Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.
Default McFadden Signed

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=45672

Its great we got him signed early.Especially after what happened last year.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Exactly.

The league should mandate that the team with the #1 overall pick have a deal signed before the draft. This seems to eliminate most of the rookie holdouts, and allows them to get into camp on time. It just makes the whole process much better for everyone involved.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job by McFadden, he came out and said he wanted this done, and made it happen, good move on his part not holding out and being greedy...Excellent move on both parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah congrats Raiders hope he works out if Kwame plays too much LT they might need him at QB
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Looks like the Raiders are depending on the salary cap going away. Considering how much they have backloaded all of the deals they have signed they are screwed if the salary cap stays put. They also better pray they don't have another top 10 draft pick. Seeing them give that much guaranteed money to unproven rookies year after year? Brilliant.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job by the Raiders. I've been a McFadden fan for a while now and I'm really interested to see him in the NFL.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com reports it's a 6-year 60 million dollar deal with 26 million guaranteed. This is getting rediculous.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:50 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Contract terms were not disclosed, but several media sources said the deal was for six years and $60 million, with $26 million guaranteed."

good job getting him signed early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I hope thats not true that would be an insane amount of money, if those actually turned out to be the numbers.

Gaines Adams: 6 Years $42 Million, $18.56 Million Garunteed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4173

Adrian Peterson 6 Years $40.5 Million, $17 Million Garunteed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4169

Ladanian Tomlinson 8 years $60 Million, $21 Million Garunteed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...ort=NFL&id=561

He would be making nearly $20 Million and $8-9 Million more garunteed than the #4 Overall pick last year & the 1st RB taken last year. On top of that he would be making much more garunteed money than Ladanian Tomlinson.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 06-06-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Looks like the Raiders are depending on the salary cap going away. Considering how much they have backloaded all of the deals they have signed they are screwed if the salary cap stays put. They also better pray they don't have another top 10 draft pick. Seeing them give that much guaranteed money to unproven rookies year after year? Brilliant.
If anything probably anticipating that the cap rises again significantly as part of a new CBA. The removal of the salary cap entirely is unlikely, as a league without a CBA likely means strike, and it's almost a certainty any new CBA will include a salary cap.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
NFL.com reports it's a 6-year 60 million dollar deal with 26 million guaranteed. This is getting rediculous.
That's Reggie Bush type money. It's a decent contract.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Makes me nervous about having to sign two first round picks this year and then try to keep gamble and gross next year.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news. I can't wait for week one.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well there wasn't much the Raiders could do when the #3 pick gets 72 million and almost 35mill guaranteed. Well good job by Al, McFadden, & his agent getting signed early.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Makes me nervous about having to sign two first round picks this year and then try to keep gamble and gross next year.
I feel you Chiefs are in the same boat I think we can get the Albert at 15 deal done but Dorsey at 5 I'm not so sure it gets done before camp.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kudos to the Raiders & McFadden for getting this deal done so quickly. I honestly thought it was going to take a lot longer than this.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

thank god........
Old 06-06-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep View Post
Well there wasn't much the Raiders could do when the #3 pick gets 72 million and almost 35mill guaranteed. Well good job by Al, McFadden, & his agent getting signed early.
Agreed........
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I feel you Chiefs are in the same boat I think we can get the Albert at 15 deal done but Dorsey at 5 I'm not so sure it gets done before camp.
Dorsey ain't the type to hold out. He'd probably go into camp without a contract if they let him.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
Dorsey ain't the type to hold out. He'd probably go into camp without a contract if they let him.
If that is true i would question his intelligence
Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
That's Reggie Bush type money. It's a decent contract.
it's not. It's comparable to another insane contract, which makes it equally insane. I can't believe you can call these kinds of deals 'decent' he never played a single down in the NFL and there's any number of people who doubt he'll ever be as great a pro as he was a college player. Not to mention the fact that guys who have proven themselves and play their hearts out in the NFL year in year out get payed less than some rookie BMOC who hasn't done jacksquat as a pro.

It's a stupid system in which the wrong people get rewarded. This has nothing to do with decency.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
it's not. It's comparable to another insane contract, which makes it equally insane. I can't believe you can call these kinds of deals 'decent' he never played a single down in the NFL and there's any number of people who doubt he'll ever be as great a pro as he was a college player. Not to mention the fact that guys who have proven themselves and play their hearts out in the NFL year in year out get payed less than some rookie BMOC who hasn't done jacksquat as a pro.

It's a stupid system in which the wrong people get rewarded. This has nothing to do with decency.
Search my posts. I think the deals should be done like the NBA's are done. Just with the salary cap the way is and the contracts are these days it's a decent deal. I'm surprised he didn't get 65-70 mil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
If that is true i would question his intelligence
But wouldn't question his heart and desire to be a great player and teammate. Got it.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Money aside, good job by both parties getting this squared away early.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

its good for him that he got it done early but my god the rookie contracts are getting unbelieveable. im not a big fan of mcfadden i think he is really overhyped, but no one is worth that much money. like stated before there are so many vets who make a tiny fraction of his money and he hasn't even played a down yet

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
thank god........
Thank Al...

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote