Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But 32 coaches and Jesus agree that Jon Kitna is better than both.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
The one where Manning had a pedestrian game and was only handed the MVP as a lifetime achievement award? The one where two RBs for the Colts each had over 150 total yards each and were snubbed of the MVP? Yeah, me too.
Yes I watched the game too.
I meant I wouldve liked to have seen the results of this poll right after Manning shed his cant win the big game label and everyone was sucking his jock.
Plus it would really show how high Bradys stock jumped after last year. How much of his new found love is a product of last year?!

Last edited by Mr.Regular : 07-07-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there still convo going on about this?

It is Manning easily.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
lucky three times!

You're a genius.
hey, lets jump to conclusions here.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
hey, lets jump to conclusions here.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
and this is why you are one of my new favorite posters. Office Space FTW!!!

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady. No doubt.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Peyton Manning. I've been of the opinion for years that he's the best quarterback in football. Because of that, I'm iffy about changing my mind just because Tom Brady got the most dominant wide receiver of the last decade. Brady is a sensational quarterback, but if I had to pick between them I'd go with Manning.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, but I'd probably take Randy Moss over Marvin Harrison. I'd feel really bad about it though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
See both posts above yours.
Thats just as credible as me saying Tom Brady has been injecting steroids for the past ten years.It has nothing solid to support but it can still be accepted as truth in some eyes.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Only if I get to switch Brady's mediocre targets with an in-his-prime Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James etc...

Oh wait, was your little game only supposed to work one way to favor Peyton? Whoops my bad.
Bingo. Give Peyton Manning Deion Branch, David Patten, and Troy Brown as his top targets, and I'd be willing to bet that his numbers would be very Bradyish (around 3200 yards, 24ish touchdowns, and 13 interceptions).

You can't really make an argument for one without contradicting yourself on the other one. In years past, it was about how Manning had elite production (with an elite supporting cast) but was a choke artist, whereas Brady had very good production (with an average offensive supporting cast) but won the big games.

Then Manning won the big game in a postseason where he played like **** and was carried by his running game and defense. However, it bears mentioning that Brady threw the game sealing interception against the Colts in the AFC Championship, choking that game away.

Then we had this year. Brady got weapons and put up elite offensive production. And the Patriots went to the Superbowl and lost.

So what can we conclude from all of this? That arguing between these two is ******* pointless and whichever one you think is better is really nothing more than a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-07-2008 at 08:31 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People want to say that his trio Harrison, Stokley, Wayne is better than what Brady's had for most of his career, well that's probably true.

However, if it wasn't for Peyton Manning's ability to alter routes, change up protection schemes and audible on the fly at the line of scrimmage how much less do you think the production of those receivers would be.

How many times did a route he changed lead to a touchdown instead of a 3 and out?

Its impossible to quantify but at the same time it shouldn't be discounted from the argument. While I'd be happy to have either guy as my franchise QB I'm taking Manning over Brady if given the choice, if for no other reason I know that my QB can still win a game with his brain if all else fails.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I bet 6 of the coaches who picked Manning also had their team go to the playoffs.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 07-07-2008 at 08:57 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning isn't that bad in the playoffs though. I mean hell, do people forget that the opposing team prepares too.

Sure Brady's won a lot of games in the playoffs but his stats haven't by any means been god like.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
People want to say that his trio Harrison, Stokley, Wayne is better than what Brady's had for most of his career, well that's probably true.

However, if it wasn't for Peyton Manning's ability to alter routes, change up protection schemes and audible on the fly at the line of scrimmage how much less do you think the production of those receivers would be.

How many times did a route he changed lead to a touchdown instead of a 3 and out?

Its impossible to quantify but at the same time it shouldn't be discounted from the argument. While I'd be happy to have either guy as my franchise QB I'm taking Manning over Brady if given the choice, if for no other reason I know that my QB can still win a game with his brain if all else fails.
you mean the audibles? most people think its dribble.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Bingo. Give Peyton Manning Deion Branch, David Patten, and Troy Brown as his top targets, and I'd be willing to bet that his numbers would be very Bradyish (around 3200 yards, 24ish touchdowns, and 13 interceptions).
When Matt Hasselbeck got Deon Branch last season, his numbers were superior to anything Brady put up with Branch. So Hasselbeck is better than Manning?

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.

The Pats defense is the reason Brady has 3 rings.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm sorry, which Manning needs Bill Belichick, Charlie Weis, and Adam Vinateiri to win championships?

Oh, that's right, neither.
No, but I recall one needing his D to pick up the slack to finally not get embarassed in the playoffs, despite typical poor post season play on his own part that saw his QB rating drop 30 points from the regular season.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm sorry, which Manning needs Bill Belichick, Charlie Weis, and Adam Vinateiri to win championships?

Oh, that's right, neither.
Which Manning needs the most elite passrush in the NFL in win? O thats right, the guy you have #1 on your list.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
The Pats defense is the reason Brady has 3 rings.
I'm trying to tell them that.

People just don't learn.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

You can't really make an argument for one without contradicting yourself on the other one. In years past, it was about how Manning had elite production (with an elite supporting cast) but was a choke artist, whereas Brady had very good production (with an average offensive supporting cast) but won the big games.

Then Manning won the big game in a postseason where he played like **** and was carried by his running game and defense. However, it bears mentioning that Brady threw the game sealing interception against the Colts in the AFC Championship, choking that game away.

Then we had this year. Brady got weapons and put up elite offensive production. And the Patriots went to the Superbowl and lost.

So what can we conclude from all of this? That arguing between these two is ******* pointless and whichever one you think is better is really nothing more than a matter of personal preference.

I agree with this.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
I'm trying to tell them that.

People just don't learn.
That logic can be applied to any situation. Hence team sports.

The Colts would suck without Manning so that means they only won because they had Manning!!111!!111111

You shouldn't really even measure a player's career on championships (in team sports). There are too many variables that one player can't change so giving them all the positive and negative credit isn't fair.

edit: I agree with you ATL, that was a quality post.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That logic can be applied to any situation. Hence team sports.

The Colts would suck without Manning so that means they only won because they had Manning!!111!!111111

You shouldn't really even measure a player's career on championships (in team sports). There are too many variables that one player can't change so giving them all the positive and negative credit isn't fair.

edit: I agree with you ATL, that was a quality post.
QB is the most important position in all of team sports, though...so the impact of the QB is far greater than any other positional player....a QB like Tom Brady is the heart and soul of that dynasty and has deserved everything he's gotten. He has played on some very talented, but as time has gone on he has been the reason for thier success.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
QB is the most important position in all of team sports
Nope. Goalies in hockey have more of an impact on the game than QBs do.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Manning isn't that bad in the playoffs though. I mean hell, do people forget that the opposing team prepares too.

Sure Brady's won a lot of games in the playoffs but his stats haven't by any means been god like.
But he won, which is the only thing that matters. Check out Peyton's line from the Super Bowl. Nothing amazing. But do you care that he was ok or that he won the game?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote