Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2nd round and later

its easy to say which first rounders you think will have a good rookie season and/or career, but which player drafted in the second round or later do you see making an impact in the nfl?

Im going to go ahead and say that Ray Rice will have a solid nfl career. As well as Cliff Avril for the Lions. Anyone else?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since this is practically taking a shot in the dark I'll say Matt Forte.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i am not mistaking curtis lofton was a second round selection and he seems to fall into a great situation, liked him when he played college so my name would be curtis lofton.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Kevin Smith is going to be a great back for the Lions and should help them forget Bell and Jones. Also I Curtis Lofton will be a force in the league for years to come.

Homer pick - Chilo Rachal, the next Steve Hutchinson. Both are big, tall, strong, athletic guards. Coincidentally scouting by the same guy who scouted Hutch.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Kevin Smith is going to be a great back for the Lions and should help them forget Bell and Jones. Also I Curtis Lofton will be a force in the league for years to come.

Homer pick - Chilo Rachal, the next Steve Hutchinson. Both are big, tall, strong, athletic guards. Coincidentally scouting by the same guy who scouted Hutch.
Wasn't there a rumor than Chilo Rachal body slammed Isaac Sopoaga during OTA's? Or did a suplex on him or something? I found that amusing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Forté pans out in Chicago, he'll have a brilliant pro career.

my very very dark horse is Colt Brennan

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, i was thinking about Kevin Smith, but I thought that would be too much of a homer pick, although I did pick avril!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe not this season, but in time I am convinced Phillip Wheeler will be a smash for the Colts, until we let him go like we always do with our LB's...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

I love the brennan pick, the guy is a winner. I know he has his limitations and stuff but he knows how to win and there is just no substitute for that.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordy Nelson. How has no one said that yet?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Flowers.perfect fit in Herm's Tampa 2 could have an immeidiate impact
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
its easy to say which first rounders you think will have a good rookie season and/or career, but which player drafted in the second round or later do you see making an impact in the nfl?

Im going to go ahead and say that Ray Rice will have a solid nfl career. As well as Cliff Avril for the Lions. Anyone else?
I more than doubled your rep for that. Ray Rice is a future HOF'er. Should be in right now dammit. Other 2nd rounders who will soon makethe HOF: Osi, Strahan, Snee and Leonard. But from this draft I'm REALLY pumped about Terrell Thomas. Big, strong physical kid who'll thrive in Spags' system. Fell due to injury and speed concerns. He doesn't allow completions and he's a very solid tackler. With Madison and RW on the downswing of their careers, and Webster a to-be FA, Thomas will be a big part of our secondary soon with Ross and Philips. Looking good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I more than doubled your rep for that. Ray Rice is a future HOF'er. Should be in right now dammit. Other 2nd rounders who will soon makethe HOF: Osi, Strahan, Snee and Leonard. But from this draft I'm REALLY pumped about Terrell Thomas. Big, strong physical kid who'll thrive in Spags' system. Fell due to injury and speed concerns. He doesn't allow completions and he's a very solid tackler. With Madison and RW on the downswing of their careers, and Webster a to-be FA, Thomas will be a big part of our secondary soon with Ross and Philips. Looking good.

You are the truth. Screw Paul Pierce!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Jordy Nelson. How has no one said that yet?
stop misspelling it: JordyZZZ zOMGZZZZ NelsonZZZ

besides, it's unfair to mention JordyZZZ in a discussion about mere mortals.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

DeSean Jackson, he will improve the Eagles special teams beyond belief

Sleepers:
Quintin Demps, if Dawk goes down he is the primary replacement'
Joe Mays, he is the primary replacement to Stewart Bradley and he is a tackle machine, his coverage is questionable.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avril will be a beast.

Homer pick: Dwight Lowery. I think he has the potential to be the Jets version of Asante Samuel.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Woodson will soon be the third best QB in the league, and the best not named Manning. :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Avril will be a beast.

Homer pick: Dwight Lowery. I think he has the potential to be the Jets version of Asante Samuel.
Avril should be very good, I wanted him to be a Colt.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

D-Unit is that you?

I think Flowers will have the better career from the start.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
DeSean Jackson, he will improve the Eagles special teams beyond belief

Sleepers:
Quintin Demps, if Dawk goes down he is the primary replacement'
Joe Mays, he is the primary replacement to Stewart Bradley and he is a tackle machine, his coverage is questionable.
I don't think they'd start Mays if Bradley goes down, they'd probably move Gaither back to MLB and start Akeem Jordan at WLB. If Dawk goes down they'd probably move Mikell to FS and start Considine at SS or just put in Considine at FS. I think you're right about Jackson though.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 07-08-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Manningham
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Mario Manningham
yea, if he gets Hooked on Phonix, the playbook and route running addition
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
The irony is amazing.

Anyways, Roy Schuening will be an inhuman monster, destroying all in his path.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
The irony is amazing.

Anyways, Roy Schuening will be an inhuman monster, destroying all in his path.
that's' not irony, it's interwebz talkz
Quote:
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's why he doesn't have to start right away. He can sit and absorb everything and go from there. He is in no rush to get on the field. Not to mention, it depends on our system. If we tag our routes, then all he has to do is wear a wrist band and use that. There are ways around it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote