Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

View Poll Results: How many yards will Matt Forte run for?
Less than 500 1 1.92%
501-999 26 50.00%
1000-1199 19 36.54%
More than 1200 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
AaronGrayisKing

With Cedric gone and options a-plenty its time to put your guess in...

I think he'll come in at about 1150.

Last edited by AaronGrayisKing : 06-16-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he'll lead rookies in rushing

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want him to be the next AP

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll fall just short of a thousand. Should put up some solid numbers! :)
Old 06-16-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted 1000-1199. very solid, especially for a rookie though no AP spectacular. should be a very good season though and with over 1000 yards, could make a good ROTY case
Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Around 800 yards.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

around 600-700 yards 6 tds 100-250 receiving yards 2 tds.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

matt ryan will be ROY. duh.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

599 + with Wolfe taking some of the carries away, I think they are going to throw Wolfe in tehre
Old 06-17-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

depends what they do with AP and Wolfe, I put around 1000, just because the Bears haven't had a 1 back system, but a 2 back system.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
i want him to be the next AP
why!!!!??, you already have 1 why do you want another backup, who had the same number of fumbles as TD.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he gets 650-750.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
why!!!!??, you already have 1 why do you want another backup, who had the same number of fumbles as TD.
The next AD!!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll break 1000 yards, and end up with around 1050. He can start the whole season.
Just a small request for Scott Wright, can he post his scouting report on Cedric Benson from 2005? I just want to know if his attitude was a concern going into the draft.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

800 range, with Wolfe & AP getting some carries. I see nothing that leads me to believe the running game will have much more success than last year. 8 in the box unless Rex or Orton miraculously turn into a stud. Rushing for 83 ypg with .5 TDs per game like the Bears did last year won't get him ROY - even if he gets all the touches, which he won't.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
800 range, with Wolfe & AP getting some carries. I see nothing that leads me to believe the running game will have much more success than last year. 8 in the box unless Rex or Orton miraculously turn into a stud. Rushing for 83 ypg with .5 TDs per game like the Bears did last year won't get him ROY - even if he gets all the touches, which he won't.
Williams - ??? - Kreutz - Garza - Tait

>>>>>>>

Tait - ??? - Kreutz - Garza - Miller

plus Benson was a straight up lazy *****. as long as Forte works harder, he has a good enough shot of doing better
Old 06-17-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and it's not like the bears don't go deep. come on. that's still half the offense. just they sucked at it last year.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Which is exactly why they had trouble rushing. When you suck at passing teams stack 8 in the box, stuffing the run. I agree that Benson was a bum, and Forte will be better than him. But that won't be enough, especially when the best deep threat for an admittedly sucky deep game goes to another team.

So let's say the Bears rush game is better - which I assume it will be, anyway. They put up 1600 yards & 14 TDs instead of the 3rd or 4th worst #s they put up last year @ 13xx & 8 TDs. Forte gets 1/2 that b/c he's splitting time - 800 or so yards and 7 TDs. I think Stewart beats that, thus no ROY for Forte.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Just a small request for Scott Wright, can he post his scouting report on Cedric Benson from 2005? I just want to know if his attitude was a concern going into the draft.
Maybe I can help:

Quote:
Cedric Benson
Official Bio College: Texas Height: 6-0
Position: Running Back Weight: 215
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.50

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Very good all-around athletic ability...Good size...Tough, powerful runner...Shows good vision and balance...Has strong legs and can move a pile...Hits the hole hard...Is quick and shows some some shiftiness for a guy his size...A workhorse who gets stronger with more carries and as the game goes on...Isn't just a short yardage runner and can break the long one...Extremely productive, ran for 1,000+ yards every year and is one of the most prolific running backs in college football history.

Weaknesses: Although good for his size, he won't wow you with his pure speed...Is only average as a receiver...Had some off the field legal issues..Character may be an issue for some, especially after the recent saga of Ricky Williams...Has had some minor injuries but will play through them...Has carried the ball a lot and there is some wear on his tires.

Notes: Nicknamed "Little Ricky" when he arrived in Austin due to his similarities to and fondness for Ricky Williams...Like Williams, Benson also played minor league baseball for the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason...May have been a 1st Round Pick in 2004 had he come out after his junior season...One of the better running back prospects to come along in a few years...Potential elite, franchise back in the NFL and as close to a sure thing as there is in this Draft.
- Scott Wright
Quote:
4. Chicago Bears: Cedric Benson, RB, Texas

A great pick for the Bears and the workhorse they need in Ron Turner's offensive scheme. The guy who I feel is the one sure thing in this Draft and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a stud from the start at the pro level and be a 1,000+ yard rusher as a rookie. A safe pick and this will really take a lot of pressure off of Rex Grossman and that passing game, possibly allowing the Chicago offense to show the kind of improvement the defense did a year ago.
Hey I agree with Scott, at the time I thought it was a perfect fit. Granted, I thought the Bears might go back to being a little more smashmouth, as opposed to going more finesse/speed-based on offense like they have. And obviously Benson didn't get off to a good start at all, with the Bears not getting him signed before a 36-day holdout that saw him miss just about all of training camp/preseason, and veteran Thomas Jones having won the job deservingly.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Maybe I can help:

Hey I agree with Scott, at the time I thought it was a perfect fit. Granted, I thought the Bears might go back to being a little more smashmouth, as opposed to going more finesse/speed-based on offense like they have. And obviously Benson didn't get off to a good start at all, with the Bears not getting him signed before a 36-day holdout that saw him miss just about all of training camp/preseason, and veteran Thomas Jones having won the job deservingly.
i don't think anyone could have known how much of a lazy......another word for a girls special area....he would be though.

That killed him. All the talent in the world doesn't help when you are too lazy to put it to good use or don't want to get hit enough to use it.....

Even if Forte doesn't have the same upside people projected for Cedric, he could be world better in the short term
Old 06-17-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Maybe I can help:

Looking back at it, it probably was the best option at the time. They needed any kind of skill position player after that horrible 2004 season. He was another one of those players that saw the big paycheck and didn't give a **** after that. The small legal issues were not major concerns at the time. The hold-out also killed him because he had no leverage after Edwards and Brown signed, he was just making it worse for himself.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree that the pick was the best option at the time. We just fell short of grabbing Braylon Edwards, so the next best thing was a CB (which we were set at). We could have had Caddy, but he has been injured. Mike Williams was probably the next best thing at the time to Benson, which doesnt say much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote