Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-10-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I think that's why I like them so much. I don't really like mainstream country. I'm considering going to buffalo for the avett brothers concert. Only a 6 and a half hour drive for a free concert
The more I've listened to music, the more I enjoy the "search" for music. I'd much rather listen to someone new who hasn't been heard of, or an up and comers earliest recordings (where they were still working on their sound, even) or basically anything you don't hear on the radio. I enjoy mainstream stuff a whole lot, but anything outside of it, if I enjoy it, it seems I get so much more enjoyment than from well-established artists. It is why I like Eric Church, Jack Ingram (he's beginning to be more recognized), The Eli Young Band (They will be big soon, I promise you), The Randy Rogers Band, Cross Canadian Ragweed (one of my favorite groups), and others so much more than guys like George Strait (weird saying it), Dierks Bently, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, and other mainstream artists.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I think that's why I like them so much. I don't really like mainstream country. I'm considering going to buffalo for the avett brothers concert. Only a 6 and a half hour drive for a free concert
Also in the greatest city in the world! Well it's home...I may go up, Thursday at the Square is awesome and with one of my favourite bands, even better

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Also in the greatest city in the world! Well it's home...I may go up, Thursday at the Square is awesome and with one of my favourite bands, even better
Do they ever head out closer to PA? If they do, I might think about going...

Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

"just one last cigarette"

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.

/me gives MetSox17 +rep.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamey Johnson's new single and CD is on the way

http://www.roughstock.com/audio/jame...-my-way-to-you
Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my will. I want Country music at my funeral. Tell my family. Please hire the Randy Rogers band or Kevin Fowler.

Kthxbai
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

/me gives MetSox17 +rep.
Randy Rogers Band covered it, which is probably why you heard it to bigein with, no?

They have rapidly become one of my favorite groups...

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 07-23-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Jamey Johnson's new single and CD is on the way

http://www.roughstock.com/audio/jame...-my-way-to-you
Sweet, I'm a big fan of his, can't wait for his new stuff...

Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out my friend's band "The Buzzard Brothers".

http://www.myspace.com/thebuzzardbrothers

I am not a fan of modern country music at all, but these guys aren't modern country... just listen to their song "White Trash". My favorites on the website are "Cigarettes and Beer" & "SOB". Great lyrics

I know that i am biased, because it is my friend's band... but these guys are awesome, except for the fact that the singer is using a fake southern accent
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to Country Jam on Saturday in Eau Claire, WI. Jack Ingram, Neal McCoy, Sawyer Brown, and Gary Allan are all performing that day. Should be a pretty good show.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm going to Country Jam on Saturday in Eau Claire, WI. Jack Ingram, Neal McCoy, Sawyer Brown, and Gary Allan are all performing that day. Should be a pretty good show.
I'm a big fan of Jack Ingram and Gary Allan. that should be a great show. Sawyer Brown is supposed to be very good as well, I've just never gotten around to listening to them...

Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Randy Rogers Band covered it, which is probably why you heard it to bigein with, no?

They have rapidly become one of my favorite groups...
No, that's the version i was looking for. In fact, Randy Rogers' version of it is kinda crappy. I do love me some Randy Rogers though, they regularly tour around Texas, so that's awesome. I get to see them often.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, that's the version i was looking for. In fact, Randy Rogers' version of it is kinda crappy. I do love me some Randy Rogers though, they regularly tour around Texas, so that's awesome. I get to see them often.
Yeah, as soon as I saw the title on the thing I knew it from the Randy Rogers version. I knew I had heard the lyrics before, obvioulsy I just couldn't place it.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Texas Country is the iiiissshhhhhhh.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Texas Country is the iiiissshhhhhhh.
It really is... I'm from PA, and pretty much any of the Texas Country I hear, I instantly love. Some of my favorite bands and artists are form Texas. Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Eli Young Band, Jack Ingram, there is more, but those are the ones that stick out right now... And they are all different types of country, for whatever reason, all the Texas groups I like, lol.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Check out my friend's band "The Buzzard Brothers".

http://www.myspace.com/thebuzzardbrothers

I am not a fan of modern country music at all, but these guys aren't modern country... just listen to their song "White Trash". My favorites on the website are "Cigarettes and Beer" & "SOB". Great lyrics

I know that i am biased, because it is my friend's band... but these guys are awesome, except for the fact that the singer is using a fake southern accent
Defintiley like SOB, simply for the story alone, lol. But the lyrics were good and I liked the insturmentals...White Trach and Cigarettes and Beer were great too, but I like SOB the most, easily.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It really is... I'm from PA, and pretty much any of the Texas Country I hear, I instantly love. Some of my favorite bands and artists are form Texas. Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Eli Young Band, Jack Ingram, there is more, but those are the ones that stick out right now... And they are all different types of country, for whatever reason, all the Texas groups I like, lol.
Listen to Kevin Fowler. Awesome, awesome guy. I too love the RR and Eli Young bands.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Listen to Kevin Fowler. Awesome, awesome guy. I too love the RR and Eli Young bands.
Will definitely check into him...

Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Will definitely check into him...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
internet-music

Internet Radios are getting more popular as compared to other types of radios. You just need a phone/computer with an active internet connection.
Recently, I found a very interesting online radio, http://www.hkgfm.net which offers following benefits:-

a) No need to Download Software
b) 24-Hour Radio
c) Interesting sections for different types of music lovers such as
d) If you want you can install toolbar directly into the browser

- Today's Mix [Top Remixes]
- Classic Rewind [Classic Songs]
- Awesome 80s [Best Songs from the 80s]
- The 90s [Best collection of 80s songs]
Old 07-31-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Great stuff, I've hear Long line of Losers, from Montgomery Gentry, but I love that song, as well as this first one, Hard Man to Love.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I listen to one of the country stations all the time when I'm on the internet, its become a set way of doing things for me, lol.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Great stuff, I've hear Long line of Losers, from Montgomery Gentry, but I love that song, as well as this first one, Hard Man to Love.
I don't like the MG version of that song, it sounds kinda ***. Kevin Fowler wrote that song and released it himself, then MG came and ripped it off.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't like the MG version of that song, it sounds kinda ***. Kevin Fowler wrote that song and released it himself, then MG came and ripped it off.
Yeah, that's the biz though, you don't really posess your song until you are big, I do like Fowler's version more, and that is saying something, as I usually like what I hear first more. My friend, who I posted the vids of, had that happen with one of his songs. It sucks, but that's how it works.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Turner and Anthony Hamilton- No where fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linhNoMl0p4

Great ******* song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote