Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Broncos Cut Travis Henry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos released running back Travis Henry, the team announced on Monday.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," head coach Mike Shanahan said. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

Henry was signed by the Broncos as a free agent on March 5, 2007, and rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries (4.1 avg.) with four touchdowns in 12 games (seven starts) during his only season with the club. Before joining the Broncos, the eighth-year player spent two seasons (2005-06) with Tennessee after beginning his career with Buffalo (2001-04).
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move.

Selvin Young should be the starter and is a very good back with Denver (I'm already predicting 1K yards and think 1200 might be in reach), and now the team is in much better position with veteran Michael Pittman being the third-down/receiving back, and then a good underrated guy in Andre Hall as the back-up/#3 runner.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Torain will be the starter sooner rather than later. He can flat-out play.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Henry get a huge contract last year? Knew that wouldn't pan out, Denver is best finding diamond in the rough RB's anyway...Somebody like Houston should look at picking Henry up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Financial - the real reason?

Henry signed a five-year, $22.5 million deal in 2007. Included in the deal was a $6 million signing bonus. Henry restructured his contract after the 2007 season and took more than $11 million in pay reductions.

The move put his contract in very simple terms: He was making $1 million a year in base and $100,000 annually in workout bonuses. Financially, the Broncos had him as a starting running back at backup money.

I wonder if anything other than attitude/out of shape that lead to this. I am not saying they found out he had a positive drug test but if you cut him while he is injured from football (which he is pulled hamstring in OTA allegedly or maybe he was just sent home out of shape), then I believe you have to carry his salary (someone please let me know that I am wrong). Look I like Cutler calling out Brandon Marshall and Henry getting cut if he truely was out of shape and not committed but. . .I am suspicious. Shanahan has always been willing to keep the bad apple if it remotely helps him win . . . and we all know that to be true.

I am suspicious that Shanahan is claiming to be changing his spots at this stage in his career.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Ryan Torain will be the starter sooner rather than later. He can flat-out play.
That's what I'm hoping. He could add a lot of "punch" to the running game (assuming he can recover fully from the injury), which would help improve the goal line / short yardage offense.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

before henry's cologne could dry up, marlon mccree snatched up his #20 jersey
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote