Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sporting News: NFC QBs

Quote:
1. Dallas Cowboys

The ability to sense and avoid a rush and throw from different arm slots is what makes Tony Romo an elite playmaker. Backup Brad Johnson is solid; he makes good decisions and few mistakes.

2. New Orleans Saints

Drew Brees is intelligent and instinctive; he acts like a coach on the field. He's accurate on short and deep passes and also can throw on the run. Veteran Mark Brunell knows how to manage a game.

3. Seattle Seahawks

Like a streak shooter in basketball, Matt Hasselbeck can take over a game as he feeds off his own success. Seneca Wallace and Charlie Frye both have starting experience and will battle for the No. 2 job.

4. Philadelphia Eagles

Donovan McNabb has gone from elusive scrambler to mostly a dropback passer. He throws a great deep ball but isn't as adept across the middle. Kevin Kolb is the future starter, and A.J. Feeley can run the offense.

5. New York Giants

Eli Manning is a mentally tough leader who showed he can make plays during last year's Super Bowl run. Newcomer David Carr needs to regain his confidence, and rookie Andre' Woodson is a project.

6. Arizona Cardinals

Matt Leinart is healthy and gets the early call, but he'll be pressed by veteran Kurt Warner, who has the savvy -- and the arm -- to make the offense click. He can step in if Leinart experiences too many growing pains.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jeff Garcia, 38, still moves well and makes plays on the run. He's accurate and can pick opponents apart if given time. Brian Griese can win games in a pinch, and Luke McCown has the athleticism to make plays.

8. St. Louis Rams

At his best, Marc Bulger is an extremely accurate thrower -- one of the game's best pocket passers. But he forced far too many throws in '07. Trent Green will provide quality relief if he avoids concussion problems.

9. Carolina Panthers

Elbow surgery might limit Jake Delhomme in training camp, but his arm looks strong and he's a proven leader. He needs to stay healthy because the backups, Matt Moore and Brett Basanez, are experienced.

10. Washington Redskins

Jason Campbell has the arm to get the ball downfield but needs to improve his accuracy. Todd Collins showed last year he can be a solid backup , and rookie Colt Brennan will get a shot at the No. 3 role.

11 Detroit Lions

Jon Kitna is a tough leader but tries to do too much at times and needs to reduce his picks. He may be a better fit in the team's new run-first offense. Drew Stanton and Dan Orlovsky will battle for the backup role.

12 Green Bay Packers

After three years as Brett Favre's backup, Aaron Rodgers knows the offense well. His arm strength has improved and he runs well, but will he be durable enough? It looks like the backup job will go to Brian Brohm or Matt Flynn -- that is, unless No. 4 decides to unretire.

13. San Francisco 49ers

Alex Smith, who is fully recovered from shoulder surgery, has a better arm and physical ability than challengers Shaun Hill and J.T. O'Sullivan. Hill is a leader; O'Sullivan understands the new offense.

14. Minnesota Vikings

Tarvaris Jackson has a strong arm and good mobility but has been plagued by injuries and poor decisions. He will benefit from the addition of WR Bernard Berrian. Newcomer Gus Frerotte offers security as a backup.

15. Chicago Bears

Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton will battle for the starting job. Grossman has been erratic and mistake-prone. Orton isn't a big-time talent, but a good spring might give him a slight edge.

16. Atlanta Falcons

Journeyman Chris Redman could get the early call under new coach Mike Smith. But first-rounder Matt Ryan already knows the offense and needs only to adjust to the speed of the NFL to earn playing time.
since we have the AFC....why not.

BEARS ARENT LAST!! WOO!!

though i feel that about the last 4 there (49ers, vikes, bears, falcons) could be scrambled around a bit.

and i think the rams could stand to be higher. I think I'd rather have Bulger and Green over at least the bucs.....maybe the cards too just because they're unsettled. I'd know what I'd be getting with Bulger and not so much with Leinart/Warner anymore

Something else I realized, I think only the top 3 in the NFC could infiltrate the top 8 in the AFC. No joke, compare the lists and you'll see it too. talk about an unbalaned position in the league...

Last edited by BeerBaron : 07-05-2008 at 12:35 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart's a little high. Other than that, not too bad of a list.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
12 Green Bay Packers

After three years as Brett Favre's backup, Aaron Rodgers knows the offense well. His arm strength has improved and he runs well, but will he be durable enough? It looks like the backup job will go to Brian Brohm or Matt Flynn -- that is, unless No. 4 decides to unretire.

13. San Francisco 49ers

Alex Smith, who is fully recovered from shoulder surgery, has a better arm and physical ability than challengers Shaun Hill and J.T. O'Sullivan. Hill is a leader; O'Sullivan understands the new offense.
Am i the only one that finds this intresting that on draft day Rodgers fell after being touted as the best qb in the draft for so long only to see Smith go #1 overall. Now really the thing that gets me is that Rodgers has never started a game and some how beats Smith on this list.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Am i the only one that finds this intresting that on draft day Rodgers fell after being touted as the best qb in the draft for so long only to see Smith go #1 overall. Now really the thing that gets me is that Rodgers has never started a game and some how beats Smith on this list.
well....smith has been pretty awful for all but 1 year, and even in that year (with norv) he was largely average i think.

i wasn't complaining even though that grossman has been to a superbowl and orton has a 66% career winning percentage, lol. just saying.........
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr brings the Giants down some, despite Eli being the second-best QB in the league.

If Favre comes back, Green Bay is stacked: Favre, Rodgers, and Brohm. That's better than the early 90s when Ron Wolf was finding QBs for the league.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Carr brings the Giants down some, despite Eli being the second-best QB in the league.

If Favre comes back, Green Bay is stacked: Favre, Rodgers, and Brohm. That's better than the early 90s when Ron Wolf was finding QBs for the league.
well, the way i see it is carr really worse than the hefty lefty as a backup? i don't really think so......

and eli 2nd best...in the league? you have some 'splaining to do there sir
Old 07-05-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go NFC North!!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ Cards at #6, QB is definitely our biggest question mark, will Leinart finally step up, can Warner stop turning the ball over 5 times a game, we should be much lower, but I guess the talent is there

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
As I said in the Favre thread, unproven is better than proven to be bad.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
well, the way i see it is carr really worse than the hefty lefty as a backup? i don't really think so......

and eli 2nd best...in the league? you have some 'splaining to do there sir
Yes Carr is worse than Lorenzen, Carr is worse than all QB's. And Geo meant in the NFC, not the entire league.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
nope, he meant the NFL.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
NeoJenova

Tavaris is better than Alex Smith. 49'ers should be in the bottom 3.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
nope, he meant the NFL.
i think NFC... but if manning plays like he did in the offseason he is the top3 in the league imo.

BTW neo, i could play like tavaris with that offense

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
NeoJenova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
i think NFC... but if manning plays like he did in the offseason he is the top3 in the league imo.

BTW neo, i could play like tavaris with that offense
Even if Manning plays like he did in the playoffs I don't see him being better than Peyton/Brady/Palmer/Brees/Romo
Old 07-05-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no scenario I take Romo over Brees in. And I'm not a Romo basher.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Umm, you're joking, right? Eli Manning isn't the second best quarterback in his division, much less the conference, and even less, the league.

Please, explain your reasoning behind that post because i'm having a hard time understanding how in the hell Eli Manning is that good in your eyes. And i'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he's related to your favorite player..
Old 07-05-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Umm, you're joking, right? Eli Manning isn't the second best quarterback in his division, much less the conference, and even less, the league.

Please, explain your reasoning behind that post because i'm having a hard time understanding how in the hell Eli Manning is that good in your eyes. And i'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he's related to your favorite player..
Super Bowl XLII DUUUUUUUUH
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJenova View Post
Tavaris is better than Alex Smith. 49'ers should be in the bottom 3.
I disagree. I've seen Jackson play and his accuracy leaves a lot left to be desired. Alex Smith's pocket presence is the only huge issue I've seen wrong with him. His decision making isn't great, but it's not that bad. Jackson's is terrible in my opinion.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I disagree. I've seen Jackson play and his accuracy leaves a lot left to be desired. Alex Smith's pocket presence is the only huge issue I've seen wrong with him. His decision making isn't great, but it's not that bad. Jackson's is terrible in my opinion.
Don't take this wrong but I don't think you would be saying that if you weren't a niner fan. Just sayin'.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

wrong manning, the name you are thinking about is peyton
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post

...really?

he has like a career 58 passer rating, and has thrown 12 more INTs then TDs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Vikings, but Id take Tavaris Jackson over Alex Smith for sure. I actually like Jackson's potential. From what Ive seen from him he could be pretty good in the near future. Smith, IMO is about a handful of starts away from being one of the alltime biggest busts. Ive seen nothing from him that suggests he'll be anything more than a mediocre backup.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
...really?

he has like a career 58 passer rating, and has thrown 12 more INTs then TDs
Well alot of that has to do with that rookie season where he had 1TD to 12 picks or so

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was starting a franchise I wouldn't want a damn thing to do with either of them.

IMO Troy Smith in baltimore is a better prospect.

Good to see Moore and Delhomme getting some love.

Charlie Frye could be an interesting little prospect there in Seattle. He wasn't awful with the browns and was clearly struggling majorly due to the lack of offensive firepower. If I remember correctly he was starting before they rebuilt the offensive line and when the soldier was down with an injury. Other than that he was still serviceable. Backing up Hasselbeck can only be of benefit. I'm not saying I'd want him starting but if my QB went down for the season (on a wco team) and I wasn't enamored with the backup I'd try a trade for the guy.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the homer in me wants drew brees first .... but when its all said and done , i would put donovan mcnabb and drew brees at 1.a and 1.b ... followed by hasselbeck ....

before you bash me boys fans , i have nothing against romo , but i want to see more than just 1,5 seasons from him .... and i want to see him handle a situation without that much talent around him....

McNabb/Brees (just for potential ) than hasselback and romo after him