Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Stevens shouldn't be anywhere but jail, much less a NFL team.
Coming from a Bengals fan.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
LOL I remember when Simms2Clayton tried to convince me that Gradkowski would have been a 1st round pick if he was 2 inches taller. Good times.
LOL, I got one better..........

I remember when Gradkowski had his coming-out party against the Bengals.

BUT WAIT, it gets better!!!

So anyway, when Justin Smith sacks him in the remaining seconds of the game, he rolls off him the wrong way and Mike Carey throws the flag for uneccessary roughness. THEN......they get a new set of downs like 10 yards out from the Goalline....and THEN.......Michael Clayton (not the George Clooney version; who's a Bengals fan, btw) scores a go-ahead TD to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!!!!

WOOOO boy.......good times......that Gradkowski will always hold a special place in my heart. Well, him and Brett Favre. Something about Rookie QB's thrown in the fire, getting their first starts (and W's) against my Bengals that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like stevens, im sure some saints loth him last year
Old 06-01-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Adding another QB for Camp wouldn't hurt. I fully expect the Saints to keep Brunell and Palko.
Saints will keep both but only 1 will be active. Palko will be our next starting QB after Brees. Payton is working his magic with him. If he can make Romo a star he can make Palko one too.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd watch the Palko talk Saints fans:

Quote:
TOUGH DAY FOR PALKO: Saints backup quarterback Tyler Palko had a rough day Friday.

Palko, who is in his second year from Pittsburgh, fumbled snaps, overthrew receivers and fell in one drill after the exchange with center.

Palko is battling Mark Brunell, a 16-year veteran the Saints picked up as a free agent in the offeseason, to be the backup to Drew Brees. Palko still has the confidence of the coaching staff, but for the moment there appears to be no question Brunell is in the No. 2 spot.
3/4 of the way down the first page:
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...l=1&thispage=1
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'd watch the Palko talk Saints fans:

3/4 of the way down the first page:
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...l=1&thispage=1
Hey, even Devery has good days..So Palko is bound to have bad ones..

Stevens is a good talent when his heads in the game.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default dfgq5g

Stevens is a piece of trash.....enjoy the many dropped passes to come Bucs fans...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah know kidding I was actually mad when the Seahawks got rid of him they went and got a TE that could catch :( Gradkowski was decent as a rookie I remember people saying when he was coming out of college he was going to be the next Rothlisberger wish I could find that article
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Stevens is a piece of trash.....enjoy the many dropped passes to come Bucs fans...
He was with the Buccaneers last season and actually made some quality catches, particularly in the red-zone.

Last edited by Caddy : 06-03-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
He was with the Buccaneers last season and actually made some quality passes, particularly in the red-zone.
Didnt know J. Stevens played QB :D....... I remember watching him when he was a Seahawk and even though he may be better now those were some awful memories for Seahawk fans. I wouldn't touch him ever after seeing some of his awfulness.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im from toledo and i remember watching bruce in college, it sucks to see him go through a rough transition to the nfl, he left toledo as the most accurate passer in history (i know, toledos a smaller school) but still id like to see him play, maybe he'll be decent qb yet
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I understand that, but I'm also speaking on the public perception as well...Just how alot of people around here assumed Croyle wasn't worth crap because he played bad behind no O line with no LJ, I understand the business side but 1st round QB's can still end up bust, while guys picked later can still be great.
They can, but they're far, far less likely to be great than a first rounder. Here's the thing, especially with QBs, the scouts are actually pretty good at pegging a player, given they have enough game tape of them. The majority of first round QBs who didn't suck had at least 3 seasons worth of starts in college. Between 1998 and 2006, there were 26 QBs taken in the first round, of those, Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, and Vince Young, have seen a decent level of sucess, and Aaron Rodgers could make it half.

During that same span, there were 90 QBs drafted in rounds 2-7. Let's count out how many were sucessful by even the most generous margins. Matt Haselback, Brian Griese, Charlie Batch, Aaron Brooks, Tim Rattay, Tom Brady. Marc Bulger, Chris Redman, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Quincey Carter, Drew Brees, David Garrard, Seneca Wallace, Chris Simms, Jim Sorgi, Craig Krenzel, Matt Schaub, Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradowski, Brody Croyle, and Tavaris Jackson. 24 out of 90 went on to be at least somewhat above terrible. How many of those 24 would you take before even the worst of the 12 first rounders who suceeded? Maybe 8?

In the first round, scouts are around 50% on their QB projections, and if they were smart enough to ignore QBs who didn't start very many games in college, despite the measurables, that percentage jumps closer to 80%. Once you leave the first round, you're looking at a less than 30% chance that the QB you get is at least as good as Kyle Orton, and less than a 10% chance that you get a QB better than Aaron Brooks.

Even first round QBs only get 2-4 years to prove themselves, despite the investment in them being exponentially higher than in lower picks.

And the truth of the matter is, you can develop a project QB in practice as much as you like, but no amount of practice can ever develop a project to his maximum ability as fast as actual game time can. If a QB gets the chance to start, and doesn't show himself as a viable starter within 2 seasons, odds are, they aren't going to become a starting quality QB ever. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, it's a hard rule.

A second round pick is not a major investment, and players who don't demonstrate the ability to play well immediately will be cast aside with an alacrity that demonstrates that lack of investment.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Didnt know J. Stevens played QB :D....... I remember watching him when he was a Seahawk and even though he may be better now those were some awful memories for Seahawk fans. I wouldn't touch him ever after seeing some of his awfulness.
Damnit.. Thats what I get for staying up till 6:30 in the morning writing essays.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Not surprising they have a lot of QB's.