Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
PSUEagles17

Who will be the next Eagles Runningback. Yes i know it wont be another 3 or 4 years. But who has the better chance.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Booker.

He is similar to Brian Westbrook.
He is the ideal WCO RB, he is weapon in the passing and running game.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
PSUEagles17

hey i was just thinkin maybe we give Kevin Jones a shot. Or when draft day comes get Wells
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

The Eagles RBs are stacked, there is no reason to get Kevin Jones or Beanie Wells. We do not need a big money RB next year in FA we will probably go after a WCO RB like JJ Arrington.

I don't know to much about Kevin Jones, but I do know he was brought in earlier this off-season as a FA.

Beanie Wells is a terrible fit for our WCO, his receiving skills are questionable at best. He is not a threat in the running game and the in the passing game, which is the most important thing in a WCO.

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 07-12-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones can catch great.

As for the question, I would say both have their roles.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Jones can catch great.
Well than, I would give Kevin Jones a shot. The RB has to be able to catch. Brian Westbrook had 90 receptions last year, thats more than most receivers. RBs in a WCO absolutely have to be a double threat, which is why we won't be seeing a lot of Tony Hunt this season or any time until he proves to the team he can catch the football.

Lorenzo Booker will be the #2 RB this season, so far he has REALLY impressed the Eagles.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=15488

Quote:
It is not just rookies that find the extra time of preparation advantageous.

Running back Lorenzo Booker is entering his second NFL season, but his first as an Eagle after being traded from the Miami Dolphins April 26. Learning the new offense like the rookies are, Booker participated in the camp as well.

"I felt 180 degrees different today (compared to the post-draft mini-camp)," Booker said Wednesday. "Just knowing everything, I was actually able to play as opposed to wondering if I am doing the right thing, wondering if I am lining up on the right side, or wondering if I am running the right route. Those were all things that were gone in terms of coming into this camp."

Booker remained in Philadelphia and around the NovaCare complex after the post-draft mini-camp so that he would be ready to go when this camp began.

"You can't play when you're thinking that's just the bottom line," he said.

Booker has even told his family that "this is the most comfortable I have ever been with any team I have joined for the first time: high school, college, whatever. Questions I would ask Kevin (Kolb) in the huddle weren't 'What am I doing?' It was pretty much getting timing down ...developing a little bit of chemistry. I can start focusing on the little things rather than everything."
Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Booker. Hunt will be a solid back.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

Hopefully both of them. I'd really like to see a good 1-2 punch with Booker AND Hunt. Like BamaFalcon59 said they both have their roles. If I had to pick just one i'd say Booker just because he's a threat in the passing game and looks like he's a great fit so far.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLionALL View Post
Hopefully both of them. I'd really like to see a good 1-2 punch with Booker AND Hunt. Like BamaFalcon59 said they both have their roles. If I had to pick just one i'd say Booker just because he's a threat in the passing game and looks like he's a great fit so far.
At the risk of seemiong like I'm just going along with you, I'll agree. I want both of them to succeeed for the Eagles, and it is very obvious that they are diferent backs, and if both of them do, great we will have a solid 1-2 punch in our future. EF 45 is right though, Booker is a better fit for the starters role of the WCO, though I will say this though, we don't really know how well be blocks in the backfield, and if he is just as bad as Hunt was at times in the pres-season last year, that is definitely something that will need to be worked on for both of them. As it stands though, we don't know about Booker's blocking, so that is something we will have to wait and see. But if only one works out, I would prefer it to be Booker, and it seems as if he is already doing well. But like I said before, If we have both of them working out, that would do wonders for our offense, especially the running game.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt if he learns to pass block
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post

Beanie Wells is a terrible fit for our WCO, his receiving skills are questionable at best. He is not a threat in the running game and the in the passing game, which is the most important thing in a WCO.
Just because OSU doesn't throw the ball to their backs doesn't mean he's not good at it. Wells is a tank.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt hasn't proven that he can consistently protect the passer or make yards in the running/receiving game. Booker has behind a worse OLine last year in Miami. If I were handicapping the Booker vs. Hunt race, I'd have Booker as a strong favorite for his similarity to Westbrook in skills (as others mentioned) plus his more productive rookie year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Just because OSU doesn't throw the ball to their backs doesn't mean he's not good at it. Wells is a tank.
Thats coming from a Michigan fan too, so that says something about Wells. IMO Wells is a very good prospect if he keeps improving on what he did last year. Personally, I think wells is going to be a very good RB in the NFL, I don't see any LT or AD in him right now, but he is still a very good RB, and could be the first RB taken this year IF he declares, and I'm a PSU fan, so that is also saying something about Wells.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hunt if he learns to pass block
I have now doubt that he will get it, I just don't know when. He was a great blocker for PSU in the passing game, he just needs to adjust to the timing and different assignments he faces against NFL defenses.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Hunt hasn't proven that he can consistently protect the passer or make yards in the running/receiving game. Booker has behind a worse OLine last year in Miami. If I were handicapping the Booker vs. Hunt race, I'd have Booker as a strong favorite for his similarity to Westbrook in skills (as others mentioned) plus his more productive rookie year.
Agreed, I still don't know hwo we got him for only a fourth rounder. PArcells must not have wanted him AT ALL. Hunt hasn't proven anything, but he is capable of being productive as both a runner and receiver. It still remains to be seen whether he performs to those capabilities, but there is no reason right now to think he won't. I agree with you about Booker, I definitely like what he brings to the table and think he is a much better fit in the offense for the starters role, and because of his rookie year, and the fact that the coaches love him, I definitly am leaning towards Booker right now.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt's issue is that Booker, Westbrook, and Buck are ahead of him on the depth chart. I think he will beat out Buck, but his role will be limited because the explosiveness isn't there as it is with the other 2 guys.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Agreed, I still don't know hwo we got him for only a fourth rounder. PArcells must not have wanted him AT ALL. Hunt hasn't proven anything, but he is capable of being productive as both a runner and receiver. It still remains to be seen whether he performs to those capabilities, but there is no reason right now to think he won't. I agree with you about Booker, I definitely like what he brings to the table and think he is a much better fit in the offense for the starters role, and because of his rookie year, and the fact that the coaches love him, I definitly am leaning towards Booker right now.
Parcells has no use for smaller RB's. He always preferred guys like OJ Anderson to David Meggett's. He wants to control the clock and the line of scrimmage, then throw over the top. Sporano is a disciple and likely shares a similar philosophy.

Booker has the edge because he fits the Westbrook role. I think Hunt will get more touches this year to grind it out. Long term, Westbrook may not be with the Eagles, so it would be a Booker-Hunt thunder/lightning tandem. I don't see Westbrook with the team after 2011...

Old 07-14-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Why not, don't you think the Eagles will try to re-sign him? Or is it that he won't want to came back?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think that the Eagles will pick a point where Westbrook's upside and workload have maxed out, then they will cut him or trade him. The move will enrage all of us, but then he won't be any good at his next place, and we'll be happy. There has rarely been an older veteran player who has left the Eagles as a FA who has excelled on his new team. Derrick Burgess was signed away for massive money, so he doesn't exactly count.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Why not, don't you think the Eagles will try to re-sign him? Or is it that he won't want to came back?
Running backs have such a short life in the NFL. Plus, if he continues this productivity, he will take quite the beating and usually RBs head downhill after 30. In addition, he's going to want big money and I don't know if he will get it from this stingy team.

Remember kids, always keep $20 million of cap space for a rainy day! Even with your team having dire needs to fill.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Thats coming from a Michigan fan too, so that says something about Wells. IMO Wells is a very good prospect if he keeps improving on what he did last year. Personally, I think wells is going to be a very good RB in the NFL, I don't see any LT or AD in him right now, but he is still a very good RB, and could be the first RB taken this year IF he declares, and I'm a PSU fan, so that is also saying something about Wells.
Wells is disgusting. I think he's far and away the #1 back. No one runs with his type of power, and as he has shown numerous times, he can also break the big one. He runs like a man possessed.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't know why we're even worrying about college RB's or including them in this discussion. The Eagles don't really value RB that highly that it will matter.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think that the Eagles will pick a point where Westbrook's upside and workload have maxed out, then they will cut him or trade him. The move will enrage all of us, but then he won't be any good at his next place, and we'll be happy. There has rarely been an older veteran player who has left the Eagles as a FA who has excelled on his new team. Derrick Burgess was signed away for massive money, so he doesn't exactly count.
This is all true, I just wanted to know whether you thought he would leave over a contract issue, or if it would be due to his contract expiring.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wells is disgusting. I think he's far and away the #1 back. No one runs with his type of power, and as he has shown numerous times, he can also break the big one. He runs like a man possessed.
Are you feeling alright sniper, you do know Wells plays for OSU right...?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't know why we're even worrying about college RB's or including them in this discussion. The Eagles don't really value RB that highly that it will matter.
He was brought up before and I do agree that he will not be in the discussion at all, but I think Sniper and I wanted to get our opinions on Beanie out.