if he struggles then its time to cut your ties...Who knows if he can be a decent QB if he had time to sit and learn, but I guess his only fault in this situation is being drafted too late.

This is not to say that he is decent, maybe he is trash, i just feel like alot of times being drafted in the 1st rd gives you a free pass, when 2nd rd QB's and beyond get tossed to the side alot.
QB's in the first rounds generally have much better physical tools and much more potential, not to mention the investment that had already been put in them
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I think the Saints should take a look at Gradkowski.
Don't the Saints have Tyler Palko? I'd take him over Gradkowski every day of the week, starting experience or not.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
QB's in the first rounds generally have much better physical tools and much more potential, not to mention the investment that had already been put in them
I understand that, but I'm also speaking on the public perception as well...Just how alot of people around here assumed Croyle wasn't worth crap because he played bad behind no O line with no LJ, I understand the business side but 1st round QB's can still end up bust, while guys picked later can still be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevens should die and Gradkowski will be a solid backup in this league. Not sure what the thought was here, but I'd love to see Gradkowski in Dallas.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gradkowski was never going to make the roster so at least this give him a shot at making somebody elses team.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevens shouldn't be anywhere but jail, much less a NFL team.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny, I was just talking to my boss the other day about if the Bucs should cut Gradkowski or Simms. I suggested Simms should be cut.

And I was also talking to the same boss, at the same time, about players like Freddie Mitchell and Jerramy Stevens who run their mouth and end up out of the league in three years.

So they cut Gradkowski and sign Stevens.

I think the NFL Gods are mad at me.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I demand BOE makes another Eli Manning vs. Bruce Gradkowski thread!

Heh heh. I'm sure someone will pick him up off waivers. He's not a terrible QB, but his long ball is quite bad.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Stevens shouldn't be anywhere but jail, much less a NFL team.
I don't think a comment like that is really necessary. If Stevens committed offenses worthy of time, then I'm sure he would receive it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Don't the Saints have Tyler Palko? I'd take him over Gradkowski every day of the week, starting experience or not.
Adding another QB for Camp wouldn't hurt. I fully expect the Saints to keep Brunell and Palko.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote