Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 07-05-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Rodgers vs. Brohm

Is there a QB controversy in Green Bay? Hardly.
By: Angelo Carriero
“With the 56th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select… QB, from Louisville, Brian Brohm.” To the casual football fan, this was the guy to succeed Brett Favre. To a guy that follows football, he knows that this senses trouble for Aaron Rodgers. I disagree.
Aaron Rodgers was the 24 overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, a guy who was supposed to be the #1 or #3 overall pick. He has been in Green Bay’s system for three years now and is ready to take over the role as the starting QB, a job that has been taken for the last 15 years by a man named Brett Favre.
Out of college, he was the top QB in the draft. His mechanics were flawless, his intangibles top notch, pin point accuracy. He is in a West Coast Offense that looks for those three attributes. Rodgers had his best game of his career against a team that produced 11 Pro Bowlers. He showed accuracy, arm strength, poise, and mobility. Not to mention throwing under pressure, which is what he is going to be under all season long. Not necessarily by opposing defenses, but by the expectation of filling Brett Favre’s shoes. Not to mention the new found competition from Brian Brohm. Brian Brohm is a lot like Rodgers in the sense of accuracy, mechanics, and intangibles. He was also regarded as the 2nd best QB in the draft. But the thing is he’s still a rookie.
Aaron Rodgers has had three years to practice, break down film, adapt to the game, play in the preseason, and play in real game situations. Brohm hasn’t. Rodgers has earned the respect of his teammates. Brohm hasn’t, yet. And most of all, Aaron Rodgers is NFL ready. Brohm could very well be a fine QB in the NFL and I hope he is, but the probability to starting him right away is ludicrous. Unless Rodgers tanks the first eight to twelve games, I can’t see it happening.
My opinion is that you play Aaron Rodgers for a season, maybe even two, no matter how poorly he does or how well he does and re-evaluate the position. If the team feels as if Rodgers is a QB that will lead them to a championship, you can trade Brian Brohm like the Falcons did with Matt Schaub (Not like that worked out). Let’s say Aaron Rodgers busts. You let Brian Brohm, now seasoned, take over the starting role and go on from there. Either way, the organization doesn’t fall too far behind others if Rodgers fails. If he doesn’t, you are in the best position possible in that you have two franchise QB’s and can get great value for either if you feel like trading either one. Worst case scenario is they both fail, but we’ll reach that path when it comes. Until then, we’ll just have to see.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers has had three years to practice, break down film, adapt to the game, play in the preseason, and play in real game situations. Brohm hasn’t.
Welll that sums up my thoughts

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:45 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't play Brohm this year without injury. He's a rookie and he'll play like garbage. The move will also all but close the door on Rodgers.

Truth is I think Rodgers will be average at worst this year, since he'd have to really screw it up to fail in our offense.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say that I feel Rodgers will make a fine NFL QB and that he'll make any team that thinks otherwise sorry for doing so. It's unfortunate for Brohm, who is a good prospect that he's gonna be stuck behind Rodgers who I think will be a Pro Bowl-type QB in this league, on the bright side I think his value in 2-3 years will be sky-high and the Pack should be able to get back what they spent on him (a second-round pick) and then some (think Matt Schaub or better).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I can't wait for the Rodgers era to start off in week 1. I've been waiting since 2005.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only QB controversy will involve this mess going around with Favre. It is no question Rodgers over Brohm.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Rodgers is handling this situation well. It's hard to see how he won't either demand a trade or not resign with GB if Favre starts (god I wish he'd just stay in Missouri) and we might have Brohm as the qb of the future (that is if Favre retires before Brohm's contract is up of course)
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
Rodgers is handling this situation well. It's hard to see how he won't either demand a trade or not resign with GB if Favre starts (god I wish he'd just stay in Missouri) and we might have Brohm as the qb of the future (that is if Favre retires before Brohm's contract is up of course)
Missouri? ummm dont know why he'd just stay there, maybe in Mississippi though!

But to be honest Brett Favre will most likely take the first snap in week 1. Its as simple as TT's job is on the line... if he does take Favre back and Rodgers doesnt perform and Packers are not in contention, he is gone, IMO,it doesnt take a genious to believe Favre gives your team the best chance to win, plain and simple, thats what you do as a GM and coach you put the one out there that gives you the best chance to win, if he fails to do that and we don't play to the high level we should, its hard to believe he still has a job.

I'd love Aaron to get his chance, but its hard to believe we will this season, I agree that Brohm also should not see the field this season unless he absolutely must. He's smart and should have the offense down quick and be able to step in, incase both Favre and Rodgers goes down.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post

But to be honest Brett Favre will most likely take the first snap in week 1. Its as simple as TT's job is on the line... if he does take Favre back and Rodgers doesnt perform and Packers are not in contention, he is gone, IMO,it doesnt take a genious to believe Favre gives your team the best chance to win, plain and simple, thats what you do as a GM and coach you put the one out there that gives you the best chance to win, if he fails to do that and we don't play to the high level we should, its hard to believe he still has a job.

I'd love Aaron to get his chance, but its hard to believe we will this season, I agree that Brohm also should not see the field this season unless he absolutely must. He's smart and should have the offense down quick and be able to step in, incase both Favre and Rodgers goes down.
No it's not. That's absolutely ridiculous to think so. Maybe if we let the general public vote he would be, but unlike those casual fans Mark Murphy is not a moron. Ted Thompson has done a great job building this team, and eventhough he's only been a GM for a short time he's already one of the best in the business.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post

Have you listened to TT at all the past few weeks? The man is not budging, and rightfully so. And how is his job on the line? It'd be pretty stupid to fire the man who has brought this team from 4-12 to 13-3 in three seasons just because the indecisive QB of the past wants to play again now, even if he is better than Rodgers (and that's not even certain, he could have his age catch up to him this year, he'll be 39 soon). Sorry, no chance that Brett returns to the Packers in my opinion, and I'm starting to think its a slight chance that he even comes back at all. He's not going to be released and among the few teams that can afford him, only one or two would make sense.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry automatic login

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 08-05-2008 at 03:32 AM. Reason: signed in on wrong account
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:33 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Flynn has a chance to make the roster?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Do you think Flynn has a chance to make the roster?
Not if Favre's here.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Sorry automatic login
Hahahaha let me explain. RCA is my little brother, and since I'm a bit more of a regular to the site, I've activated the automatic log-in. I do not have two accounts.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Not if Favre's here.
Change in plans. I'm happy for Flynn and I really hope he makes the cut now.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Change in plans. I'm happy for Flynn and I really hope he makes the cut now.
It's just a matter of if we go with 3 QBs or just two like the past couple years. I think we keep 3 which gives Flynn a spot. There's something that I really like about Flynn. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but I see him as a long time solid back up.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think this is rodgers team to have but i think potentially Brohm will be better. I just think Brohm is more talented then Rodgers.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all things being equal, i like Brohm better.
but, things obviously aren't equal. Rodgers is coming into a perfect situation for a 1st round QB. good offense. had time to learn the system and had continuity with the coaching staff.
that said, i don't think he should be afforded the same patience other pseudo-rookie QBs are given. If he has a bad year, then I've seen all i need to see.
bad year from Rodgers puts me firmly on the the 'Brian Brohm for starter in 09' bandwagon.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

im going to start that bandwagon now, Brohm 09!!!!!!11
Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
im going to start that bandwagon now, Brohm 09!!!!!!11
Lets give Rodgers a chance before we even start thinking about Brohm as a starter. If Rodgers can't handle the job in the next two years (if he stays healthy) then we can start thinking about Brohm but this is all Rodgers job now. We just need to give the poor guy a chance, he's getting attacked from all angles.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

its kinda hard for me, cause i went to college with the guy and have gotten drunk with him, when i used to be a bartender, i am a big brohm fan
Old 08-08-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
its kinda hard for me, cause i went to college with the guy and have gotten drunk with him, when i used to be a bartender, i am a big brohm fan
Yeah, well just give Rodgers a chance, he at least deserves that. He was in contention to be the top overall pick at one point, he isn't some random scrub. Either way, in a few years Brohm will have his chance whether it comes as replacing a injured/struggling Rodgers or simply being traded to a team to be a starter like Matt Schaub. They will both get their shot.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I don't want Brohm to ever set foot on the field at Lambeau.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

why is that?? the guy is going to be really good, i think he will be better than Rodgers.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
why is that?? the guy is going to be really good, i think he will be better than Rodgers.
If Brohm is playing it means that Rodgers is failing. Don't want that to happen. Especially not this year. It's going to be hell if Rodgers struggles and we have to hear all year from the media how stupid it was to trade Brett Favre to give Rodgers a chance.

I also like Rodgers a lot more than Brohm and think he's a better player.