Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason you guys don't like artists like Justin Moore (I'm not a huge fan of his either, to say the least) is exactly why I'm still such a huge fan of Eric Church. He has that old school fee to his music, without saying he is like them, and actually goes so far as to say that it'll take a lot of other good artists to fill their space ("Boot Left to Fill" is where this is most prominent). Though neither of his albums after his original are as good as his first, he is still making great music, which is probably why he is my favorite of the Nashville artists. I'm waiting on some more Randy Houser music. I'm a big fan of his music so far, and with his voice and his ability to write songs, I hope he can get eve more popular.

As I typed this... "Smoke a Little Smoke" came on my ipod... Well done ipod, well done.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
The reason you guys don't like artists like Justin Moore (I'm not a huge fan of his either, to say the least) is exactly why I'm still such a huge fan of Eric Church. He has that old school fee to his music, without saying he is like them, and actually goes so far as to say that it'll take a lot of other good artists to fill their space ("Boot Left to Fill" is where this is most prominent). Though neither of his albums after his original are as good as his first, he is still making great music, which is probably why he is my favorite of the Nashville artists. I'm waiting on some more Randy Houser music. I'm a big fan of his music so far, and with his voice and his ability to write songs, I hope he can get eve more popular.

As I typed this... "Smoke a Little Smoke" came on my ipod... Well done ipod, well done.
I don't like "Smoke a Little Smoke" but I do like "Homeboys." A lot of Eric Church is the same tempo though, which was something you didn't like about Paisley.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Church is my favorite artist out there right now.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is probably my favorite song at the moment.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the new Ronnie Milsap cd today called "country again" its pretty good
Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I don't like "Smoke a Little Smoke" but I do like "Homeboys." A lot of Eric Church is the same tempo though, which was something you didn't like about Paisley.
You see, I was at one of his concerts (my first concert I ever went to), and live, he does switch up the tempo in his songs, which took me back at first, but it was pretty neat to hear them done a different way.

Edit: Also, it's not that I don't like Paisley, I just haven't been able to get into any of his most recent albums anywhere near as much as before 5 years ago. He still is a hell of a performer and one of the best guitarists out there, thats for sure,

Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
This is probably my favorite song at the moment.

This got WAAAAAY overplayed on the radios here, but its getting to the point where they are playing it less, and I'm beginning to actually like the song again, and a lot.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
You see, I was at one of his concerts (my first concert I ever went to), and live, he does switch up the tempo in his songs, which took me back at first, but it was pretty neat to hear them done a different way.

Edit: Also, it's not that I don't like Paisley, I just haven't been able to get into any of his most recent albums anywhere near as much as before 5 years ago. He still is a hell of a performer and one of the best guitarists out there, thats for sure,
I didn't get to see too much of Church. Before he got big, he was our free Homecoming concert a few years ago. I was thinking of your comment, and the majority of artists have a favorite tempo and almost all keep with it. George Strait was one of the first to come to mind. I don't think any of his songs change tempo in decades.

I never heard too much of Barefoot Blue Jean Night as much as I have some of the other songs. It's to the point where I can't stand Made In America since I hear it that often. My alarm clock turns on the radio instead of the annoying beeping sounds and the first song to come on was Made In America. It was a good tactic since I usually lay there listening to a few songs before getting up, but this time I had to get up to turn it off immediately.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't listen to the radio, so I don't know how "new" it is, but my favorite song at the moment is David Nail "Let It Rain".
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I don't listen to the radio, so I don't know how "new" it is, but my favorite song at the moment is David Nail "Let It Rain".
I like it too although the song is about him cheating on his wife.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I've been tired of "Made in America" since the second time I heard it (~30 minutes after the first time I heard it). So damn boring listening to the radio because they ALWAYS play it. "Let it Rain" is about a year old I'd say (might actually be more), but it is a hell of a song.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All hail 90s country!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't like at least four of those six, we can never ever hang out or be friends. Seriously.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

5, but your a Cowboys fan, so it never would've worked out anyway ;).

Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We could have worked out our differences.. We would have been great.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Old 10-22-2011, 03:02 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Brad Paisley announced a few dates for his 2012 tour and he is coming to my university. :) I saw him last year at the Houston Rodeo but the stage is in the middle of the dirt and all the fans are far away. It was awesome but I am excited to get some floor tickets. I will be waking up bright an early when they go on sale.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Saw Robert Earl Keen last night.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Screw you...

Well, I was at the Cowboys/Eagles game, so I can say we are even, lol.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Haha, considering the way we got romped, i'd say you're a little ahead..

Until.

You realize it was a private event and i was basically hanging out with the damn guy while he was playing three feet away from me.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Haha, considering the way we got romped, i'd say you're a little ahead..

Until.

You realize it was a private event and i was basically hanging out with the damn guy while he was playing three feet away from me.
Somehow I got that idea before you even said anything else, and I just had to look back on the first post to see if there were any clues as to why I immediately thought that, but yeah, I'd say its pretty close to even...

Old 11-29-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

The Band Perry and Scotty McReery are opening for Brad Paisley during his next tour that is coming up. I signed up for his fan club to get presale tickets. I am excited.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Scotty Mcfag is terrible. I was actually very anti-band perry cause the guys dress like h0mos, but they're pretty good vocalists. I'm slowly approving.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else hear of or like whitey morgan and the 78's? They have the old school sound
Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Scotty Mcfag is terrible. I was actually very anti-band perry cause the guys dress like h0mos, but they're pretty good vocalists. I'm slowly approving.
The sister is hot as hell, and also has a great voice, that doesn't hurt either. Both brothers are good instrumentalists too, anything from the mandolin to the bass, that earned them some respect, even if they look like douchers.