Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals Big Board

As you believe it actually looks like...

Round One
1. Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida St.
2. Reggie Nelson S Florida
3. Patrick Willis MLB Ole Miss
4. Chris Houston CB Arkansas
5. Darrelle Revis CB Pitt
6. Jon Beason OLB Miami (FL)
7. Michael Griffin S Texas

Round Two
1. Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma
2. Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St.
3. Eric Weddle S Utah
4. Justin Durant LB Hampton
5. Justin Harrell DT Tennessee
6. Josh Wilson CB Maryland
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think griffin should be higher in the first.
and marvin is supposedly really high on Durant
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin and Durant could be a smokescreen, I don't know why they'd let that out this early. Are you saying big board as to who could be available at 18 or just overall guys?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like possibility of those available. Nelson didnt run as well as many thought he would
Old 02-28-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats what I thought, I just always thought of the big board as a team's personal overall rankings...in that case I think Houston would be a bit higher up on that board. I'd go:

1. Houston
2. Willis
3. Timmons
4. Nelson
5. Revis
6. Beason
7. Griffin
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm jus tshowing one of who I think will be there.

The reason I don't have Willis that high is I don't think we'll go MLB. Ahmad/Odell/Nicholson are all very high upside guys that could play MLB. We need more out of WLB.

It was the Dayton Daily News that reported the Durant thing and I think that's the rumor their guys got wind of so who knows.

I probably shouldn't have Nelson as high though, I think we're going LB/CB day one and I'm about 80% sure of it...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

carriker may be another guy we could pursue round one at 18 even though he doesnt fill the biggest need. i do like the list for the most part but as you know i am high on Micheal Griffin so i think he should be higher.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I would but as of right now I think the chances are small that we even take a saftey in the first day.

I'm really almost positive it will be LB/CB.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I really doubt Carriker is there at 18. Nelson might be on there more because of value than anything else. But almost any defensive player that slips would have to be considered if they're there for the Bengals to take. With Willis I think he's far and away the best LB in the draft, but I only have him that high for the Bengals assuming we give up on Odell completely. Nicholson and Brooks could probably both play outside (I know Brooks can) so if we assume Odell is gone then best LB available would be the choice, and in my personal opinion Willis is the top LB in the draft.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Poz is risiing and is a quality player and character guy too. I'm thinking he could be a possibility. I saw a site that compared him to Brian Uhlacher.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he doesnt have that kind of speed though.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah... Marvin loves his LB's to have speed, I'm not thinking Poz would be his kind of guy.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

don't get me wrong i would personally love Poz because he's a pretty sure thing IMO but like the majority of people know marvin digs speed.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Could you imagine Timmons/Odell/Ahmad? That would be insane.

Right now I'm not so sure we'll go CB in the 1st. I think it might be Timmons, if he's gone then a trade back to get either Beason or Griffin and collect a 3rd rounder to pick up a saftey (CB in the 2nd).
Old 03-05-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Could you imagine Timmons/Odell/Ahmad? That would be insane.

Right now I'm not so sure we'll go CB in the 1st. I think it might be Timmons, if he's gone then a trade back to get either Beason or Griffin and collect a 3rd rounder to pick up a saftey (CB in the 2nd).
i like that scenario
win win for us
Old 03-05-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hmmm this is interesting... Not sure if I buy into it though.

Quote:
DRAFT BUZZ: Defensive tackle, linebacker and defensive back are the top priorities because the 30th-ranked defense needs more impact players. The club is hoping Louisville DT Amobi Okoye slips to No. 18. He'd be a perfect fit because he's a strong, quick, relentless defender who would push the pocket, create more sack opportunities for the ends and strengthen the run defense. If he's not there, the team would welcome Penn State LB Paul Posluszny, Florida FS Reggie Nelson or a cornerback such as Michigan's Leon Hall, Texas' Aaron Ross or Pitt's Darrelle Revis. Posluszny has the ability to play inside and outside. That's the kind of versatility the team loves. Nelson is an aggressive playmaker and enforcer in coverage who would bolster the soft secondary. A swift cover corner is needed to push mercurial veteran Deltha O'Neal, whose inconsistency is a major concern.
Ross/Hall just don't seem like good fits. Revis/Nelson/Poz/Okoye do. I didn't think Marvin would want a guy like Poz but he's no slouch. I'm not so sure I buy into the article because of the mention of Hall and Ross, I just don't see it.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-05-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Definitely an interesting article. I think depending on the pro day 18 may be a bit high for Revis, though he would be the best fit out of the corners. Ross seems a bit out of place and early as well, and I don't know if the front office would like the fact that he's a bit old for a prospect. Not sure about Hall, but he shouldn't be there anyway so it really doesn't matter. Nelson makes sense from a playing standpoint but I hear he isn't the smartest guy in the world and I wonder if we'll be a bit gun shy and look to grab a safter pick from a character standpoint. At linebacker Poz would be an ok pick IMO but not a great one, probably a bit early. If Timmons isn't there and then theres a trade down to pick up a third or maybe another second and then Beason gets taken between 18 and wherever they trade to...then I could see it. But not at 18. Maybe they would do it to make sure they grab him as he seems like he's a real football player and a pretty good guy, but it seems like the Bengals like measurables over the "just a good football player" guys who don't test out so well, at least early, although I could be completely off there. Okoye I could definitely see being considered if he falls but I think he and Branch are the only DT's who will get consideration at 18. Just my two cents.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think personally, I am rooting for Poz. I don't care if he's a bit slower, I think he makes up for it in instincts, heart and leadership. We got our quick LBers in Caleb and Landon, now let's get one that can actually make some plays at the lione of scrimmage. I think he could step in at day 1 and be one of the top players on our defense. If he isn't the choice, I do like Okoye, Willis, Revis, Hall or Griffin(trade down). I'm not sure about Nelson for "smarts" reasons.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm not really rooting for Poz although I wouldn't be angry if he was the pick.

I'm mostly rooting for Timmons or Nelson. Nelsons smarts issue has a lot to do with his GPA but just because your GPA sucks doesn't mean you're dumb... In some cases it just means you don't care about school work haha.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trade down?

Personally, I hope we can trade down in the first and pick up and additional second or get back a 3rd rounder. I would rather have 3 new defensive players coming in from Day 1 - to go along with the likely forgetable Frostee, the escaped jail AJ , the full camp awits Ahmad and maybe Odell.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm not really rooting for Poz although I wouldn't be angry if he was the pick.

I'm mostly rooting for Timmons or Nelson. Nelsons smarts issue has a lot to do with his GPA but just because your GPA sucks doesn't mean you're dumb... In some cases it just means you don't care about school work haha.
At the same time when you're a college athlete at the level Nelson was you have so much going for you when it comes to academics its tough to do poorly. After his blazing forty he may be out of the Bengals' range, but if he slips to them it will be tough not to take him. Imagine that safety pairing for years to come...
Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

My Big Board:

Chris Houston
- I think he is the best CB prospect. He has the speed to keep up with anybody, he is a very physical CB in coverage, and he has a ton of upside. He needs to work on his run support, but he has time to learn. He reminds me a lot of Joseph.

Lawrence Timmons- He is what we need in a linebacker. He has decent speed and he is tailor made for the weak side. Landon Johnson is solid, but I do not think he is by any means a long-term solution. Timmons-Thurman-Brooks would be a very good combination. (for the record, I think the release of Brian Simmons pretty much assures that Odell is coming back)

Patrick Willis- Even though I think Odell is coming back, Willis could probably make the move to the weak side. He has decent speed and coverage skills. He also has very good size.

Adam Carriker- I think Carriker would make a fantastic 3 technique DT. He has great height and would really provide a much needed interior pass rush. I prefer tall, long, 300-310 lb. DTs who can rush the passer and use their leverage to make a statement in the running game.

Darrell Revis- I am not sold on Leon Hall at all, and I think Revis is the second best CB in the draft. We do not really know his speed, but I think it will be solid. My only reservation with him is that he did not see a whole lot of action last season. From what I understand, he was only thrown at ~15 times.

I will be pretty upset if the Bengals draft a S in the first round. We have two solid starters and Kaes, if he resigns, is good depth. And if Kaes does not come back, I think they will go after Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin as a replacement. Plus, Ratliff can play safety in a pinch. LB and CB are much bigger needs, along with a DT that can rush the passer from the inside without sacrificing anything in the run game. I think Fanene could make a very good UT, but I am not sure if he will get the chance. DE is another position that is really not needed. Even without Justin Smith, I think Rucker will have a very good season, and Robinson, Fanene, and even Henderson provide solid depth. I just do not see a pass rusher that will be available at 18 that will be an upgrade over what we have.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The thing about safteys is that's where you can have real game changers, a bulk of the non-cover 2 teams with great defenses have elite safteys.

I think if Keiwan could play saftey in the coaching staffs eyes that Ohalete wouldn't have been allowed out there in '05.

I agree about Fanene and I think Smith will not be signed long term to see what Frostee can do... Marvin was obviously high on him.

I think that Timmons would be the dream pick at this point, with Odell back we'd have an insane young LB core loaded with talent/playmakers... All three could get to the QB if needed.

As much as I think we need a CB I'm hoping that holds off until the second, Deltha can play next year if needed and CB just isn't the game changing spot LB or S can be. Plus, anyone instead of Tory James is a massive upgrade.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default well

im hoping for Revis,because i think CB was our greatest need last year. James and Oneal were horrid. Id take Hall too, but im not sold on Chris houston

Puz would be fine with me, i think he gets taken by the steelers though.

we could get our linebacker in the 2nd, anyways. Siler and Alexander are both probably left there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you guys think Buster Davis could be a good fit in the 2nd? We are talking about a pure football player with top notch intangibles and the speed Marvin loves. He could move to WLB for the Bengals and they could have their lineup looking like

SLB - Brooks
MLB - Thurman
WLB - Davis

And of course if Thurman keeps having problems and gets suspended or anything Davis could start at MLB.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote