Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Network's top ten cornerback tandems.

10. Everson Walls and Dennis Thurman - Dallas Cowboys.

9. Albert Lewis and Kevin Ross - Kansas City Chiefs.

8. Willie Brown and Skip Thomas - Oakland Raiders.

7. Deion Sanders along with anyone - various teams.

6. J.T. Thomas and Mel Blount - Pittsburgh Steelers.

5. Dick Lebeau and "The Hall of Famers" - Detroit Lions.

4. Herb Adderley and Bob Jeter - Green Bay Packers.

3. Ronnie Lott and Eric Wright - San Francisco 49ers.

2. Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield - Cleveland Browns.

1. Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes - Oakland Raiders.

Debate and discuss.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-09-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cannot go wrong with number one. Rod Woodson when he was a corner had a pro bowlers next to him i thought for a few years or another very good guy. ill have to find out
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1 all-time and present. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the Deion Sanders along with anyone thing. A great tandem should have 2 great players, not one great player and one ok player, even if the great one is the best of all time.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there was Deion and Champ, Deion and Larry Brown or whatever, Deion and some guy from the 49ers i dont know, Deion and McAlister. But basically Deion was pretty beast anywhere he was. i can see how they put it there because if there was any decent CB on the other side they knew it was coming and could defend pretty well. But it is called Tandems so i think they should just put one of those guys there.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very vague and obscure list. I don't think it's worth a ****.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake!!! they were SICK!!! they were everything Deion wasn't; corners that could cover AND hit!!!

is there film of Dick Lebeau playing?!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
is there film of Dick Lebeau playing?!
Yeah they showed quite a few highlights of his career.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

Old man willie brown and skip should be second.
VOTE Lester"stickum"Hayes into the Hall of Fame
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF where is Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas.... I know they were our #2 and 3 but they were still way better then all of those fools. And where is Jordyzzzz he is easily #1 CB duo by himself and doesn't even play CB.... or does heż??żżż? :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Wasn't deion with Mertan Hanks on the 9ers? I remember that dude had the goofiest neck. He looked like a swan.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i miss the good old days when cornerbacks were allowed to actually do something. now all they can do is run along with the WR and hope for a bad pass because of all these damn rules.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

No suprise whos #1.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Wasn't deion with Mertan Hanks on the 9ers? I remember that dude had the goofiest neck. He looked like a swan.
Yes...but Merton moved to safety once Deion Sanders arrived.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

I think Dale Carter and James Hasty deserve a spot.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Al Davis was having visions of Hayes/Haynes in his head when he acquired Deangelo Hall to pair with Nnamdi Asomugha? I'd say so. (and maybe Bo Jackson with Darren McFadden, etcetera.)

Asomugha and Hall being the best starting corner duo today, I'm sure we can all agree.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Think Al Davis was having visions of Hayes/Haynes in his head when he acquired Deangelo Hall to pair with Nnamdi Asomugha? I'd say so. (and maybe Bo Jackson with Darren McFadden, etcetera.)

Asomugha and Hall being the best starting corner duo today, I'm sure we can all agree.
How can we all agree when they haven't even played together yet?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

on paper, yes. But last time I checked the Patriots won the Superbowl on paper as well.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:10 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say we could agree on it because we've seen them play separately, against the league's #1s, and it's quite a good preview of what they'll do on their sides of the field?
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNad View Post
I would say we could agree on it because we've seen them play separately, against the league's #1s, and it's quite a good preview of what they'll do on their sides of the field?
Champ Bailey and Dre Bly. People thought they would be dynamite, but it didn't work out as planned. Mainly due to no help from the front seven, but regardless it didn't work out.

So no you can't agree when they haven't played a single down yet.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
I think Dale Carter and James Hasty deserve a spot.
Agreed that was an impossible duo to throw on.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion and Darrell Green
Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

i thought ronnie lott was a safety?

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi Asomugha and DeAngelo Hall will be up there sometime.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

What about Jason David and Fred Thomas?
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote