Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Randy Travis is the best country musician of all time.
Fixed it for ya. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Brad Paisley and Jason Aldean over the weekend and they were awesome.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the 90's country music, the new stuff that is out there is terrible.

Anyone else feel this way?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post

You gotta look harder to find it, but its out there. Just look through this thread and you'll find some good, new country.

I'm actually of the opinion there is much better stuff out right now, as I have grown VERY tired of Alan Jackson and Reba McEntyre...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Toby Keith is the best country musician of all time.
I like Kenny Chesney better.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also if any of you are watching idol the blond girl is from about 30 minutes from where I live.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sawyer Brown? Blackhawk? Garth?

Anyone here a fan of Gary Allan?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

Yea I've always liked Gary Allan his new cd is very good and i'm worried his radio career is about over as his last few songs have not done so well.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Also if any of you are watching idol the blond girl is from about 30 minutes from where I live.

EYB= ******* fantastic, and you can't go wrong with Brad Paisley, I like a lot of his newer songs, just not as much as his older stuff, he's kinda falling off a bit if you ask me.

Honey Bee is a hell of a song too, I also like Shelton's song Kiss my Country Ass. Blake Shelton is a favorite of mine.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

If you ask me, Gary Allen is one of the most underrated performers in recent memory, he has SO MANY great songs. I'm a huge fan of all his albums. And I wouldn't get too down on him georgiafan, Get Off On the Pain was pretty big for a while, but I can't believe they haven't released any of the other songs off the album as singles yet (or if they did, that I haven't heard them on the radio that much).

Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

You just have to look hard, most of the stuff they play on the radio has lots of money behind it, and is waaaaaay overplayed. I just wish radio would play more "unknown" music instead of the same 5 or 6 "popular" songs over and over and over and over.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect opportunity to post this video

Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

the best voice in country music

Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
the best voice in country music

I like Keith Whitley and Alan Jackson's version better.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't posted this thread in a while! What are ya'll listening to now a days?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Haven't posted this thread in a while! What are ya'll listening to now a days?
EYB, seriously, I haven't stopped listening to Life At Best since it came out. Even If It Breaks Your Heart, is one of my favorite songs of all time, probably passed Small Town Kid, even. That whole album is ******* awesome, in every sense of the word. My only issue is that I wish they could have been more involved in the writing of these songs, instead of relying on other musicians.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

I don't go one day without hearing Made In America and God Gave Me You like 3-5 times and I rarely do that much driving.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I don't go one day without hearing Made In America and God Gave Me You like 3-5 times and I rarely do that much driving.
We had two country radio stations down here recently. One got bought out so i'm stuck with the popular station. I wanna shoot every one of those songs in the face. They play nothing but Nashville garbage.

Also, anyone else noticing the lack of creativity in the music and lyrics in songs now a days? It seems like everyone wants to sing about how "country" they are, and how they have 4-wheel drives and dirt roads and listening to some old artists that they probably don't even like (waylon, george jones, hank sr). It's pissing me off. I hate 95% of **** that's on the radio.

+rep to the guy that said 90s country was the best.

Mark Chesnutt, Shenandoah, McBride & The Ride, Perfect Stranger, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Tim McGraw, LoneStar, Clint Black, Clay Walker, Tracy Lawrence, Pat Green, Rick Trevino, Travis Tritt...

I could go on and on. All those artists are infinitely better than any ******* Brad Paisley or Blake Shelton or Jason Aldean, some of the bigger names right now. **** those guys and their ****** Nashville'd out music.

One last thing. Gary Allan is the ******* man. That is all.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
We had two country radio stations down here recently. One got bought out so i'm stuck with the popular station. I wanna shoot every one of those songs in the face. They play nothing but Nashville garbage.

Also, anyone else noticing the lack of creativity in the music and lyrics in songs now a days? It seems like everyone wants to sing about how "country" they are, and how they have 4-wheel drives and dirt roads and listening to some old artists that they probably don't even like (waylon, george jones, hank sr). It's pissing me off. I hate 95% of **** that's on the radio.

+rep to the guy that said 90s country was the best.

Mark Chesnutt, Shenandoah, McBride & The Ride, Perfect Stranger, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Tim McGraw, LoneStar, Clint Black, Clay Walker, Tracy Lawrence, Pat Green, Rick Trevino, Travis Tritt...

I could go on and on. All those artists are infinitely better than any ******* Brad Paisley or Blake Shelton or Jason Aldean, some of the bigger names right now. **** those guys and their ****** Nashville'd out music.

One last thing. Gary Allan is the ******* man. That is all.
I was with you until you hated on Brad Paisley. McGraw was only around for like 5 or 6 years before Paisley made it. Wasn't Brad's first hit like 1999?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I liked Paisley's earlier work, but a lot of his recent songs have been really annoying. water, anything like me, this is country music, american saturday night, old alabama, welcome to the future, start a band, i'm still a guy..

Those are about 80% of his hits of the last 4ish years. And they all suck pretty badly. He mixes in a good song every now and then (waitin on a woman, then, remind me) but he does too much commercial **** for my liking. he's like the will smith of country music right now. he's really good, and when he actually puts in some effort he does great work, but he'd much rather do safe, money making projects instead.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Justin Moore is a perfect example of what you was talking about with nashville country songs. It's like we know you are short and from a small southern town but do u have to mention it in every song.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I liked Paisley's earlier work, but a lot of his recent songs have been really annoying. water, anything like me, this is country music, american saturday night, old alabama, welcome to the future, start a band, i'm still a guy..

Those are about 80% of his hits of the last 4ish years. And they all suck pretty badly. He mixes in a good song every now and then (waitin on a woman, then, remind me) but he does too much commercial **** for my liking. he's like the will smith of country music right now. he's really good, and when he actually puts in some effort he does great work, but he'd much rather do safe, money making projects instead.
The songs you mentioned you like are the majority of his "love songs" with the exception of "The World." His style of music is the interesting/funny topics that you wouldn't normally hear. He also had Celebrity, Mud on the Tires, I am Going To Miss Her, Online, Alcohol, Ticks, and I am sure there are more that I can't think of at the moment.. This might be just me, but I love me some Brad Paisley.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 10-10-2011 at 01:22 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

My issue with Brad Paisley is every single damn recording is the exact same medium-fast tempo thing over and over, its kinda like Toby Keith actually, in how they both haven't switched up any of their music tempo-wise in their last three albums.

And yeah, I've said it before, but Gary Allen is the man. One of my favorite artists has been making great music for a long time, and still is. I like Aldean, probably at least in my top three of Nashville country artists, but, you have to know what your getting with him since he doesn't write any of his own songs.