Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who say Grant at 16 is overated...why? Grant was essentialy a rookie like AD. The Vikings had an amazing o-line with a poor passing game last year. The Packers had a good o-line with a great passing game last year. Both RB's had about the same amount of help. AD had an amazing year except for a few games. Ryan Grant turned the Packers rushing attack from awful to one of the best. While having one of the best second half's of football over any other RB. Grant also rushed for what 220 yards against the Seahawks in the playoffs. Yes AD probably faced more 8 man fronts then Grant.

If your saying Grant's season was a fluke then AD's could be a fluke as well seeing as there both essentialy rookies. Remember the Packers had no rushing attack at all until the arrival of Grant.

Maybes hes too high, maybe ranked above someone you dont agree with, but like always its debatable. I think he got a fair rating.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
For those who say Grant at 16 is overated...why? Grant was essentialy a rookie like AD. The Vikings had an amazing o-line with a poor passing game last year. The Packers had a good o-line with a great passing game last year. Both RB's had about the same amount of help. AD had an amazing year except for a few games. Ryan Grant turned the Packers rushing attack from awful to one of the best. While having one of the best second half's of football over any other RB. Grant also rushed for what 220 yards against the Seahawks in the playoffs. Yes AD probably faced more 8 man fronts then Grant.

If your saying Grant's season was a fluke then AD's could be a fluke as well seeing as there both essentialy rookies. Remember the Packers had no rushing attack at all until the arrival of Grant.

Maybes hes too high, maybe ranked above someone you dont agree with, but like always its debatable. I think he got a fair rating.
He's overrated by quite a few. He's an average talent who broke out behind an outstanding line. When teams keyed on him, and figured him out(ala Giants) he got stuffed. granted they didn't run all that much, but still. He was fresh due to not playing the full season(which makes a difference) and teams will catch on to him. I like him, good kid, but over-rated by quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

Don't ever compare AD to Ryan Grant ever again plzkthx
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think its amazing how just a season or two can shake up rankings so much...LJ was hurt last year with literally no line at all, and all of a sudden he is on the outside of the top 10, had this list been made after the 2006 season there would be no way he didn't make the top 5...I don't think guys should move up or down that fast due to a down season, his talent level is still better then where he is ranked.
that's what i thought when i first saw the rankings........
anyways my rankings would be:

tomlinson
westbrook
peterson
---
jackson
---
portis
parker
brown
mcgahee
addai
gore
Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Don't ever compare AD to Ryan Grant ever again plzkthx
The comparison is valid and it is one that I have used before. He's not saying that Grant is as good as Peterson, It's that Grant and Peterson have the same amount of experience. Peterson has started only one more game than Grant yet Peterson is completely proven and the second best back in the NFL, and Grant unproven. That's quite a double standard.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The comparison is valid and it is one that I have used before. He's not saying that Grant is as good as Peterson, It's that Grant and Peterson have the same amount of experience. Peterson has started only one more game than Grant yet Peterson is completely proven and the second best back in the NFL, and Grant unproven. That's quite a double standard.

Because Peterson was a big time prospect coming out, and while no one expected him to be as good as he was last year, most people expected him to be a very good RB. That's not the case with Grant. He came out of nowhere.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: read a few above posts, deleted

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea...as much as it sucks Ryan Grant has alot more to prove to people than AD.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Lendale White--he of the 3.8 yards per carry--is ranked higher than Justin Fargas (4.5 yards per carry)? And Julius Jones? Come on... I'm not saying Fargas should be considered a star, but these two scrubs certainly are worse than him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I guess Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, Willis McGahee, Marshwn Lynch, Edgerrin James, Thomas Jones, Laurence Marony, among others are all overated too because there are players lower than them that are arguably better .
what are you talking about?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
that's what i thought when i first saw the rankings........
anyways my rankings would be:

tomlinson
westbrook
peterson
---
jackson
---
portis
parker
brown
mcgahee
addai
gore
I second your rankings, or the tiers should be in order as well than i would swap gore and mcgahee. I think that barber is overrated by a lot of the people on this forum tbh
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Wow, Lendale White--he of the 3.8 yards per carry--is ranked higher than Justin Fargas (4.5 yards per carry)? And Julius Jones? Come on... I'm not saying Fargas should be considered a star, but these two scrubs certainly are worse than him.
Justin Fargas is disgustingly underrated. He is one of the toughest runners in the league and definitely has some breakaway ability. His one knock is his durability, which those other two guys have also had to deal with.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Justin Fargas is disgustingly underrated. He is one of the toughest runners in the league and definitely has some breakaway ability. His one knock is his durability, which those other two guys have also had to deal with.
I love Fargas. Runs so hard I even feel the hits he receives on gameday. That said, it's tough to completely fall for a kid who's first big year was in the first year his offense utilized the ZBS, and someone who put up their biggest games against some of the poorest running defenses. He's also lost a lot of that 4.3 speed that he entered the league with after his injuries.

I like the kid a lot, but I see why people aren't jumping all over the guy.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, Frank Gore is a top 5 back.

1. LT
2/3. AD/ Westbrook
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Frank Gore
Exactly. And I am hoping this year people see that he is better than Jackson. And should be seen as such considering he hasn't ever had the benefit of a passing game to help him out.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is about 30% of the Rams passing game

Even the Miami homer that I am, can admit that Gore will never be as good as Jackson is and can be

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo Earnest Graham makes a top 25 list.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook/AD is basically a tossup imo.
I agree, but if u tell me that I can only have one this season assuming good health....I take AD without a question. I could see going the other way too tho.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
He's overrated by quite a few. He's an average talent who broke out behind an outstanding line. When teams keyed on him, and figured him out(ala Giants) he got stuffed. granted they didn't run all that much, but still. He was fresh due to not playing the full season(which makes a difference) and teams will catch on to him. I like him, good kid, but over-rated by quite a few
Teams did the exact same thing to AP as well. In his last 4 games, he was held to 2.6 YPC 2 TDs and didn't break 80 yards.

16 is about an appropriate position for Grant in this list. The only people I'd consider moving in front of him would be Jamal Lewis and MJD.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

a bit surprised that williams didn't make the list (and of the comment that's made about him). personally i'd take him over julius jones and lendale (and possibly graham)
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I agree, but if u tell me that I can only have one this season assuming good health....I take AD without a question. I could see going the other way too tho.
And I take Westbrook without a question. He runs, catches, blocks, returns punts on occasion...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DId you count the 2 playoff games?
Just curious

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
wow Grant is really becoming overrated. He is replaceable and is being seen as a great back, which isn't the case.
After breaking down the GB game, I agree. Good back, but sicker system! He fits it perfectly, which is a reflection on your GM and scouts for recognizing that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
After breaking down the GB game, I agree. Good back, but sicker system! He fits it perfectly, which is a reflection on your GM and scouts for recognizing that.
While it is a great system and a lot of his runs came on cut backs in the zone scheme, he deserves all the credit that he gets. He runs hard, never fumbles, doesn't take many yards for loss and came up big when he needed to. What more can you ask for. Most of his runs came on long plays too, so he is explosive.

Also, Brandon Jackson and others did not do nearly as well in the same system.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
While it is a great system and a lot of his runs came on cut backs in the zone scheme, he deserves all the credit that he gets. He runs hard, never fumbles, doesn't take many yards for loss and came up big when he needed to. What more can you ask for. Most of his runs came on long plays too, so he is explosive.

Also, Brandon Jackson and others did not do nearly as well in the same system.
towards the end of the season Jackson started putting up 100 yards rushing, also Wynn was doing good before his injury. And 2 years ago, Ahman and Morency were doing well for themselves in the system.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

Really happy to see Westbrook at #2. People are finally starting to come around and see just how good he is. Peterson ahead of Westbrook is nuts. Peterson is a monster, but let's hold off on the Hall Of Fame Ballot until he plays some more.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote