Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is more likely to win the division
Pittsburgh Steelers 75 66.37%
Cleveland Browns 38 33.63%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would go:

Edwards > Hines
Winslow > Miller
Stallworth = Holmes
Jurevicious = Sweed

Advantage clearly Browns.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
It would go:

Edwards > Hines
Winslow > Miller
Stallworth = Holmes
Jurevicious = Sweed

I'll take Holmes over Stallworth every day of the week.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do know that Steeler fans and Brown fans are going to think their team and corps are better, so this argument will never end. We will just have to wait and see during the season.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half the people aren't doing it properly, they're paring #3 targets up with #2 targets and other way around...

I already said

Edwards > Hines
Winslow > Holmes
Stallworth > Miller
Jurevicius > Sweed

Those are in order of receiving targets, I dont care if its a freakin running back if hes your #2 target and hes able to put up 1,100 yards then hes your #2 target....

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'll take Holmes over Stallworth every day of the week.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Same here.
Ill take Winslow over Holmes every day of the week and Edwards over Hines every day of the week.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 06-02-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take Heath over Stallworth all day, every day. Heath is not used right in our system. I wished he would get the ball more, but he is one of the best blockers at the tight end position if he is not the best. He is also a great reciever. Stallworth has shown flashes, but hasnt put up the numbers to the expectations coming out of college.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I will take Heath over Stallworth all day, every day. Heath is not used right in our system.
So you'll take someone who isn't utilized in your system for your system every day of the week?

I feel like im talking to a brick wall.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Ill take Winslow over Holmes every day of the week and Edwards over Hines every day of the week.
That's the most surprising thing I've ever heard in my life. If this forum gave out Surprise points, you would have 11 green Surprise bars underneath your username.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
That's the most surprising thing I've ever heard in my life. If this forum gave out Surprise points, you would have 11 green Surprise bars underneath your username.
WOW!!! THANKS!!!!

I try to make a simple point that no one in this thread seems to get and you come across as a complete prick, go figure. Edwards is our PRIMARY target and Winslow is our SECONDARY target and that Hines/Holmes are the PRIMARY and SECONDARY targets....

Unlike some people in this thread, I realize that Joe Jurevicius isn't our #1, #2 or even #3 target, and that Stallworth is not our #1 or #2 target, he is our third going into this year....

Why the hell would I pair up targets that don't make sense??? I mean I could do this if I wanted....

Jurevicius < Holmes
Stallworth < Ward
Heiden < Miller
Edwards > Spaeth
Winslow > Washington

ITS CRAZY to fathom that a Tight end can be a primary or secondary target huh? I Mean who would think that other players besides receivers can catch a pass.

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 06-02-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Half the people aren't doing it properly, they're paring #3 targets up with #2 targets and other way around...

I already said

Edwards > Hines
Winslow > Holmes
Stallworth > Miller
Jurevicius > Sweed

Those are in order of receiving targets, I dont care if its a freakin running back if hes your #2 target and hes able to put up 1,100 yards then hes your #2 target....
looking at quarterbacks ur list is all wrong

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
looking at quarterbacks ur list is all wrong
Which is why Winslow and Edwards both were over 1,100 yards and pro-bowlers?

Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
It would go:

Edwards > Hines
Winslow > Miller
Stallworth = Holmes
Jurevicious = Sweed

Edwards > Hines
Winslow > Miller
Stallworth < Holmes
Jurevicous > Sweed (hasn't proved anything yet)
Old 06-02-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing individual receivers is irrelevant to the topic at hand. The Steelers are the best team in the division. They beat the Browns twice last year and went 5-1 in the division. Until the Browns beat the Steelers, the Steelers will be ahead in the division.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

The Bungles will stay healthy and win the division. Love their corners and LBs should strong. Now all they need is a pass rush and for Peko to keep improving as their nose. The O will be nasty unless all of their RBs are banged up again and the Oline's chemistry falls apart.

Stillers Oline needs to add a top OT next year desperately and I think that'll be their undoing. Big Ben will be running for his life again and the running game will sputter when teams focus on it, even though I love Parker and Mendenhall.

Browns have nice talents but I can't really trust Jamal to stay healthy and that D either. Add to that that I doubt Anderson can repeat his past season because he takes so many risks, a la the sex cannon.

Each team in this division has serious issues but I think that the bengals are able to save Marvin's job with a big year.

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 06-02-2008 at 11:20 PM.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Comparing individual receivers is irrelevant to the topic at hand. The Steelers are the best team in the division. They beat the Browns twice last year and went 5-1 in the division. Until the Browns beat the Steelers, the Steelers will be ahead in the division.
This is actually the strongest point made in this thread yet imo. Browns O-line > Steelers O-line last year and yet the steeler's still won. There is a lot you can compare on paper but when it comes to the AFC North no one seems to have a clear cut answer for the steelers - they just beat us all. Lets hope that changes next year, but until then I don't think there is much of a valid argument to be made here.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would too, whats your point? Am I not allowed to prefer a Steelers WR over a Browns WR, or does that make me some kind of "hater"?

Quote:
Old 06-02-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I would too, whats your point? Am I not allowed to prefer a Steelers WR over a Browns WR, or does that make me some kind of "hater"?
No it means your wrong.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
No it means your wrong.
exactly my point

Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
The Bungles will stay healthy and win the division. Love their corners and LBs should strong. Now all they need is a pass rush and for Peko to keep improving as their nose. The O will be nasty unless all of their RBs are banged up again and the Oline's chemistry falls apart.

Stillers Oline needs to add a top OT next year desperately and I think that'll be their undoing. Big Ben will be running for his life again and the running game will sputter when teams focus on it, even though I love Parker and Mendenhall.

Browns have nice talents but I can't really trust Jamal to stay healthy and that D either. Add to that that I doubt Anderson can repeat his past season because he takes so many risks, a la the sex cannon.

Each team in this division has serious issues but I think that the bengals are able to save Marvin's job with a big year.

Do you honestly think the Bengals are going to win the division?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
exactly my point
You have no idea what your point is anymore, I just agreed with you, what point did you make from that? I said I would take Holmes over Stallworth, and you replied with another WR/TE combo that was completely irrelevant to what I was discussing...And you bringing it up was pointless because I agreed with what you brought up, it still has nothing to do with the Stallworth and Holmes comparison which is what i was discussing.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2008, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooa i'm glad i stayed out of this tread...IMO it will all boil down to the QB play of the Browns, last year Anderson played well and it made up for thier poor defence; this year there D' has got stronger (excluding the CB position), but can Anderson play to the same level??? You need to be solid across the board to win in the AFC North, which personally i think the Steelers are...and the browns aint far off. I give the edge to the Stillers again this year.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually its completely different, I don't see why you would think its close to being the same...If they are hitting different gaps, with different responsibilities, thats not the same thing...A DE has two vastly different roles in both defenses, same goes for the unglorified position Rogers will be playing, you make it seem like icing on the cake when his biggest knocks were his motor, laziness, and effort and he already has his money now...So you haven't seen him play this role before, therefore its not as simple as your making it out to be.
a DE in the 3-4 is basically a DT playing 5 tech instead of 2 or 3 tech like he would in a 4-3. Just take up blockers to free up the linebackers. The nose demands a double team and keeps the middle from opening up. Some teams don't even call the DE positions in a 3-4 DE, some call it RDT and LDT. If you have the skills to be able to play DE like Williams does or NT like Rogers does then the transition shouldn't be a problem, it's not like we're tyring to fit guys into our defense who might not be good fits.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
You have no idea what your point is anymore, I just agreed with you, what point did you make from that? I said I would take Holmes over Stallworth, and you replied with another WR/TE combo that was completely irrelevant to what I was discussing...And you bringing it up was pointless because I agreed with what you brought up, it still has nothing to do with the Stallworth and Holmes comparison which is what i was discussing.
I would take Holmes over Travis Wilson.

Thats about how obvious your comment was earlier, Holmes is a young receiver who doesn't get hurt and has excellent speed and puts up great numbers unlike Stallworth who has been hurt throughout his career and isn't as young or productive as Holmes...

Yet again, people comparing targets that don't make sense, which has been my point all along. I know what my point is, it is if you're going to compare the targets that the teams throw to, do it in the order that they are thrown to, don't make up some dumb **** list to skew how everything looks, that has been my point all along.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I would take Holmes over Travis Wilson.

Thats about how obvious your comment was earlier, Holmes is a young receiver who doesn't get hurt and has excellent speed and puts up great numbers unlike Stallworth who has been hurt throughout his career and isn't as young or productive as Holmes...

Yet again, people comparing targets that don't make sense, which has been my point all along. I know what my point is, it is if you're going to compare the targets that the teams throw to, do it in the order that they are thrown to, don't make up some dumb **** list to skew how everything looks, that has been my point all along.

Maybe you should be explaining this to the person who rated them as equal, that was a Browns fan, so he is the one you should be throwing your explanation to, and in response to that, me and Vikes said we would favor Holmes, in response to HIM, that has nothing to do with who is a better team, offense, or who wins the division, it was a isolated comment not even directed towards you.

You need to ease off the testosterone in this thread, I understand your team is in the conversation but your a little too jacked up, every little comment gets you super worked up, and if somebody doesn't say "I think the Browns are a lock to make the super bowl" you go off into a tirade...Your 'point all along' has nothing to do with me, other then how you have been getting offended when somebody picks the Steelers for anything.

Quote: