Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prisco's DL rankings

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10853318
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is comparing 3-4 and 4-3 Defensive-Fronts, which is pretty tough to do. I actually wouldn't argue with the rankings, which are pretty good.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, they seem pretty agreeable.

the 34 vs. 43 thing though is hard to measure.....youd almost have to add the 34 OLBs into the mix or something
Old 06-04-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
The problem is comparing 3-4 and 4-3 Defensive-Fronts, which is pretty tough to do. I actually wouldn't argue with the rankings, which are pretty good.
That's my main problem, and we are actually talking about it on BBI. But comparing 3-4 and 4-3 defenses is stupid in my opinion. If you want to do a Dline ranking, then seperate the two, and go from there. Otherwise Dline to me is 3 down linemen in a 3-4, and 4 down in a 4-3 traditionally.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That's my main problem, and we are actually talking about it on BBI. But comparing 3-4 and 4-3 defenses is stupid in my opinion. If you want to do a Dline ranking, then seperate the two, and go from there. Otherwise Dline to me is 3 down linemen in a 3-4, and 4 down in a 4-3 traditionally.
Exactly what I was thinking. I think the best way for him to measure would be to just measure the front-seven, so then it evens out.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. I think the best way for him to measure would be to just measure the front-seven, so then it evens out.
And if someone really wanted to a do a 3-4 then analyze the down linemen, and see how they eat up blocks and free their LBs to make plays. Playing in a 3-4 isn't sexy by anymeans if your a down linemen, and usually your guys like Ware, Lewis, Merriman will get the props, but to avoid the bias of Lbs coming in, analyze how each takes on the block, and occupies space while the LBs rally to make a play.

I know there is so much scheme and technique wise you can look for to evaluate which player or unit is better.

Like I said on BBI, adding the LBs and then on top of that mixing both systems is plain lazy.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Kiwi is as more of a downlineman than many 3-4 OLBs, he plays on the line most snaps, why not include him? The rankings were tolerable although his comparison of 3-4 v 4-3 lines is terrible.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ravens at 6 is ok. the ranking werent all that bad to me, but i agree that mixing 3-4 and 4-3 and mixing in the linebackers is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would probably argue that it would just be simpler to rate the front seven instead of trying to make the every shrinking distinction between linebackers and defensive linemen.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put the Texans d-line over ours, but thats all I could think of.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

That's stupid. The Rams should be top 5 at least. Leonard Little is a HOF'r, Chris Long will probably when DROY, Adam Carriker is a no doubt multiple Pro Bowler, and Clifton Ryan is a young stud. That's just ridiculous.

PS- Just Kidding

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Happy with Ravens at 6. The Texans line needs to be way higher.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little generous he had us @ 29 out of 32

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's mixed up about who is playing what/where for the Niners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt it in alphabetical order? i see what he did now

he should ahve just put them in chronological order
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

23 at bucs !!, and he put hovan as our best lineman lol
Old 06-04-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post

Yeah, it's organized terribly. I was trying to figure out what "rating" meant for a little while. I saw the Rams at 19 and thought, "Wow that's a pretty high rank for us." Then I realized "rating" actually means "rank" and I wasn't so happy about the 19, not that it's wrong though.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im surprised we are as high as 27
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

He says Hali can be a 12 sack guy but then puts us down at 30? I knew there was a reason I hated Prisco. Of course, ratings like these are just like ratings on Madden. Young players likely to breakout or improve are still given low rankings so unless you are already an established player or group of players you will not get credit.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
He says Hali can be a 12 sack guy but then puts us down at 30? I knew there was a reason I hated Prisco. Of course, ratings like these are just like ratings on Madden. Young players likely to breakout or improve are still given low rankings so unless you are already an established player or group of players you will not get credit.
Yeah, why should players have to earn a high ranking!?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Gabe Watson was decent for the Cards last year. If he's their weak link...

- Dallas enjoys the same problem, since Spears isn't terrible just nothing amazing.

- So do the Packers.

- The Pats weak link is Bruschi.

Yea...thats it really.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should do a "front seven" ranking rather then a ranking of "defensive lines" and "linebackers", because the two things serve a totally different purpose in a 3-4 or 4-3.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Hali "can be" a 12-sack guy. When he "is" a 12-sack guy, the Chiefs' raking will improve.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Steelers have a top 10 DL. As hard as it is to compare 3-4 to 4-3.

Keisel is underrated because the Steelers scheme him to be more of a passrusher.

Keisel had a top number of QB Hurries...
98-A.Odom, TEN: 1.69
91-R.Geathers, CIN: 1.56
51-J.Farrior, PIT: 1.50
93-K.Vanden Bosch, TEN: 1.44
92-B.Berry, ARI: 1.33
95-K.Wimbley, CLE: 1.25
69-J.Allen, KC: 1.25
94-K.Gbaja-Biamila, GB: 1.19
92-A.Haynesworth, TEN: 1.19
55-T.Suggs, BAL: 1.18
56-D.Burgess, OAK: 1.16
94-D.Ware, DAL: 1.16
56-A.Peek, CLE: 1.13
91-T.LaBoy, TEN: 1.13
99-B.Keisel, PIT: 1.10

Not one other 3-4 DL On that list (1.1 hurries per game)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post

... first assign a number of minutes to each player, then adding all the players ranked up to get a time valuation on a line and rank them accordingly?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote