Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
towards the end of the season Jackson started putting up 100 yards rushing, also Wynn was doing good before his injury. And 2 years ago, Ahman and Morency were doing well for themselves in the system.
Jackson put up 100 yards once against the Lions, other then that he averaged about 2 yards a carry, granted after week 1 and 2 he was rarely handed the ball he was so ineffective. DeShawn Wynn did alright but no where close to Ryan Grant's production/effectiveness.

Ahman Green was one of the top backs in the NFL during his prime and Green Bay didnt run a zone blocking scheme for most of his time here. Morency did good 2 years ago but didnt play last year or match Ryan Grant's production. Grant may be another Samkon Gado who knows.... just want him signed to a fair deal and see what he can do with a whole season.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Jackson put up 100 yards once against the Lions, other then that he averaged about 2 yards a carry, granted after week 1 and 2 he was rarely handed the ball he was so ineffective. DeShawn Wynn did alright but no where close to Ryan Grant's production/effectiveness.

Ahman Green was one of the top backs in the NFL during his prime and Green Bay didnt run a zone blocking scheme for most of his time here. Morency did good 2 years ago but didnt play last year or match Ryan Grant's production. Grant may be another Samkon Gado who knows.... just want him signed to a fair deal and see what he can do with a whole season.
I do, and he's nothing like Samkon Gado
Old 07-16-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I do, and he's nothing like Samkon Gado
I wasn't saying he is Samkon Gado or similar just that he could be a one year wonder. Seeing how ineffective our rushing attack was until Grant showed up, leaves me hope that he was part of the reason it improved so much.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I wasn't saying he is Samkon Gado or similar just that he could be a one year wonder. Seeing how ineffective our rushing attack was until Grant showed up, leaves me hope that he was part of the reason it improved so much.
I know you weren't, but I've seen people say it before and there's nothing behind it. They were both in RBs that started midseason for the Packers; the similarities pretty much end there. They are completely different runners and Grant has a lot more talent. I'm amazed that Gado had the success that he did because he really wasn't good.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parker and McGahee are certainly too high and am I the only one who thinks Marshawn Lynch is overrated? I mean he had a decent rookie season but nothing worthy of top ten recognition
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
While it is a great system and a lot of his runs came on cut backs in the zone scheme, he deserves all the credit that he gets. He runs hard, never fumbles, doesn't take many yards for loss and came up big when he needed to. What more can you ask for. Most of his runs came on long plays too, so he is explosive.

Also, Brandon Jackson and others did not do nearly as well in the same system.
He has great vision, and good speed, and very good agility, which is why the Packers wanted him for that specific zone system. They run alot of formations with 2 full backs, and run inside zone, and outside zone playside, and they run a simple lead backside, and all grant has to do is read playside, and if he doesn't like what's going on, just follow the backside FB leading on the backside LB.

And they do this from every formation, and tag their TE and bring him back into the backfield as a full back. While Grant is a good back for that system, it's really the creativity on offense, in terms of plays drawn up, and formations installed they use. Also, a good o-line helps make it even easier for Grant.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote