Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

www.firstcoastnews.com/news/br...j51CvHgdfbLY%3D

Quote:
FAYETTEVILLE, AR -- Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones has been arrested on cocaine charges in Arkansas.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office says officers arrested Jones and two other men as they sat in a Toyota 4Runner in an unlit parking lot in a known drug area.

The preliminary arrest report shows an officer saw Jones sitting in the back seat of the car with a white card with a white powdery substance on it, and a credit card in his other hand.

The officer said he opened the door and asked Jones to "put his hands where he could see them."

Authorities say Jones didn't comply right away and hid his left hand. The officer drew his gun and ordered Jones out of the vehicle. Jones got out and the officer put him in handcuffs.

A second officer placed the other two men under arrest. They're identified as Benjamin Cook, 26, and Jared Hicks, 25.

Jones is charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Cook and Hicks face misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia.

Jones is entering his 4th season with the Jaguars. He was the 21st overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Since making the transition from college quarterback to NFL wide receiver, Jones' career in Jacksonville has mostly been a disappointment.

MUGSHOT

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/sheri...asp?bn=4077909
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Well at least the Jags dont have to waste a roster spot on him again.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

The Jaguars finally have a good excuse to cut him.
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
The Jaguars finally have a good excuse to cut him.
So him being a piece of crap wasn't a good excuse?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmm

I heard a rumor that Jordy Nelson was the arresting officer...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
I heard a rumor that Jordy Nelson was the arresting officer...
No, Jordyz was the one who personally made the cocaine he sold to him.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

completely dumbbbbbbbbb.

Hasta la vista.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's awesome for me as my 4th WR in Madden.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the hell is wrong with people?? seriously, you choose to sit in your car in the same hood you probably bought it? sure, the cops probably don't have any idea there are drugs in that area, and don't consider an suv parked in a dark parking lot suspicious at all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

matt jones lol
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
He makes spectacular one handed catches.
He does on Madden. The "Spectacular Catch" weapon is idotically impossible to stop.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05...ris&id=2025109

Hahaha Mort...

EDIT:

Post 5,000.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 07-10-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I vividly remember punching a hole in my bedroom wall right after we drafted him. So happy he'll finally be getting cut. Sucks it had to happen like this, though, instead of it being a performance based cut. I never like to see someone get caught up. It's a terrible, terrible situation to be in.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I...can't feel my face!!!

What a dumbass. Who the hell posts up in their car to sniff rocks. That's so ******* sketch it's unreal. Dude was asking to get caught.
You'd be surprised.....

can't go wrong with a cd case and a drivers liscense
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
You'd be surprised.....

can't go wrong with a cd case and a drivers liscense
Oh trust me, I know. I've just always hated the idea of being a sitting target; I don't even really like to blaze in my car.

Plus, even if you don't get caught on the spot, if you get pulled over afterwards, they can try tack on a driving under the influence of a controlled substance charge, which is never fun.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Draft Ginger

Quote:
Oh trust me, I know. I've just always hated the idea of being a sitting target; I don't even really like to blaze in my car.

Plus, even if you don't get caught on the spot, if you get pulled over afterwards, they can try tack on a driving under the influence of a controlled substance charge, which is never fun.
Minimum $1000 fine for driving under the influence of pot where I live now. Second offense is a 6 month jail sentence too!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
When stuff like this happens, i can't imagine someone with so much to lose would be so damn stupid. I mean seriously, if you're gonna snort, why do you have to sit in a parked car, cutting up your yayo? Like Fave said, he was practically asking to get caught. He's got that Cowboy syndrome..
That's what gets me, lets you know a guy just doesn't care...He can't have a friend bring it over to his huge house in his own privacy? His priorities are clearly not football related, this changes things with him getting picked up off waivers, because now its just more then him not panning out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Ginger View Post
Minimum $1000 fine for driving under the influence of pot where I live now. Second offense is a 6 month jail sentence too!
Jesus Christ that's ******* outrageous...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:

The paranoia definately sets in heavy in the car. Especially at night. Any headlights could spell disaster. The smell from the sticky can also **** you. Car is def. stupid. I think it's more of like a highschool thing though when no one has a house to go to.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's what gets me, lets you know a guy just doesn't care...He can't have a friend bring it over to his huge house in his own privacy? His priorities are clearly not football related, this changes things with him getting picked up off waivers, because now its just more then him not panning out.
They must have been getting ready to go into the club or something. No other reason to do it in the car instead of the house.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Check out his eyes, he's still riding the white pony.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Check out his eyes, he's still riding the white pony.
His nostrils are red.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
His nostrils are red.
More evidence about the trustworthyness of gingers.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
AllDayFootball724
Rookie

AllDayFootball724 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug .... ha ha ha.
AllDayFootball724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yeah, i agree.

And BTW for everyone, by "Cowboy syndrome", i wasn't referring to the Dallas Cowboys. It's the "i wanna be so careless cause i wanna get caught" type of thing.