Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-28-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eric Moulds released from Texans

As you may know, I am a proponent of the G-Men drafting a receiver in the draft. But Jerry Reese has created a lot of holes on our team through his mismanagement, that it might not be a viable option for us to draft a WR in the first 2 or 3 rounds where we can grab an elite player.

So I was thinking, bring in Moulds. He would be a very nice possesion receiver and it would be an insurance policy for this year in case we have an injury and would add some depth. Plus if Toomer isnt ready, Moulds is capable.

It would also let us evaluate Sinorice Moss for an extra year and evaluate him.

Its not a long term solution, but I think that it would be a nice solution for this upcoming season. Plus I imagine he would like to be reasonably close to home (assuming he lives in the Buffalo area) which would be a little incentive.

What do you guys think about signing him?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I could see it only if Toomer ends up being released. Other than that, I don't see a veteran WR coming in because Plax and Toomer with Moss in the slot will be given a chance. I can however see a day one WR to compete with Moss and provide depth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Ehh, I think Moulds is pretty much done. Since next year should be a bit of a rebuilding year I'd prefer to get Moss or a draft pick the experience so they'll be more prepared for the future.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
Ehh, I think Moulds is pretty much done. Since next year should be a bit of a rebuilding year I'd prefer to get Moss or a draft pick the experience so they'll be more prepared for the future.
ya but the fact is we cant wait imo- what if moss doesnt perform this year? i think if we signed a moulds type guy who is reliable and did have a good year with the texans it would provide security @ the position and we wouldnt have to waste a draft pick on a Wr in the 3rd for example, we could focus on defense defense defense and may be a guard or even a hb- if the price would b right for moulds i would do it

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree that we need a young guy. Do we really want to be picking up a guy that the Texans cut?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stokeley is gonna get Released by the Colts. He would be a nice pickup imo. Best #3 WR in the NFL. Just gotta stay healthy
Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks on Stokley or Moulds.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
No thanks on Stokley or Moulds.
i really disgree- a young Wr would have to develop no matter if we pick a guy in the 2nd round or on and we dont have the kind of time: eli needs to do well now- i think a great posession guy like stokley would help a lot especially if toomer cant come back or gets released and also we dont kno how moss will turn out

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-01-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Joe Horn cut from the Saints.

We gotta sign one of these guys imo. Moulds/Stokely and Horn are all nice players
Old 03-01-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

No to all of these available WRs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gotta get younger. Enough of the old FA who can pan out for a year. Its time to build the right way. Let our in house talent and drafting solidfy our team.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We gotta get younger. Enough of the old FA who can pan out for a year. Its time to build the right way. Let our in house talent and drafting solidfy our team.
yes it is important we get younger but right now young WR will only go so far for the development of Eli- we have more important needs in the draft this year imo on the defensive side of the ball and on the oline to waste a pick on a johnnie lee higgins type who would b a 4th WR- if we could sign stokley or moulds to a short term deal i believe these experienced vets would really help

sig by jkpigskin