Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
You give a motivated Randy Moss, maybe the most talented receiver ever, to any quarterback and see if their stats don't improve. Moss made Culpepper into a Pro Bowl quarterback for crying out loud.

Compare Brady's '07 season to any of his other seasons and then get back to me.
Only if I get to switch Brady's mediocre targets with an in-his-prime Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James etc...

Oh wait, was your little game only supposed to work one way to favor Peyton? Whoops my bad.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli put it all together this past postseason, he was top-notch. The man was converting third downs in the air, and delivering perfectly-placed balls after another.
Great. Brady's been ******** out perfectly-placed balls since he became a starter.

You're being flat-out ridiculous, and to be honest, this isn't worth arguing because you're just a ******* ridiculous Colts homer.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

that was a bad choice.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares?

QBs are overrated.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Archie Manning > Joe Namath, for reals yo.

(I'm kidding, I've seen neither play.)
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

22/32? Not bad. Closerthan I thought. I vote Manning 22/33.

Waht gives coaches more say/ who cares.

old topic
nothing new with the dick riderr of brady. he is more dick rode than hated
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's as close as can be, but even after last season I still say Peyton Manning by a hair.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Brady he gets the job done no matter who his WR's are 4 SB 3 wins I will take that.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is such a thing as defense.

Brady could thank Ty Law for some of those playoffs wins.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
that was a bad choice.
Milk was a bad choice.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post

That sort of logic is applicable to every team on some level. Stop it please.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'll take the QB who doesnt have to cheat to win SBs.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

Give Peyton Manning the defense Brady had the first 2 SBs he won this would have been a whole different story.

Brady may not had the firepower but his defense kept him in those games that came down to the end.

Now he has what Manning used to have..........Same outcome

Old 07-07-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I'll take the QB who doesnt have to cheat to win SBs.
You mean the cheating that every team essentially did to some extent?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post

Yeah, Peyton had no help from his defense during the playoffs when they won the Super Bowl thats for sure!!!1
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brady needs his repertoire of behind-and-up-to-LOS passes/screens for his vagina to get the job done = FAIL.

Give me either Manning brother who can get the job done through the air and accurately throw the ball on the move.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Eli Manning
3. Tom Brady

I told you people before SB XLII, pls blv.
Seeing Eli ahead of Tom Brady on any list gave me a good chuckle, thanks :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Don't try to minimize spygate by saying that every other team did it to the same extent. How did every other team essentially cheat?
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Don't try to minimize spygate by saying that every other team did it to the same extent. How did every other team essentially cheat?
I am not minimizing anything douchenozzle. I am saying that the Patriots were the organization that was singled out for their actions. I don't have to explain how the other teams cheated. If you are so sheltered to think that every team doesn't cheat at least a little bit in professional sports then you are truly pathetic.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Give it a ******* rest. Every team, at one point or another, has videotaped another team. If you truly don't believe that, you are more delusional than Notre Dame fans.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Im sorry I was unaware that has ever been reported.Please provide me with some credible information other than speculation.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Im sorry I was unaware that has ever been reported.Please provide me with some credible information other than speculation.
See both posts above yours.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldve been interested to see the results of this after Super Bowl XLI....

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I wouldve been interested to see the results of this after Super Bowl XLI....
The one where Manning had a pedestrian game and was only handed the MVP as a lifetime achievement award? The one where two RBs for the Colts each had over 150 total yards each and were snubbed of the MVP? Yeah, me too.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I’m not going to claim to be an expert, and this is all just how I personally see it, so bear with me and if you have an opinion, make a constructive comment. Thanks.

I agree with Geo. If I had to pick a quarterback to lead my team, Id take Peyton Manning over Tom Brady. Now I certainly won’t be as audacious as to claim that Eli is superior to Brady, I still think that Eli needs to prove that he can play at a consistently high level before Im ready to annoint him an elite quarterback. But when breaking down quarterbacks, it is very hard to compare them because there are an absolute crapload of variables. Oline, Offensive system, Recieving core, running game, defense, coaching, the more is sit here the more i can pull out. You can group them into categories easy enough with an eyeball test in my opinion (Elite, great, good, average, backup/fill in, Akili Smith.) A head to head comparison is far more difficult in my opinion, but if you throw out the variables and just look at what the quarterback controls, you can make a decent enough evaluation.

Accuracy: I think these two quarterbacks are both good in there ability to put the ball where it belongs, but I think that Peyton is just on another planet compared to any quarterback in the game. His ability to fit the ball into some of the windows he throws into is simply amazing and most quarterbacks wouldn’t dream of attempting some of the throws he tries. I personally give this one to Manning, although Brady is very accurate in his own right too, I just feel he throws into bigger windows and am therefore less impressed. MANNING

Read Defense: Wow. This is a very tough call to me. There are so many things going on during a play, it’s really tough to tell who’s actually making calls at the line and who is trying to BS the D. Seeing as how none of us is on the field during the play, I think it’s too hard to call so I’m gunna have to say it’s a push. PUSH

Arm Strength: Most would say Manning has a stronger arm, and while I agree with this, I’d say Brady has made strides in that aspect in the last year or two. Brady proved that he can really gun it when he needs to and can fire the ball down field. It’s tough to tell how strong Manning’s arm really is because even his deep throws tend not to be as far as Brady’s. Brady threw a number of jump balls to Moss that were just absolute bombs fifty plus yards down the field. I’ve never personally see Manning throw a ball like that but I have seen him throw one on a rope and he can definitely do that very well, and in my opinion better than Brady but a little bit. Manning’s deep touch passes tend to be into tighter windows only thirty yards or so down field from what I’ve seen because of the offense he runs. On on-a-rope throws, which I have seen both make, I give it to Manning be a little bit, but I admit the gap has closed recently and that it is certainly arguable either way. I’m just picking Manning from what I’ve seen. MANNING by a bit

Composure: I think that this one isn’t too close. This to me is definitely Brady. It’s tough to judge because of scheme (Brady makes a lot of quick short throws, and with this season fresh in mind with him playing behind a very good O-line, it tends to effect my view), but I feel that Brady is a clear winner here and I don’t think even the staunchest of Colts fans will give too much of an argument here. BRADY

Leadership: None of us can tell who is a better leader because none of us plays with him, so this is a moot point to bring up at all really. PUSH

Consistency: This is a tough one because both are great every game, every year. Manning has been dominant for years on end and Brady has been great since given his chance. In the end though, I give a very slight edge to Brady because until this past year, he was almost always good, never amazing or other worldly to me. Manning would have the occasional game that made your jaw drop and mostly good games, but would occasionally have that game where he didn’t look like himself, like he was trying to do too much. Now I know that it seems like I’m punishing Peyton for being too good but you just never if he was going to try to do too much and screw the pooch. He has improved in just taking what the defense gives him, but I consider Brady a master of that, so in the end I give Brady a slight edge. BRADY by a little

Release: This to me is without a doubt Manning. He has a lightning quick release and the ball is always out of his hand in a flash. Brady has a bit more of a windup and so I don’t think it’s really close on this one. MANNING

Decision Making: Both are great here, as evidenced by very few INT’s each season and by simply watching games. It’s tough to make a call here because a receiver could run the wrong route or not give 100% on a play and that could make a big impact on our perspective as viewers. I’m going to say it’s a push because you could easily make a case either way and it’s just too tough to tell in the end if you ask me. PUSH

In the end, I think its Manning by just a little bit, and can certainly be argued either way. Let me know if you think there is a category that I missed and I’ll be more than happy to give it a look. Thanks for reading this novel.

Last edited by hockey619 : 07-07-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Spacing error
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I thought this is how everyone feels
I feel Manning is better.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote