Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Commentary from the ACAs

Trace Adkins has the personality of a wooden plank

Josh Turner sings just as great acapella

The girl from The Band Perry is a great vocalist, i'm a huge fan of her

That annoying little **** hosting is the worst.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't watch it, but saw a lot of the awrds that were given out. So my question... is the event as big of a joke as the award winners?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Didn't watch it, but saw a lot of the awrds that were given out. So my question... is the event as big of a joke as the award winners?
It was a confusing event bc I always got confused what the award was for as all of them was like songs and videos and stuff idk just always forget 30 seconds later what the person had won.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the ACAs are a pretty big joke. All the awards went to the "popular" singers. Jason Aldean as artist of the year is quite the laugher.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also everyone that won a award was at the show atleast the ones they showed on TV
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather listen to Justin Bieber than Red Solo Cup one more time.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roadtrippin to motherfuckin CMA Country Fest in Nashville. Byahhhhhhhh!
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Roadtrippin to motherfuckin CMA Country Fest in Nashville. Byahhhhhhhh!
Lucky you, who all are you going to see? Let me know how it goes then.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

It's great seeing that Randy Houser is getting live on this thread! Finally I've found people who realize his greatness as ive been on a soap box around my place for a while now.

Some others I've been hooked on lately
Easton Corbin- kind of an old school George Strait sound
Jamey Johnson
Keith Anderson
Craig Campbell
Josh Thompson
Lee Brice- been a fan of his for a while, he is just starting to really hit the radio around here though.

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I listen to Brice and Houser fairly frequently still. Eric Church as well, probably my favorite country singers right now, along with ZBB and the Civil Wars (they aren't just "country" though, plenty of Folk to them). The Band Perry isn't bad either, they're all very talented.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Randy has a brand new song about to be put out to radio so hopefully it will get him back on the air. Even if it doesnt atleast he has a new CD coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue View Post
It's great seeing that Randy Houser is getting live on this thread! Finally I've found people who realize his greatness as ive been on a soap box around my place for a while now.

Some others I've been hooked on lately
Easton Corbin- kind of an old school George Strait sound
Jamey Johnson
Keith Anderson
Craig Campbell
Josh Thompson
Lee Brice- been a fan of his for a while, he is just starting to really hit the radio around here though.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Lucky you, who all are you going to see? Let me know how it goes then.
I know that at this moment they have Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Dierks Bentley, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Jake Owen, Brantley Gilbert, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Luke Bryan, Faith Hill, and that kid from American Idol. I'm gonna try and see them all barring I don't die from some sort of alcohol related illness during the trip.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

ZBB is headlining (with the Alman Brothers) the Peach Music Festival near where I live. But besides those two bands, there isn't anyone I want to see, which is a big bummer. If I wasn't already spending a decent amount of money on other **** this summer I'd probably go, if only to see ZBB.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I wouldn't call it "country", Luke Bryan's newest album has been played non-stop in my IPod. It is amazingly good IMO.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

With what they call country now, Luke Bryan is square in the middle of country, I'd say, at least. I haven't been a huge Luke Bryan fan (his voice bothers me some) but his newest album is by far his best IMO, and I will find myself listening to him more than I used to.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Over the last few years luke is taking a kenny chesney time move to his career with all the party/summer songs who is becoming less country
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I hate new country.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hate new country.
Lots of new country, I hate, a lot. I mean a lot. Almost anything from Nashville is just generic BS anyway. As I'm becoming more familiar with music and how it works, I'm finding lots of repetition, not only in the lyrics like I used to overlook, but the music itself. Which is why I've come to appreciate the differences that the few country artists who I actually like.

Oh yeah Metsox, RRB is currently recording their next album, so that'll give both of us an excuse to start listening to good new country music again.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm a huge traditionalist, so anything that has that old sound and style to it, is okay with me. I do like certain new stuff, songs here and there (usually from artists i've already associated with good music) but for the most part all these new artists are complete garbage. I can't tell you how much i despise listening to the same trash over and over again.

Perfect example; Scotty McCreery's new song Water Tower Town. Oh, you're gonna sing about your small town and what you do in your small town and about sweet tea?

I LIKED THAT SONG THE FIRST 49234987 IT WAS ALREADY MADE YOU ******* **** SUCKING NASHVILLE PIECE OF TRASH MARKETING TOOL. YOU'RE A TERRIBLE SINGER THAT OVERDOES AND OVERSINGS HIS CRAPPY COOKIE CUTTER SONGS AND I HATE YOUR STINKING ******* GUTS.

ahem.

sorry about that guys.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm a huge traditionalist, so anything that has that old sound and style to it, is okay with me. I do like certain new stuff, songs here and there (usually from artists i've already associated with good music) but for the most part all these new artists are complete garbage. I can't tell you how much i despise listening to the same trash over and over again.

Perfect example; Scotty McCreery's new song Water Tower Town. Oh, you're gonna sing about your small town and what you do in your small town and about sweet tea?

I LIKED THAT SONG THE FIRST 49234987 IT WAS ALREADY MADE YOU ******* **** SUCKING NASHVILLE PIECE OF TRASH MARKETING TOOL. YOU'RE A TERRIBLE SINGER THAT OVERDOES AND OVERSINGS HIS CRAPPY COOKIE CUTTER SONGS AND I HATE YOUR STINKING ******* GUTS.

ahem.

sorry about that guys.
Yeah guys like him are really driving me away from contemporary country, but I'm to the same point with even some of the established country singers. I used to be fans of a lot of these guys, but I can anymore.. Brad Paisley hasn't come up with a truly different song in probably 5 albums. Its either a high tempo party song or a slower sad song, with no variation to anything he's done previously. Same thing with Alan Jackson, and a bunch of the other bigger artists. I think that is part of the reason country is "branching out" to less country sounding artists. There is only so much traditional country material out there, and the most popular artists don't stray from anything outside of it, so the people asking for something different get new **** like Love and Theft.

Or you get Scotty, who is trying so goddamn hard to be Josh Turner (who I actually like) except he sings whatever piece of **** someone else wrote.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That's what upsets me the most about him. He has a good voice but he has a ******* hard on for Josh Turner that he can't create his own style, he just wants to rip his off. His songs suck, he oversings his music and he looks like the kid from mad magazine.

Brad Paisley fell off like, six years ago. Alan Jackson hadn't really done much but i really like his new song "So you don't have to love me anymore".

Of new groups, ones that have consistently put up good music and i'm a huge fan of (now, i hated them when they first came in), is Lady A. Their vocals are always top notch. Same with ZBB.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ZBB hasnt sang about their small town and sweet tea...so they're a win.
Jamey Johnson ftw.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Jamey Johnson is awesome, but haven't really heard much from him these past few years.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jamey Johnson is awesome, but haven't really heard much from him these past few years.
And Im OK with that if it means he isnt pumping out cookie cutter Nashville ****

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's what upsets me the most about him. He has a good voice but he has a ******* hard on for Josh Turner that he can't create his own style, he just wants to rip his off. His songs suck, he oversings his music and he looks like the kid from mad magazine.

Brad Paisley fell off like, six years ago. Alan Jackson hadn't really done much but i really like his new song "So you don't have to love me anymore".

Of new groups, ones that have consistently put up good music and i'm a huge fan of (now, i hated them when they first came in), is Lady A. Their vocals are always top notch. Same with ZBB.
Yeah, I was slow on the Paisley, and I do actually like So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore. But that is the exception to the rule for me. (I think its because Jackson didn't write this song, which hasn't happened... ever maybe?)

His nephew wrote the song, and if he can write stuff like that, he's got a future as a writer, and if he has any vocal talent, singer too.

I like Lady A. They're very good, just nothing I would seek out and go see, personally. They were in my area for a show last year, and I didn't feel I was missing out on much not seeing them. They don't seem liek they'd be different live anyway. ZBB on the other hand... I REALLY want to see them live.