Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Well that's why he doesn't have to start right away. He can sit and absorb everything and go from there. He is in no rush to get on the field. Not to mention, it depends on our system. If we tag our routes, then all he has to do is wear a wrist band and use that. There are ways around it.
Yes, but there's no denying the kid is as dumb as a post. He was running wrong routes in rookie camp. Come on. Those are simple routes designed for rookies to show they can play and try and make the team(UDFA's mainly). Can he absorb everything, get his head straight and use his 1st round talent and potential? sure. But we'll see.

And don't gimme the Bradshaw character concers, cuz he wasn't stupid. Like literally stupid. Didn't Mario get like a 4 on his wonderlic? Idc how much they matter, but really? a freaking 4?(or 6, either way, that's horrible)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Yes, but there's no denying the kid is as dumb as a post. He was running wrong routes in rookie camp. Come on. Those are simple routes designed for rookies to show they can play and try and make the team(UDFA's mainly). Can he absorb everything, get his head straight and use his 1st round talent and potential? sure. But we'll see.

And don't gimme the Bradshaw character concers, cuz he wasn't stupid. Like literally stupid. Didn't Mario get like a 4 on his wonderlic? Idc how much they matter, but really? a freaking 4?(or 6, either way, that's horrible)
Who said that he was running wrong routes in rookie mini camp? Did any of the beat writers write that?

That's def. a bad test score. But those tests have nothing to do with football. That's one problem I have with those tests. If the person is going to want to play in the "football industry" then the test should indicate football smarts. Like plays, coverages, and then asked in question form to test the player.

But hopefully he can pick it up. Also, like I said there are aways around not being able to memorize your routes.

Now there is no school, no other tests or other academic distractions. He is a fulltime player, and thus has all the time in the world to study his play book, and use the vets as resources.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who said that he was running wrong routes in rookie mini camp? Did any of the beat writers write that?

That's def. a bad test score. But those tests have nothing to do with football. That's one problem I have with those tests. If the person is going to want to play in the "football industry" then the test should indicate football smarts. Like plays, coverages, and then asked in question form to test the player.

But hopefully he can pick it up. Also, like I said there are aways around not being able to memorize your routes.

Now there is no school, no other tests or other academic distractions. He is a fulltime player, and thus has all the time in the world to study his play book, and use the vets as resources.
Yea, a beat writer said he messed up a couple routes, running wrong ones and such. That, his wonderlic and pot admttance scare me, but I've got faith in him. He's got good talent, and I've looked past character before. I was just making a little joke haha. He's got all the talent in the world, let's just hope he puts it all together
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My homer picks are Charles Godfrey and Dan Connor.

Other teams I'd be saying Kevin Smith, Josh Johnson, For the life of my I forget the guy's name but he was a late second day div 2 defensive end who went to KC he was a literal clone of Jared Allen.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
My homer picks are Charles Godfrey and Dan Connor.

Other teams I'd be saying Kevin Smith, Josh Johnson, For the life of my I forget the guy's name but he was a late second day div 2 defensive end who went to KC he was a literal clone of Jared Allen.
Wasn't it Brian Johnston? That's a pretty good choice.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Yea, a beat writer said he messed up a couple routes, running wrong ones and such. That, his wonderlic and pot admttance scare me, but I've got faith in him. He's got good talent, and I've looked past character before. I was just making a little joke haha. He's got all the talent in the world, let's just hope he puts it all together
See I always wonder when beat writers comment on stuff like that... did they ask the coaches if he ran a wrong route? Or how do they know? That's the stuff I wonder when they post stuff like that.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Limas Sweed has a perfect situation in Pittsburgh... He gets to play behind Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes/Heath Miller with a great running game and QB... If the line holds up I think he can put up around 500 yard and a few tds.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.

I like Forte.

Also worth noting with the inconsistency of the Saints DB's Tracy Porter has a decent shot. Also as a returner too.

DeSean Jackson will be a serious deep threat too.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quentin Groves ;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See I always wonder when beat writers comment on stuff like that... did they ask the coaches if he ran a wrong route? Or how do they know? That's the stuff I wonder when they post stuff like that.
well, if they are allowed to see the practice, they probably heard the coaches yelling at the guy. or maybe a player said something, when they are they in person odds are they hear all sorts of stuff.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Limas Sweed has a perfect situation in Pittsburgh... He gets to play behind Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes/Heath Miller with a great running game and QB... If the line holds up I think he can put up around 500 yard and a few tds.
I'm guessing slightly better than what laurant robinson did last year.

500-600 yards and a few TDs because of his height.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
my very very dark horse is Colt Brennan
That is a pitch-black horse.

All the running backs that have been mentioned have a great shot at becoming successful players. Don't forget about my boy Jamaal Football in Kansas City. If they can shore up that offensive line a little, he can be very good for them.

Chilo Rachal, almost all the second round WR's.. my pick is Brandon Flowers though. He's a physical guy that can hit like a truck. He's not overly timed-fast, but i think he can have a very nice career.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
well, if they are allowed to see the practice, they probably heard the coaches yelling at the guy. or maybe a player said something, when they are they in person odds are they hear all sorts of stuff.
Yeah that could be it too.. But from what I remember at least in training camp, the media is farther away then listening distance. You could be right though. Still I always have my doubts when people other than coaches talk about players running wrong routes. Only because it's hard for any other person to know because you don't have the WR manuel so it's hard to know exactly. That's why I always skeptical about stuff like that.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That is a pitch-black horse.

All the running backs that have been mentioned have a great shot at becoming successful players. Don't forget about my boy Jamaal Football in Kansas City. If they can shore up that offensive line a little, he can be very good for them.

Chilo Rachal, almost all the second round WR's.. my pick is Brandon Flowers though. He's a physical guy that can hit like a truck. He's not overly timed-fast, but i think he can have a very nice career.
Charles is a rock solid pick. Once LJ's gone a few games averaging 3.5 ypc, they're going to look to him more and more.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have said this many times but I like Earl Bennet. I hate that the Bears got him beacuase I think he is going to make a very good pro WR.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Charles Godfrey should start at safety right away for Carolina and make an impact
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second round RBs Matt Forte and Kevin Smith. Also homer pick in DeSean Jackson.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with T-RICH about Brandon Flowers. Absolutely perfect fit in our defense.

* Was half asleep when I read this thread the first time. ;p

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 07-09-2008 at 06:31 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Charles Godfrey should start at safety right away for Carolina and make an impact
His competition is the crappy half of the holt brothers. He's already taken almost all the snaps with the first team and Steve Smith gave him a lot of praise.

Its early days but he's gotta be better than the former 5th round rookies and journey men who can hit but can't cover worth a damn that we've had there in the past.

All he has to do is not get beat deep and make the occasional tackle after broken coverage and he'll be the best FS we've had in a decade.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I agree with T-RICH about Brandon Flowers. Absolutely perfect fit in our defense, but a non homer pick:

Keith Rivers, LB, Cincinnati Bengals. Their defense hasn't been great but this kid is a playmaker.
I didn't know the Bengals grabbed another LB named Keith Rivers later in the draft. What are the odds?

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His competition is the crappy half of the holt brothers. He's already taken almost all the snaps with the first team and Steve Smith gave him a lot of praise.

Its early days but he's gotta be better than the former 5th round rookies and journey men who can hit but can't cover worth a damn that we've had there in the past.

All he has to do is not get beat deep and make the occasional tackle after broken coverage and he'll be the best FS we've had in a decade.
I LOVED Godfrey coming out. Though I saw him as a corner through and through. Is he 100% safety for you guys?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

shawn crable is dumb as hell , but a great fit for the patriots system

matt forte is an underrated runner , he can do many things and i see some young deuce mcallister and some young fred taylor in him

reggie smith will be solid , if he stays on safety

lofton will have a good career and will also have an impact in his rookie year.

jack ikegwounu will be solid if he stays out of trouble

--------------

these are my guys to watch , besides the obvious choices
Old 07-09-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Curtis Lofton.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenneth Moore from Wake Forest, I have high hopes for him. or Dexter Jackson (as a PR/KR

and on defense

Tyrell Johnson

Edit: NVM on Moore I didn't see he went to the lions, hopefully he gets cut and ends up with a good team.

Last edited by brat316 : 07-09-2008 at 01:52 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:

What happened to your rep?!?!?!?
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote