Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Jamal Lewis is very fast? Yeah right.

And Lewis has 190 career catches. Tomlinson has 458. Yes, it's that big of a difference.
In Baltimore they never used him much as a receiving option, but he showed to be capable.

About his speed, just ask the Cincinnati secondary as he runs right by, and then away from them. I guess that they must be slow too.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow Grant is really becoming overrated. He is replaceable and is being seen as a great back, which isn't the case.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
In Baltimore they never used him much as a receiving option, but he showed to be capable.

About his speed, just ask the Cincinnati secondary as he runs right by, and then away from them. I guess that they must be slow too.
Well they are. Use better examples than Cincy's D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could outrun the Cincy D

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
i could outrun the Cincy D
Cincinnati's Police Force can outrun the Bengals d.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 07-15-2008 at 07:39 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:

You're right though. In Baltimore he would shuffle his feet in the backfield constantly and fall ahead for 2 yards. In Cleveland he has hit the hole hard every time.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

I think part of that is a very good offensive line coming together and great fullback play. When Mckinney went down and Ryan Tucker stepped in at right guard the running game really took off and Jamal had a dominant second half of the season.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
wow Grant is really becoming overrated. He is replaceable and is being seen as a great back, which isn't the case.
Your post there is very wrong.

1. Since when is 16th considered great?

2. Show me who we could have replaced him with this offseason

3. Him at 16th is not overated. He was 19th in yards (7th in YPC), 9th in TDs, and 3rd in runs of 20 or more yards in half a season
Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook is above AD if for no other reason his experience gives him an edge.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its amazing how just a season or two can shake up rankings so much...LJ was hurt last year with literally no line at all, and all of a sudden he is on the outside of the top 10, had this list been made after the 2006 season there would be no way he didn't make the top 5...I don't think guys should move up or down that fast due to a down season, his talent level is still better then where he is ranked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Your post there is very wrong.

1. Since when is 16th considered great?

2. Show me who we could have replaced him with this offseason

3. Him at 16th is not overated. He was 19th in yards (7th in YPC), 9th in TDs, and 3rd in runs of 20 or more yards in half a season
explain how he better then MJD.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
explain how he better then MJD.
He's not, but that has nothing to do with what you said.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Westbrook is above AD if for no other reason his experience gives him an edge.
WRONG-O! AD has had one good season, Westbrook's had what like 7? Westbrook is also a better blocker, reciever and quicker. Yea, AD is great, but c'mon, the amount of people who under-rate Westbrook is just cruel. And I'm a Giants fan for ***** sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I like the explanation for Grant:

16. Ryan Grant, Green Bay Packers. Grant's '07 success was no fluke. The Packers' line play is solid and he is a strong runner who can attack between the tackles and cut to daylight.

So he is success was no fluke because he says so? nice
I laughed at that too.

Also Clinton Portis gets no respect and Julius Jones at 25 is hillarious

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
WRONG-O! AD has had one good season, Westbrook's had what like 7? Westbrook is also a better blocker, reciever and quicker. Yea, AD is great, but c'mon, the amount of people who under-rate Westbrook is just cruel. And I'm a Giants fan for ***** sake
Well, Westbrook has only been the starter for two years, but he's been very productive even as a backup early in his career. Oddly enough, he's started two years, and owned bitches two years. He split carries with Staley and Buckhalter early on (when we actually ran the ball) and his career YPC is 4.7. Not too shabby.

And yes, he's a very good blocker, awesome receiver and is definitely quicker and shiftier than AD. He has also learned to run inside a LOT better and is a true triple threat (Inside, outside, receiving)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I laughed at that too.

Also Clinton Portis gets no respect and Julius Jones at 25 is hillarious
Julius Jones should be at 125
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From a deserving standpoint, Westbrook should be ahead of Peterson. It honestly won't last through mid-season though, as long as AD/P stays healthy til mid-season.

Here's my Top 10:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Brian Westbrook
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Steven Jackson
5. Willie Parker
6. Ronnie Brown
7. Frank Gore
8. Fred Taylor
9. Marion Barber III
10. Larry Johnson (I'm not giving up on him yet, haha)
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

My top 10 based on 2008-09 production:

1. LT
2. Brian Westbrook
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Steven Jackson
5. Clinton Portis
6. Marion Barber III
7a. Frank Gore
7b. Joseph Addai
8. Marshawn Lynch
9. Willis McGahee
10. Jamal Lewis

EDIT: Dammit, forgot Addai... cheatin a little :(

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 07-15-2008 at 10:11 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn am I the only one who thinks Addai at 10 is too low? I know hes in a good system and all but hes still an exceptional back whom I'm sure could excel in a lot of other offenses.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is as high on Frank Gore as I thought they would be. Guess that is what happens when you're on an awful team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He's not, but that has nothing to do with what you said.
well him rated over MJD is what made me say he becoming overrated....if someone is rated higher then a player, who they are not better then, that makes them overrated.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
well him rated over MJD is what made me say he becoming overrated....if someone is rated higher then a player, who they are not better then, that makes them overrated.
So I guess Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, Willis McGahee, Marshwn Lynch, Edgerrin James, Thomas Jones, Laurence Marony, among others are all overated too because there are players lower than them that are arguably better .
Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No one is as high on Frank Gore as I thought they would be. Guess that is what happens when you're on an awful team.

True, Frank Gore is a top 5 back.

1. LT
2/3. AD/ Westbrook
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Frank Gore
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

MJD>Marion Barber IMO
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think part of that is a very good offensive line coming together and great fullback play. When Mckinney went down and Ryan Tucker stepped in at right guard the running game really took off and Jamal had a dominant second half of the season.
He picked up the slack when DA was sucking and they needed him.