Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not gonna lie, i ******* hate a lot of the new sub-genres of country. I'm not even a fan of CCR, but i love this song:
It's one of my favorite songs by CCR, actually.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
My favorite songs out right now

And as usual George Strait pwns noobies...

Chesney's and McGraw's I like, Chesney's especially. Felt Good On My Lips is the first Tim McGraw song I've really liked in about 5 years. I liked Carrie's the first three times I heard it, but after hearing it for a fourth time (less than three hours after I heard it the first time), I got tired of it. As for George Strait, you truly can't go wrong.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamey's new single

Old 02-03-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Jamey's new single

This better get on the radio, it's one of my favorite songs off his new album.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I started hearing Colder Weather by ZBB on the radio last week, and I'm so glad that song is getting out on the radio, its such a great song, great lyrics, vocals, and sound to it. Some of their best songs haven't made the air, and its good to hear one of my favorite ZBB songs getting some airtime. I'm hearing it a little more frequently on the radio as well, so I think its catching on. If you haven't heard it yet, find it.

Also, for Metsox in particular... Did you know Randy Rogers Band was on the Tonight Show a few weeks ago, and on Conan's show on Monday? They are also nominated for an ACM for best vocal group. I think this is them taking the final step into national recognition. I hope so, because no one deserves it more than them, I've never wanted someone to get big more than these guys.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think ZBB is probably the best group out right now, they have by far the best vocals, their music is just so so good. They've come a long way in a short amount of time, and people need to start recognizing them for what they are; an extremely talented group of "music guys" that are putting out hit after hit. Congrats to them

As for RRB, of course i know what's going on with them EATW. :D I did know they were on both Conan and Leno, performing "Interstate" off the Burning the Day album. That album was starting to change a little how their music usually is, so all i'm scared of is that they're gonna get enough pub that they'll get moved to a bigger label and they'll get "Nashville'd up" like many other Texas artists have. :/

If you missed it:
http://www.tbs.com/video/conan.jsp?o...f=sharethisUrl
Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I honestly think ZBB is probably the best group out right now, they have by far the best vocals, their music is just so so good. They've come a long way in a short amount of time, and people need to start recognizing them for what they are; an extremely talented group of "music guys" that are putting out hit after hit. Congrats to them

As for RRB, of course i know what's going on with them EATW. :D I did know they were on both Conan and Leno, performing "Interstate" off the Burning the Day album. That album was starting to change a little how their music usually is, so all i'm scared of is that they're gonna get enough pub that they'll get moved to a bigger label and they'll get "Nashville'd up" like many other Texas artists have. :/

If you missed it:
http://www.tbs.com/video/conan.jsp?o...f=sharethisUrl
Agreed, I heard they're trying to get back recording their next album as early as June, and could see their next album early next year or sooner, I just hope they keep their style, it seems like ZBB has been able to stick with what they started out with, while still developing further as artists. I think, and hope the same type of thing will happen with RRB.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some highlights from the new Waylon Tribute CD that came out

Old 02-09-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Randy Houser is sick with these tribute albums. His "Simple Man" for the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute was really, really, really ******* good, and this version sounds great as well.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Yea Randy's voice is so under rated by most people which could be bc of his looks. Ive got tickets in a few weeks to a accoustic show that he is a part of and hearing him like that is just unreal.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so i ******* love CCR now. Ran into this little gem while listening to one of their albums.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carmelita is such a great song no matter who is singing it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Before that, i had never heard of the song. It's amazing.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Before that, i had never heard of the song. It's amazing.
I know Warren Zevon and Dwight Yoakam have done versions.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

my gf got my haggard and Kristofferson tickets for vday
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Okay, so i ******* love CCR now. Ran into this little gem while listening to one of their albums.

Well let me bring up some of my favorite CCR songs that you maybe haven't "found" yet...

(its a rock band clip, but its the best quality of sound I could find)

It sucks they split up, but two of the band members, Cody Canda and Jeremy Plato started up another band, The Departed. I haven't heard any of their stuff, but it'd be tough for me to like their stuff as much as CCR's.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 02-16-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Some of you may say Carrie is the hottest country singer, some will say Taylor, or Martina, idk, maybe some of you will say Miranda, but let me throw this next one into the ring...

Yurp, I'm a sucker for nice legs, and she's got em. I kinda like this song too.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-mu...e/793919506001

Randy Houser singing accoustic
Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually might be able to go to a couple of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo concerts. Usually it ends right before my Spring Break starts but this year there will be Brad Paisley and Jason Aldean as the last two acts that I would be able to go to once school is out.

They will have a couple of non country acts mixed in but the lineup is Clay Walker, Trace Adkins, Sugarland, Janet Jackson, Billy Currington, Selena Gomez, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Gary Allen, Kid Rock, KISS, Miranda Lambert, Zac Brown Band, Allen Jackson, Brad Paisley, and Jason Aldean. Every night there is a different act. Granted, Reliant Stadium is not the best place for a concert since its so large. I will see if I can make it home to see Brad Paisley. I have been wanting to see his concert for awhile now.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 02-25-2011 at 03:58 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
This song/video (as well as Need You Now) is why they won so much at the Grammys. I love this song.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Maybe my favorite ZBB song (so hard to choose since every single one of their songs that I've heard is amazing), its one of those songs that I know I'm going to listen to for a long long time, in hopes that I won't be a bitter old man, haha.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

somehow ive never seen this thread i love country music.

Brad Paisley - Mr Policeman, also by BP - Catch All the Fish

Justin Moore - I Could Kick Your Ass

idk how to post videos sorry people
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
somehow ive never seen this thread i love country music.

Brad Paisley - Mr Policeman, also by BP - Catch All the Fish

Justin Moore - I Could Kick Your Ass

idk how to post videos sorry people
I like all three of those songs, I also like Hank It off of Justin Moore's album. Paisley is just a beast, I'm a big fan of his, he can do almost no wrong by me.

As far as posting videos, if they're off youtube, all you have to do is copy everything after the = (its usually a sequence of numbers and letters, sometimes will have "feature" or "related" as well) Once you copy that put it inside [outube][/youtube].
(this first youtube tag should have the y, but I left it out because if you type it up as it should be, you can't see what to do without highlighting the area or quoting my post)

And now the universe will implode because I used to fail at doing anything like this, haha.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 03-01-2011 at 12:49 PM.