Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-09-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Strahan Appreciation Thread

This is to remember Strahan, one of the greatest DE's to play the game, EVER. Known for his pass rushing abilities, he was also one of, if not THE best run stuffing DE of all time. An emotional leader, and fan favorite who is going out on top, and rightfully so. He'll dearly be missed as a player and leader. The last remaining Giant who played with LT. Post your fond memories of our beloved "Stray" along with favorite pictures, and feel free to humourously jest at his self-accepted gap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were building a 4-3 defense, I'd want Strahan as my LDE.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely one of the best ever.

Farve screwed up the play, it was NOT a give-away sack!! :roll:

It took me a few months to watch any of the post super bowl coverage of all the Giants bullsh*t, but I am finally able to say I'm glad Strahan got a ring!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hats off to big Mike for so many great years of play with the GMen. He'll be missed on Sundays, for sure.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

favorite strahan play of all time, when we were playing philly (or jets i forget) in overtime and he intercepted a deflected ball and returned it for a touchdown

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Check the Avi
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an Eagles fan, I'm glad to see him go. But as a football fan, I will greatly miss him. He was one of the best football players this league will ever see. It was always great seeing him and Runyan tango (and other things not so sophisticated) out on the feild. Those were my favorite parts of games, as you could see both of those guys were trying as hard as they could, and both jsut wanted to embarass the other, though neither really ever could,as it was usually a close matchup. Strahan is one of the most complete DEs in the NFL's history, and the Giants young DEs are better off for it. It only shows how much he cared about winning and helping younger players. He had one fo the best personalities this sport has seen. It will probably be awkward for Runyan now that he doesn't have Strahan to battle, just as it will be awkward for me nto seeing him out there on Sundays. Goodbye Michael Strahan, and good luck in whatever you do...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt like he could of produced this year at a high level, but anytime your close to retirement and you have a chance to go out with a ring, its hard to pass up, so I think he made the right choice...He was the motivational leader last year, and pulled that group together down the stretch, he was every bit as important to the Giants Super Bowl run, and will be sorely missed in the NFL...This HOF class is stacking up to be pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should retire the #92 from all teams in the NFL

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now you're getting carried away.

Last edited by Geo : 06-11-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I don't think we will ever see a defensive end like Strahan again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I don't think we will ever see a defensive end like Strahan again.
His name is Super Mario. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
rukster

Strahan was one of a kind. Everything about him. His playing style never really reminded me of anyone and his off the field style was very unique. I will miss him.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Strahan has epitomized what Big Blue is about for the past 15 years. He's the best, team leader, sack artist, great to the fans and media, one of the all-time greats. It's awesome to see him go out on top.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think the ultimate compliment for a player is to hear that fans of rival teams are literally overjoyed at the news of his retirement and that certainly applies here. He always killed us so I'm certainly not going to miss that gap toothed Texan lol. I respect the hell out of him as a player and he always seemed like a nice decent man off the field. One more time for old time sake... *In exaggerated southern accent* Hey big old Michael Strahan I said "How bout them Cowboys! WHOOOO!!!" lol.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I think the ultimate compliment for a player is to hear that fans of rival teams are literally overjoyed at the news of his retirement and that certainly applies here. He always killed us so I'm certainly not going to miss that gap toothed Texan lol. I respect the hell out of him as a player and he always seemed like a nice decent man off the field. One more time for old time sake... *In exaggerated southern accent* Hey big old Michael Strahan I said "How bout them Cowboys! WHOOOO!!!" lol.
Its an even bigger compliment to hear fans of other teams talking about how respected he was as a person too...

Old 06-11-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
they should retire the #92 from all teams in the NFL
A little over the top, but certainly #92 should be retired for the Giants.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LONG LIVE THE GAP! We'll miss you Big Mike.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

they should replace aikman with strahan for the games, at least then joe buck wont be able to talk crap about every team in the NFC East and praising the cowboys. If he tries strahan will jack him the **** up

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.theonion.com/content/info...ichael_strahan

Saw this on The Onion. Awesome.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote