Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Leveraged Buyout

Thumbs down Johnny Jolly faces up to 20 years on drug charges

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...030/1058/PKR01

Quote:
Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly could face up to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine if convicted of a felony drug possession charge in Texas.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possessing at least 200 grams of codeine, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Harris County District Attorney's Office. He was freed July 9 after posting $10,000 bail, according to court records.

He is scheduled to be back in court for a July 22 arraignment.

It is not known if prosecutors will pursue charges of intent to distribute the drug. The charge could change after a grand jury decides whether there is probable cause to go forward in the case, said Donna Hawkins, a Harris County assistant district attorney.

Grand juries generally hear evidence within 90 days of filed charges, Hawkins said Monday.

At the July 22 arraignment, Jolly's attorney, Brian Overstreet, will have a chance to look over the charge and meet with prosecutors.

Overstreet could not be reached for comment Monday.

The Packers are scheduled to report for training camp on July 27.

If convicted on a drug charge, Jolly could be subject to discipline under the NFL's personal conduct and/or substance-abuse policies.
This has been overshadowed by the Favre saga but it's a big deal, especially since the Packers have had some injury problems at DT and lost Corey Williams. All of a sudden one of the Packers' most talented and deepest units is in serious trouble as only Ryan Pickett, Justin Harrell, Colin Cole, and Daniel Muir remain.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch, this could really hurt our chances at having a good year.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang.. Yurple is getting out and about these days. Anyone ever tried it?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This means that Justin Harrell will have to produce....oh no!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

the sky is falling in GB!
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
isn't it just cough syrup with codeine, mixed with something to make it taste good?

Essentially just like taking codeine?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

20 years in Prison.Poor bastard.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now the trade of Corey Williams doesnt look that good anymore right?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
isn't it just cough syrup with codeine, mixed with something to make it taste good?

Forgive my memory, but that's what they busted Terrance Keil for (RIP), right?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
It certainly hurts the depth of the DL with the trade of Williams and the legal problems with Jolly. Cullen Jenkins could be moved inside and then the problem would be resolved, but then there'd be a hole at RDE. How about a Favre for Jason Taylor swap?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Georgia Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. Williams was likely gone in the near future anyway because the Packers wouldn't likely give him his big pay day.

Pickett is established, and a very good anchor for the run game. Cole is solid, but unspectacular. I think those are two guys you can depend on, although Cole leaves a lot to be desired as a starter.

Harrell has all the potential in the world, he just needs to stay on the field. Missing all this time has probably stunted his development a bit but he's still a guy who can come in and be a very good player in this league.

Muir is an interesting guy who I'm glad the Packers made room for on the squad last year. He'll carve out a nice niche in the rotation if Jolly isn't available.

Overall, it's still a good unit it's just not at the level they had last year. Cullen Jenkins will likely move inside on passing downs a lot more often this year as well.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Georgia Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It certainly hurts the depth of the DL with the trade of Williams and the legal problems with Jolly. Cullen Jenkins could be moved inside and then the problem would be resolved, but then there'd be a hole at RDE. How about a Favre for Jason Taylor swap?
Jenkins was going to see more time inside on passing downs this year regardless. I think he'll stay at DE on running downs though unless somebody really establishes themself as a starting DE in training camp.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Bush View Post
Jenkins was going to see more time inside on passing downs this year regardless. I think he'll stay at DE on running downs though unless somebody really establishes themself as a starting DE in training camp.
I am aware of the fact that Jenkins is going to be moved inside on more "passing downs:, but I was trying to say full time because after Ryan Pickett you have an unproven Justin Harrell, banged up Colin Cole, and then alot of question marks w/o Jolly.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Georgia Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I am aware of the fact that Jenkins is going to be moved inside on more "passing downs:, but I was trying to say full time because after Ryan Pickett you have an unproven Justin Harrell, banged up Colin Cole, and then alot of question marks w/o Jolly.
There are question marks but I can't see the Packers moving Jenkins inside full-time unless somebody steps up in training camp at DE and looks like a starter.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Yeah Kiel was sending drank from SD-Texas I believe
Old 07-15-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I have. I got a prescription over winter break because I caught a minor case of bronchitis. When I went to the doctor, I told him purposely that my cough was keeping me awake at night, and keeping me from sleeping.

Bingo. A prescription plus one refill to Codeine-Promethezine cough syrup. Me and my roommate split a bottle, mixed it with some sprite, a shot of grey goose, and some jolly ranchers and got slizzed out while watching the LSU-Ohio State game.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-17-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forgive my memory, but that's what they busted Terrence Kiel for, right?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveraged Buyout View Post
What is it with A&M players and this stuff?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, and Keil only got a one game suspension so I'm hoping Jolly gets the same.

It sounds like as long as he wasn't distributing the charges won't be near as serious as the thread title suggests.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

It sounds like as long as he wasn't distributing the charges won't be near as serious as the thread title suggests.
Yeah, the key is the "up to" in this case, as with many others. If, however, Jolly gets an extended amount of jailtime, it's not Goodell that you need to worry about, but those iron bars. (extended in this case meaning something over 30 days) In all likelihood, he will take a fine and community service, probation and a 1-2 game suspension from Goodell.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well it all depends how they do it where you live but usally you add some other things in the mix like where im at they put alittle malt liquor in it and you gotta pake sure its Promethazine with codeine, the stuff over the counter because that gives you the best feeling
Old 07-15-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
yes

What is it with A&M players and this stuff?
Because lean is huge out in Texas. It has been for years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21st
Well it all depends how they do it where you live but usally you add some other things in the mix like where im at they put alittle malt liquor in it and you gotta pake sure its Promethazine with codeine, the stuff over the counter because that gives you the best feeling
Nothing over the counter has promethazine and codeine. It's prescription only. The stuff over the counter contains DXM.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

Wasn't the Kiel suspension Pre-Goodell? Because that really does change everything.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't the Kiel suspension Pre-Goodell? Because that really does change everything.
Goodell was made Commissioner in August of 2006, Kiel was arrested September of 2006.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

13. Do not discuss topics/issues that promote or condone breaking the law.

a) This includes pirating and copyright violations.
b) This includes illegal drugs.
c) There are 6 million other websites for that, probably with many more sympathetic users. Again, go there, discuss.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote