Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Good Idea?
Yes 22 66.67%
No 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default Minor League Play?

So, the NFL teams are complaining about only being able to have 53 active players, but what would you guys think If the NFL created a minor league?

It would be similar to the way the NBA D-League runs and eventually every team would have its own minor league team like the MLB or NHL.

I would be in complete support of this Idea:

You wouldn't have to cut player who have potential, you ocould have them learn in the minor leagues.
If a player was learning a new posistion, they could learn it in the minor league.
If you are having injury problems call someone up from the minor leagues.

What do you guys think of this Idea? Do you guys have any better Ideas on how to solve this problem?
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They tried this before in NFL Europe. It didn't work out too well.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Cuz that was in Europe, what would happen if you put teams in places like Las Vegas, Los Angeles, or Oklahoma City? places that are decently big markets that don't have a football team.

Los Angeles would be the feeder team to San Diego
Las Vegas would be the feeder team to Pheonix
Oklahoma City would be the feeder team to Kansas City
etc. etc.

not only that, but it would increase the fanbase of the larger team

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 06-01-2008 at 05:02 PM.
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Europe, Arena Football, XFL, CFL...... do those sound familiar?
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

We already have a minor league its called the CFL.

It could be a good idea though. I dont know if the minorleague would be similar to baseball's or hockey's though.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
We already have a minor league its called the CFL.

It could be a good idea though. I dont know if the minorleague would be similar to baseball's or hockey's though.
I wouldn't call the CFL a minor league. How many CFL players actually make it onto NFL rosters every year? Not very many.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I wouldn't call the CFL a minor league. How many CFL players actually make it onto NFL rosters every year? Not very many.
I was just joking.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I was just joking.
Noticed the sarcasm now after reading the post again.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is actually already in the works...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...eague_(planned)

The real question is if each team will "belong" to a NFL team and whether that violates some of the restrictions on the NFL. Either way, developmental leagues have done wonders for baseball and I think they'll eventually do good in basketball, so there's no reason to think it won't be a good idea in football.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see adding numbers to the practice squad (say from 8 to 22) but I'm not so sure about a traditional "minor leauge" system. They already draft from college and have NFL Europe, Arena Football, XFL, CFL as Voodoo Monkey stated above. I'm all for enlarging a fan base, but you also have to watch out that you don't over-saturate that same market as well.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

apparently you can vote for where you think a team should be.

http://www.ufl2008.com/bring_your_team_home.html
Old 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Hey CJ NFL Europe is gone

And it is cool that this is actually in the works, I think that it is a fantastic idea
Old 06-01-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted yes but was a toss up. it'd have to be done perfectly for me to be happy with it. I think the smartest way to do it is to make it with less teams in the NFL. Following 32 teams is already time consuming enough. Following another 32 teams would be even more time consuming and thus they'd lose so many people who just couldn't keep up. If they kept it small like the CFL (8 teams I believe right now) it might work.

Edit: read the UFL site and it said 8 teams were being made. lol
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Whoa Whoa, that football league isn't ascociated with the NFL, they are trying to build their own football league. I was thinking a AAA type of team

ex- LA Dodgers > AAA Las Vegas 51's
Old 06-01-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Whoa Whoa, that football league isn't ascociated with the NFL, they are trying to build their own football league. I was thinking a AAA type of team

ex- LA Dodgers > AAA Las Vegas 51's
It's definitely been part of the discussion. Joining with the NFL would raise the chance of the UFL's survival immensly.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea if it stays in the united states because it was shown that it doesn't work overseas and if it's in canada i don't think the public can get attached to it. i would put the teams in locations where there's lower division I college football so you have the necessary facilities but you don't have to worry about filling up a 70,000 seat stadium

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

The UFL site says it's scheduled to kick off August 2008. How in the world can that happen if they haven't determined the league cities yet?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the site:
It is my distinct honor to introduce you to the United Football League (UFL), an exciting new professional football league scheduled for kick-off in August, 2008, playing a fall schedule on Friday nights.

Hopefully VB gets a team, but i aint heard nothing about it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

but how would you control who from the 8 teams went to which NFL teams, if you are making it a farm system/minor league?

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

^^^
Teams would own a players rights.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I liked NFL Europe, I wish they had kept it.

But I'd support a minor league team system.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

City Predicitions (more like guesses) Assuming the cities will match up with the divisions

NFC North - Milwaukee
NFC East - Virginia Beach
NFC South - Birmingham
NFC West - Portland

AFC North - Columbus
AFC East - Toronto (It'd be cool to have one minor league team in Canada)
AFC South - San Antonio
AFC West- Salt Lake City

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Ame...ootball_League
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
City Predicitions (more like guesses) Assuming the cities will match up with the divisions

NFC North - Milwaukee
NFC South - Birmingham
NFC West - Portland

AFC North - Columbus
AFC South - San Antonio
AFC West- Salt Lake City
Yea I like the idea for each division to have a team. I would think the NFL would wait till a league became more organized than the UFL or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post

NFC North - Milwaukee
NFC South - Birmingham
NFC West - Portland

AFC North - Columbus
AFC South - San Antonio
AFC West- Salt Lake City
Milwaukee already gets one preseason and two regular season games for the Packers so I would look elsewhere for the NFC North and I don't like the idea of Canada because the American public wants to be attached to their teams and it may be tough for fans of New England and Miami to get attached to a team in Toronto. I think Piscataway, NJ would be a lively spot for the AFC East and DeKalb, Illinois for the NFC North

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote