Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC:
Brian Westbrook - 10
Adrian Peterson - 9
Steven Jackson - 1

AFC:
LaDainian Tomlinson - 10
Joseph Addia - 4
Willie Parker - 3
Ronnie Brown - 3

So now only vote for 1 NFC and 1 AFC because Westbrook and Tomlinson are 1st team.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD and Ronnie Brown.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
How is McNabb better? Eli has won a SB and McNabb was throwing up during his SB cuz he ate too much Campbell's soup.
That isn't a good argument. Dan Marino never won a superbowl but Trent Dilfer did. It was the giants defense that won their superbowl, just like the ravens defense won the superbowl. I'm not comparing McNabb to Dan Marino by any means but that just proves that QBs alone don't win championships. And maybe the reason McNabb was throwing up was because he was forced to constantly run around to escape pressure. I seriously find it laughable the amount of people who consider Manning better than McNabb because of the Superbowl, other than those couple games he was extremely average last season, while McNabb is a 5 time pro bowler and has way better stats, with much worse receivers (minus 1 and a half seasons with TO). Eli could be better in the future but the only thing he has proven over McNabb at this point is that he won a superbowl, which is an attribute to a whole team, not 1 player.

To stay on topic
NFC: Westbrook, Peterson
AFC: Tomlinson, Fred Taylor
Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC:
Brian Westbrook - 10
Adrian Peterson - 10

Steven Jackson - 1

AFC:
LaDainian Tomlinson - 10
Joseph Addia - 4
Ronnie Brown - 4
Willie Parker - 3
Fred Taylor 1

Only vote for 1 AFC now because every other spot is taken up.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
It was the giants defense that won their superbowl, just like the ravens defense won the superbowl.
David Tyree would disagree.

The defense almost let them down as good as they played.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post

David Tyree wouldn't have had the chance to make the catch if the Giants' defense didn't turn the Patriots' OL to swiss cheese all game.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:

You've got it backwards. When a defense takes an offense that's averaging 36.8 ppg and holds them to 14, they've done their Job. When an offense that's averaging 23.3 ppg only scores 17 points, they damn near gave up the game. Don't let one flukey play distract you from who underperformed.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
As a Philly fan, yes, it does. Not because of what happened and when it happened, but because it's only been used by about 678,912,908,999 people who hate the Eagles.

I don't know how Tom Brady got 2nd best QB after a 50 TD season.
I can see how that would get old but I hate Eagles fans. I don't hate the Eagles but their fans suck. I've only met 3 Eagles fans in my life that I've been able to get along with. The rest are a bunch of angry assholes that are mad cuz their sports franchises haven't been able to win a championship in years. At least they do know what it's like to win A championship. New Orleans hasn't been able to win any professional sports championships at all.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
David Tyree wouldn't have had the chance to make the catch if the Giants' defense didn't turn the Patriots' OL to swiss cheese all game.
The D gave up the go ahead score. If they stop them the Giants don't need Tyree to make the catch. They played great, just sayin.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That isn't a good argument. Dan Marino never won a superbowl but Trent Dilfer did. It was the giants defense that won their superbowl, just like the ravens defense won the superbowl. I'm not comparing McNabb to Dan Marino by any means but that just proves that QBs alone don't win championships. And maybe the reason McNabb was throwing up was because he was forced to constantly run around to escape pressure. I seriously find it laughable the amount of people who consider Manning better than McNabb because of the Superbowl, other than those couple games he was extremely average last season, while McNabb is a 5 time pro bowler and has way better stats, with much worse receivers (minus 1 and a half seasons with TO). Eli could be better in the future but the only thing he has proven over McNabb at this point is that he won a superbowl, which is an attribute to a whole team, not 1 player.

To stay on topic
NFC: Westbrook, Peterson
AFC: Tomlinson, Fred Taylor
I know all of that. There was a time when I thought McNabb was one of the best QB's in the league but until he is able to play more than six games a season I will continue to rank Eli Manning ahead of him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The D gave up the go ahead score. If they stop them the Giants don't need Tyree to make the catch. They played great, just sayin.
The D also held the NFL's all-time most prolific offense to 14 points.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Don't argue with an Eagles fan. Logic could run up and ***** slap them in the face and they wouldn't even know it.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
"We're only going to score 17 points... Ha ha ha."

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Where am I saying they didn't play great? They did, just happened to give up the go a head score and saying the D won the game when they didn't that is sort of a false statement. The offense and Eli's cold veins won that game.
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Anyway... VOTE FOR AN AFC RUNNING BACK!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-30-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Where am I saying they didn't play great? They did, just just happened to give up the go a head score and saying the D won the game when they did that is sort of a false statement. The offense and Eli's cold veins won that game.
No, they didn't. The only reason why the Giants were even in the game was because of their defense.

Anyways, let's get people to vote for the RBs so we can move on.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I know all of that. There was a time when I thought McNabb was one of the best QB's in the league but until he is able to play more than six games a season I will continue to rank Eli Manning ahead of him.
Well, Good News Then. McNabb has averaged 12 games played per season since 2004. You now should rank him above manning by your own criteria.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Well, Good News Then. McNabb has averaged 12 games played per season since 2004. You now should rank him above manning by your own criteria.
But I won't until he proves he can be healthy.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Where am I saying they didn't play great? They did, just happened to give up the go a head score and saying the D won the game when they didn't that is sort of a false statement. The offense and Eli's cold veins won that game.
The Giants offense scored not only below their own average, but below the average given up by the Pats D. They underperformed the entire game. Manning still didn't manage to complete more than 56% of his passes, and that was against a defense that was a hair away from giving up 60% completions on the season.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
AFC:
Ronnie Brown - 4
I don't think people understand the effect that a torn ACL has on a running back the next season.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think people understand the effect that a torn ACL has on a running back the next season.
Ronnie Brown - 5

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-30-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Ronnie Brown - 5
Just proving my point for me.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Just proving my point for me.
Honestly, I think that after Tomlinson, the rest of the AFC is a crapshoot. So I picked Ronnie Brown because he was sick at the beginning of the year and had a lot of time to recover from his ACL tear.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-30-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown

I know the ACL is an issue but he had half of the reg season and all of the off-season to recover. The addition of Jake Long should help the running game. Ronnie was the leading rusher in the AFC despite being on a winless team.