Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sporting News: AFC Offensive Lines

Quote:
1. Colts RT Ryan Diem and LT Tony Ugoh are the bookends on a line that gives Peyton Manning the time and space to work his magic. Pro Bowl C Jeff Saturday is a tenacious blocker and has strong rapport with Manning.

2. Chargers This unit has paved the way for the NFL's rushing leader the past two years. The left side (G Kris Dielman and T Marcus McNeill) went to the Pro Bowl after last season, and C Nick Hardwick went after '06.

3. Patriots A group led by LT Matt Light, LG Logan Mankins and C Dan Koppen is quick and versatile, able to zone-block on one play and power-block the next. The cohesiveness shows on a unit entering its fourth year together.

4. Browns Neither LT Joe Thomas nor LG Eric Steinbach is a mauler, but both are strong, smart and consistent. They form one of the best left sides in the game. The team can bank on every position except right guard.

5. Bengals The return of a healthy RT Willie Anderson bolsters a line that can blow defenders off the ball. The team used the franchise tag on Stacy Andrews, who can move back to guard after replacing Anderson last year.

6. Jets Pro Bowl LG Alan Faneca will be a mentor to LT D 'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold, both of whom struggled at times last year. The Jets expect former G Damien Woody to be an above-average right tackle.

7. Bills This revamped group showed vast improvement last season. The best of the bunch is LT Jason Peters, who has excellent footwork, quickness and agility. RT Langston Walker (6-8, 366) can overpower defenders.

8. Jaguars A unit that helped the Jags lead the league in rushing over the past two years is in flux with competitions at both left-side positions. The right side is solid with T Tony Pashos and G Vince Manuwai.

9. Titans LT Michael Roos is athletic and savvy, and RT David Stewart is a mauler with a mean streak. The Titans got more physical by adding former Colts RG Jake Scott, who can take on sturdy defensive tackles.

10. Steelers The loss of LG Alan Faneca won't help a unit that struggled last season, especially in pass protection. LT Marvel Smith must play even better, and free agent Justin Hartwig must strengthen the center spot.

11. Broncos If healthy, this could be a solid and athletic group. C Tom Nalen is coming off knee and biceps injuries, and LG Ben Hamilton (postconcussion symptoms) missed all of 2007. Rookie LT Ryan Clady will start.

12. Texans Can rookie LT Duane Brown make an impact? He and free-agent C Chris Myers appear to be good fits in new assistant Alex Gibbs' zone-blocking scheme. Eric Winston has emerged as a solid right tackle.

13. Dolphins The arrival of LT Jake Long allows Vernon Carey to shift back to the right side, where his power and size make him a better fit. C Samson Satele is an up-and-comer, but the guards have health concerns.

14. Ravens This young line will take time to develop. The strength will be inside with RG Marshal Yanda, LG Ben Grubbs and C Jason Brown. All three are athletic and can run-block. The team will have problems at tackle.

15. Raiders LG Robert Gallery, RG Cooper Carlisle and Co. are nice fits in the team's zone-blocking scheme. But the team has a big question at left tackle, where 49ers castoff Kwame Harris will try to protect QB JaMarcus Russell's blind side.

16. Chiefs This unit will be younger, and that likely means more mistakes. It needs a lift from rookie LT Branden Albert, an athletic first-rounder. LG Brian Waters and RT Damion McIntosh are solid players when healthy.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=432210

I think the Super Bowl diminished the patriots accomplishments they were damn near dominant for the entire regular season give me them #1.

The only thing I would change is the top 4 I would have it like this...

1.NWE
2.IND
3.CLE
4.SD
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm pretty sure that the Ravens line will be better then the Dolphins.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so....we're just going to completely trust the Colts to sure up their guards like that? plus Ugoh is after all just a second year guy that missed time last year hurt.....

Not sure I like them at #1 personally
Old 07-08-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a terrible list. I would rank them like this

1. CLE
2. SD
3. NE
4. JAG
5. IND
6. TEN
7. JET
8. BUF
9. CIN
10. DEN
11. PIT
12. TEX
13. OAK
14. KC
15. BAL
16. MIA
Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
so....we're just going to completely trust the Colts to sure up their guards like that? plus Ugoh is after all just a second year guy that missed time last year hurt.....

Not sure I like them at #1 personally
they keep retooling the guards all the time, it should work.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
they keep retooling the guards all the time, it should work.
but theres no guarantee it will work this time around. I can't justify making them #1 without someone proven all along the line, yanno?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really a fan of this list. Indy too high and I think NE is definitely top 3. They got beat by the G-Men in the superbowl but other than that they were so dominant. maybe a fluke?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Not really a fan of this list. Indy too high and I think NE is definitely top 3. They got beat by the G-Men in the superbowl but other than that they were so dominant. maybe a fluke?
The Giants were simply better in that game...but someone was keeping Brady on his feet long enough to hock up 50 TDs last year, thats for sure.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but theres no guarantee it will work this time around. I can't justify making them #1 without someone proven all along the line, yanno?

Very true and I wouldn't put them at 1 (New England), but they churn out guards kind of like Denver puts out runningbacks
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants were simply better in that game...but someone was keeping Brady on his feet long enough to hock up 50 TDs last year, thats for sure.
I fully agree. Yeah, NE O-Line got pwned by the Gints, but they have like three pro-bowlers and had a great season. I think it's a measure of disrespect to the D-line of NY to say that the Pats line failed. Justin Tuck had as good a playoff run as I've seen a d-lineman have, then toss on Strahan and Osi and they were incredible.

Pats O-line is at least equal to Colts', IMO.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Very true and I wouldn't put them at 1 (New England), but they churn out guards kind of like Denver puts out runningbacks
Right, I don't disagree with that but for now, they're unproven there. If I could have any of these o-lines and supplant the thing onto my team, I would take NE, SD and maybe Cle as is right now before Indy. I'd like to see those guards in action proving that they're workable again before I'd hand them the #1 spot
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy the Jets as better than the Bills right now. I like our left side better and I like our right side better. Mangold can take a dump on Fowler for all I care, but I like our group.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 07-09-2008 at 12:57 AM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego has a great line. I expect them to dominate this season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders fans must be scared sh*tless..... Kwame Brown. Thats right Kwame Brown will be protecting (holidng on for dear life) their bluechip QB and blocking for their expensive stable of backs.... Good luck....

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Raiders fans must be scared sh*tless..... Kwame Brown. Thats right Kwame Brown will be protecting (holidng on for dear life) their bluechip QB and blocking for their expensive stable of backs.... Good luck....
Actually it's not. Kwame Brown was that NBA bust.
Kwame Harris is the equally ineffective revolving door on the Raiders line.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Both suck

Damm Kwame's

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals are about right at this point though I expect a return to 2005 form especially in the run game. Willie Anderson might not even start for christ's sake.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd move Cleveland up a bit in these rankings. They have a great offensive line which is pretty much solid at all positions and stellar at some.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

titans too low , jets too high ....

what a crap after the first four.

they just made a ranking based on some moves on paper.
but i doubt that the titans OL won´t be anything than rocksolid this year.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitt needs to be a little lower at least they got number 16 right
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see why the Colts are that high, they're going to get better. Ugoh has a year under his belt and Diem is healthy again. Inside, Saturday may be getting worse or not, we'll see if this season confirms, but either Pollak or Johnson will be an improvement over Scott at RG imo. The guy was a solid enough starter.

(Edit: Although I'm not sure I would have put them #1 now.)

I've been saying the Browns have the best OL in the league, but I have been wondering if I haven't given them a tad too much credit. I'm pretty sure they are the highest-paid offensive line in the league, been meaning to check out and add their contracts. And that's not even counting the money they gave to LeCharles Bentley who didn't play a game for them.

My hunch says keep an eye on the Cincinnati Bengals' OL though. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a great year like in 2005, which means big things for the offense and thus the team.

Last edited by Geo : 07-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I'd move Cleveland up a bit in these rankings. They have a great offensive line which is pretty much solid at all positions and stellar at some.
Any OLine that makes Derek Anderson a probowler deserves to be #1. If we actually had a good QB (see below) then we could have made the playoffs.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Any OLine that makes Derek Anderson a probowler deserves to be #1. If we actually had a good QB (see below) then we could have made the playoffs.
if the steelers lost there last game you could have made the playoffs
Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the jets ahead if the bills?
are they crazy?

we have a better left side, and a much better right side.... Mangold (c) is the only position where they MIGHT be better
Old 07-14-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Pitt needs to be a little lower at least they got number 16 right
Go ahead and laugh now but I guarantee by the end of the season the Chiefs will not be the worst line.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote