Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.
Default TSN: Top 25 RBs

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=434762

We need a little discussion goin on in the NFL forum.

Notes on the rankings:

Too high:
Parker
Ronnie Brown
McGahee (a tad)
Rudi Johnson

Too Low:
MBIII
Portis
Jamal Lewis
Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Westbrook love.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am disguted to just plainly agree with someone, since it's no fun whatsoever but i looked over the article and looked which names jumped on me and i had exactly the same names with the only addition that i think edge has lost more of a step than reflected by these ratings.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

McGahee at 6 and Parker at 4 don't seem right to me
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portis a bit low and Parker high stand out to me initially.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to see Westbrook getting some recognition.
BTW, Willis is too high up, IMO, and MBIII is too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally, I think Jackson should be in front of Parker, but it's anybody's argument.

Also, Marshawn Lynch in front of Joseph Addai, Fred Taylor and Marion Barber flabbergasted me.

Willis McGahee is way too high.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGahee way too high, Parker just a little too high. Jackson is better than that, he had a bad line last year. Westbrook should be #3 and Jamal Lewis should be higher too, he had arguably the best year of any AFCN last year and is 29 years old, not that old.

I will say this, with Stalloworth and Edwards keeping teams from putting 8 men in the box and with that O-Line, Lewis is gonna have a huge 2008 season.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch over Fred Taylor????
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Even though I am a massive homer, I don't understand Jamal Lewis at 21... he is going to be 29 years old and is coming off of a 1304 yard and 11 TD season on one of the best offenses in the league.

At the same time the article fawns over Fred Taylor who is several years older and Tomlinson, who has more career carries than Lewis and is the same age.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
McGahee way too high, Parker just a little too high. Jackson is better than that, he had a bad line last year. Westbrook should be #3 and Jamal Lewis should be higher too, he had arguably the best year of any AFCN last year and is 29 years old, not that old.

I will say this, with Stalloworth and Edwards keeping teams from putting 8 men in the box and with that O-Line, Lewis is gonna have a huge 2008 season.
why should Westbrook be 3?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
Even though I am a massive homer, I don't understand Jamal Lewis at 21... he is going to be 29 years old and is coming off of a 1304 yard and 11 TD season on one of the best offenses in the league.

At the same time the article fawns over Fred Taylor who is several years older and Tomlinson, who has more career carries than Lewis and is the same age.
Different style runners. Taylor and Tomlinson are more elusive than Lewis. Plus because of their versatility in the pass game they can always become very productive 3rd down backs even when they begin to lose a step.

But the magic age for rb's does seem to be 30 years of age. While of course it will differ slightly from player to player, Jamal has been a workhorse for his whole career. He may have a few good years left, but history suggests that it's downhill from here.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

To say Larry Johnson is just a straight line runner is ridiculous. This writer obviously doesn't know LJ very well.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolz at Grant that high.

And note on the bottom: Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice were both left off list due to their extreme awesomeness and they'd shame everyone else
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the explanation for Grant:

16. Ryan Grant, Green Bay Packers. Grant's '07 success was no fluke. The Packers' line play is solid and he is a strong runner who can attack between the tackles and cut to daylight.

So he is success was no fluke because he says so? nice

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Lynch is a very good RB, but no way is he better than Fred Taylor, Addai, Portis, and Barber.

Mcgahee and Parker are also too high.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook should be #3
Sacrilege. Brian Westbrook is a God amongst boys. Brian Westbrook could defeat Brian Leonard, Ray Rice, Courtney Greene, Tiquan Underwood AND Mike Teel in a fight. Right Scotty?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
why should Westbrook be 3?
B/c I think Peterson should be #2
Old 07-15-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
B/c I think Peterson should be #2
No way, Westbrook's versatility is nearly unmatched. He's a better all-around back than Peterson.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Obviously Jamal Lewis is a powerback, but he is no Earl Campbell. He is very fast, and his game is to get through the hole and into the secondary, where it is very hard for cornerbacks to tackle a 250 lb man running at full speed. Plus he is no slouch as a reciever, so to make him out to be that different than Tomlinson is a bit of a stretch.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook/AD is basically a tossup imo.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
Obviously Jamal Lewis is a powerback, but he is no Earl Campbell. He is very fast, and his game is to get through the hole and into the secondary, where it is very hard for cornerbacks to tackle a 250 lb man running at full speed. Plus he is no slouch as a reciever, so to make him out to be that different than Tomlinson is a bit of a stretch.
Jamal Lewis is very fast? Yeah right.

And Lewis has 190 career catches. Tomlinson has 458. Yes, it's that big of a difference.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Sacrilege. Brian Westbrook is a God amongst boys. Brian Westbrook could defeat Brian Leonard, Ray Rice, Courtney Greene, Tiquan Underwood AND Mike Teel in a fight. Right Scotty?
If he was a Giant, maybe. He'd probably tie. Becuz he's an iggle, he loses, but puts up a damn good fight. Probably knocks out Teel...

He's an iggle, and I still respect and like him. That's saying something
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD gets no respect again. Much too low. Maybe next year for Stewart? How bout Run DMC?? :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Honestly, Lynch is a very good RB, but no way is he better than Fred Taylor, Addai, Portis, and Barber.

Mcgahee and Parker are also too high.
I've seen it a couple of times now, I don't get all teh love barber is getting, he is fine but i honoustly think the difference between him and lynch in the ypc is at least partly due to the ol of the cowboys and the fact he splits the carries. To put it in another way, lunch has had one good year as a starter, barber has had no year as a starter whatsoever. do agree on addai and portis though.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote