Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default 2009 Eagles Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
With our aging OT's and the CB situation in flux, plus other needs (possibly at S), the Eagles aren't going to take a RB in round 1, even with 2 picks. That means Wells won't be an Eagle in all likelihood. Let's continue to stay on target here. Discuss the topic. If you want to discuss next years' draft, create a thread for it...
Ok bsaza I will.

What do you think the Eagles will do?
Personally I really want the Eagles to get William Moore and Eugene Monroe.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

So, back to the discussion we were having in the Hunt or Booker thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
There are very few RBs who enter the NFL who can't catch nowdays, but yes there are definitely some that are much more natural receivers. I think soemthing that Wesbrook has spoiled us with the past few years is he is the PERFECT WCO RB. We don't need someone exactly like him or Marshall Faulk in terms of receiving ability, but we definitely do need who can catch the ball and do something with it. Wells is one of those guys, and to be honest, he could fit in almost any offense. I agree about Hunt, if he doesn't improve that much, he very well may be gone.
Wells is a guy who can fit in every offense but, will he be the best fit available?

and next year there are a few players who fit the system better than Wells:
LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
Javon Ringer RB Michigan St.
Arian Foster RB Tennesee
Ian Johnson RB Boise St.
Jeremiah Johnson RB Oregon
Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
Marlon Lucky RB Nebraska
CJ Spiller RB Clemson

On a side note:
DeMarco Murray Oklahoma's starting RB is from Vegas! He is now one of my favorite prospects

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 07-16-2008 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
So, back to the discussion we were having in the Hunt or Booker thread...

Wells is a guy who can fit in every offense but, will he be the best fit available?

and next year there are a few players who fit the system better than Wells:
LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
Javon Ringer RB Michigan St.
Arian Foster RB Tennesee
Ian Johnson RB Boise St.
Jeremiah Johnson RB Oregon
Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
Marlon Lucky RB Nebraska
CJ Spiller RB Clemson

On a side note:
DeMarco Murray Oklahoma's starting RB is from Vegas! He is now one of my favorite prospects
All you did there was name the top RB prosects. Arian Foster isn't exactly a better fit than Wells, and neither are Ian or Jeremiah Johnson. I'm not saying they are bad prospects, but they are not a better fit for the WCO than Wells. Plus when you take into account Wells' overall ability, I would take him over any of those guys.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Milliam Moore, and hope that the Eagles strongly consider him come draft time, unless he drops drastically in poroduction or suffers a serious injury, but the chances of him suddenly losing his palying ability are very slow, and injuries are impossible to predict. I really haven't spent too much time on OTs yet, but there are a few at the top who would garner consideration from the Eagles possibly.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
I really like Milliam Moore, and hope that the Eagles strongly consider him come draft time, unless he drops drastically in poroduction or suffers a serious injury, but the chances of him suddenly losing his palying ability are very slow, and injuries are impossible to predict. I really haven't spent too much time on OTs yet, but there are a few at the top who would garner consideration from the Eagles possibly.
William Moore or bust IMO. He is the only rd.1 safety I want the Eagles to grab.

SS
I think Courtney Greene and Nic Harris would be upgrades a SS. They are both "in the box safeties" and are OK in pass coverage as well.

FS
I really like Patrick Chung and Micheal Hamlin in rd.2. These 2 are SS prospects on any other team but, The FS in the eagles scheme has to be big and good in pass and run play.
I like Nate Allen out of South Florida as a FS prospect. He is a productive guy in both the run and pass:
86 Tackles, 2 TFL, 4 INT, 3 FR, 1 FF

There are a few OT prospects that the Eagles should take a long look at.
LT- Rd.1
  • Eugene Monroe is the prototype LT, he is 6'5" and 315 lbs. Many have him above Micheal Oher
Quote:
2007: Honorable mention All-ACC selection … underrated performer who was overpowering during the season … started 11 games at left tackle, missing the Pittsburgh and Middle Tennessee games with a knee injury ... did not allow a sack during the regular season ... was the line's top grader on five occasions ... had 20 knockdown blocks during the regular season ... season-high six knockdown blocks vs. North Carolina and was named the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week ... had four knockdowns vs. both Connecticut and Maryland.
  • Micheal Oher is compared to Orlando Pace as a prospect. Many think that he is the best OT prospect in years. 6'5" 318 lbs.
Quote:
2007: Named Fourth Team All-America by Phil Steele … Consensus First Team All-SEC selection … Named Mid-Season All-America first team by The Sporting News and a fourth team by Phil Steele, who also listed him on his All-SEC first team … Started all 12 games at left tackle… Helped pave the way for Green-Ellis' 1,137 rushing yards, which ranks second on the school's single-season chart.
  • Andre Smith is being compared to Willie Roaf, he is a road grader at LT and many believe that he can play G if neccessary. I think he is similar to Shawn Andrews only as a LT in college instead of a RT. Not alot of people believe he will come out though. 6'5" 340 lbs.
Quote:
2007: Was a co-winner of the SEC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy along with Arkansas' Jonathan Luigs ... 2007 Coaches First-Team All-SEC selection ... Started every game at the left tackle position, one of two players to start every game on the offensive line
  • Ciron Black is another "prototype" LT at 6'5" and 316 lbs. He is the 4th OT prospect and he is a top-20 prospect. This is a really good year for OTs. He was 2nd team all-SEC

RT
  • Phil Loadholt is a mauler at LT but he will be a RT. He is the tallest player in Oklahoma History. He has the build of Jon Runyan. The question is, will he be Jon Runyan or Geoerge Foster? 2nd round prospect
  • Alex Boone is a LT in college who I think will move to RT in the pros. He is another guy in the mold of Jon Runyan. He plays an important role in blocking for Beanie Wells. Second Team all big 10. 2nd Round Prospect
  • Sam Young plays both LT and RT for Notre Dame and while he is inconsistent, he has all the physical tools to succeed. He is also in the build of a Jon Runyan. He has started in 25 straight games. 2nd-3rd Round prospect.
  • Adam Ulatoski is a RT for the Texas Longhorns. He has injury issues, but he has all the physical tools to make it in the NFL. He is an imposing figure on the offensive line with his 6-8 frame, Can play guard if need be. An honorable mention for the All-Big XII Team. 2nd Round Prospect.
  • Duke Robinson has the size to play T at 6'5" and 338 lbs. He is a road-grader in the run game, the type of OG/OT that doesn't come around very often.
Quote:
AFCA, AP, The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated first team All-American ... All-Big 12 first team by the coaches and Associated Press ... starter at left guard ... caught a deflected pass and advanced it eight yards vs. A&M ... started 13 games, only exception was Texas A&M game ... graded at 85% for the season with 663 plays and 97 knockdowns ... had a knockdown best of 13 against Miami.
  • Herman Johnson is another OG who can play RT. He is in the build of Jon Runyan at 6'7" 348 lbs. He is an imposing figure on the line.
Quote:
Mammoth size with dominant strength ... Very long arms ... Great pancake block ability ... Solid athleticism to pull and trap ... Getting better at picking up blitzes ... Nice hand punch ... Mentally tough and doesn't wear down in the fourth quarter ... Extremely strong hands and can manhandle opponents ... Great in short-yardage and goal-line situations ... A lot of experience ... Could be worked out at right tackle ... Extremely high upside.
  • Kraig Urbik plays both RG and RT in college and is a big lineman at 6'6" and 328 lbs. Has started 39 straight games (first 13 at right tackle, next 23 at right guard and last three at right tackle). All second-team big 10
Old 07-16-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not sure who's better Monroe or Oher but I know i'm getting a man-crush on Oher and Moore lately. If we could nab one of those LTs AND Moore somehow that would be amazing. Moore could learn from a amazing FS in Dawkins and Oher or Monroe can protect the blindside for many years to come.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Oher and Smith as the clear cut top two LTs. As for safeties Nic Harris would be awesome with the later of our 2 picks. And if we unfortunetley have two top picks Taylor Mays would be great aswell.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I have Oher and Smith as the clear cut top two LTs. As for safeties Nic Harris would be awesome with the later of our 2 picks. And if we unfortunetley have two top picks Taylor Mays would be great aswell.
Taylor Mays will bust, he isn'r as good against the run as he should be for a S his size. He isn't great in space and so far the only thing he has done is have amazing work-out numbers.

William Moore FTW!! Best Safety in the draft.

Nic Harris is 2nd round material. He isn't that great against the pass, he is a classic in the box safety.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

As of right now, draft stock is pretty much irrelevant, so there is really no point to saying whether a player will go anywhere, because as wee know, so much can change in a week, and we have almost a full year to go before the draft. Though I will say this, everybody is locked in on S and OT already, we need to at least keep open the other possibilities. Say if Gocng doesn't develop as he has so far, we may need a new SAM. If Westbrook loses a step and neither Booker or Hunt develop, RB could also be possible. If Abiamiri doesn't pan out, we could also need LE, and lets not forget that LJ Smith probably won't be around much longer. I'm not saying that any of those things will happen, I actually expect all of those players to be fine, and more than fine, but it seems that a lot of people are prematurely locking n on certain positions and certain players at those positions. I am guilty oif those same things, but I'm trying not to get too into it That being said, Moore/Monroe or Moore/Oher or Moore/Smith would be fantastic. I'm just trying not to get my hopes up for specific guys, especially so early, because the chances of the Eagles picking exactly who we want is very unlikely.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

BTW EF 45 I love the Moore vid. It is very ironic how everybody is saying he is the next Brian Dawkins. Look at his celebration after the first INT (I beleive its the first, it may be second) He rears his whole body back and flexes his body and it reminds me so much of what Dawk does after a big play.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
BTW EF 45 I love the Moore vid. It is very ironic how everybody is saying he is the next Brian Dawkins. Look at his celebration after the first INT (I beleive its the first, it may be second) He rears his whole body back and flexes his body and it reminds me so much of what Dawk does after a big play.

huh, OMG Their TWINS!!!!11!1
Old 07-18-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah I did notice that too actually in the other Moore thread, It may have been in the vid, but there are waaaay too many similarites, it is almost freaky.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

I actually wouldn't mind if the Eagles drafted Phil Loadholt.

All of his problems (from what I've read) are fundamental issues that can be solved and the Eagles' o-line coach is really good from my understanding. Phil has so much potential, and if he doesn't work out at RT then he could be a good G. Plus, he plays LT in college so you never know.....
Old 07-20-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

But as of now, LT is more of a pressing need than RT. Both are concerns yes, but I think that the Eagles would be best served to go after one of the many LT prospects that would be available in next year's draft. We do have Justice as a RT, and Herremans could also possibly make that transition, so there are two guys there that could be possible replacements at RT. And yes Justice is also a possible replacment at LT too, but that is the only real possibility we have at a future LT, and from what we saw before RT looks to be a much better option.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

http://phi.scout.com/a.z?s=67&p=2&c=770737

I want him to be an Eagle sooo bad.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Man EF 45 you need to stop showing me stuff on him. The more I see the more I like, and it is becoming very hard for me not to zone right in on him as THE target. Stop it, I don't want to see anymore:D, oh but I do.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Another Safety I really like is Courtney Greene at SS and if we could get Moore in Rd.1 and Greene in Rd.2 I would be extremely happy. The Eagles would have the safety duo of the future.

There are actually a few SS prospects I really like-

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson
Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina (Bob Sanders Jr.)
Chris Clemons, SS, Clemson
Old 07-24-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I too am a fan of Greene and Chung. Both are definitely SS prospects, and both have been productive at good level of competition. I don't know much about the others though, but hey If we go with Chris Clemons for a SS pick, we will have two Chris Clemons' on the team. That would psyche teams out enough to win by the opponents brain aneurism!:D!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

In one of your posts you said you were seeing william Moore as the only target. So I will throw out some day 1 names that I think the Eagles should target because they fit the systems.

WR-

Quote:
Receiver play: Wideouts in the West Coast offense obviously have to run very precise and sharp routes with the ability to separate from opposing defensive backs. What may be even more important, however, is the ability to make plays after the catch. This was a big reason why someone such as wide receiver Terrell Owens (Dallas Cowboys) was such a big-time player in the system.
The posistion that the Eagles need is:
Quote:
Split End: This position is generally reserved for a more possession-type receiver that has a good release off the line, because the split end must line up on the line of scrimmage on the weak side of the field.
Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech 6'3" 210 lbs 4.48 40- He is an ideal WCO WR from what I know about him.

Kenny Britt, Rutgers 6'4" 205 lbs. 4.50 40-Britt runs clean routes, and has very good ball skills. He uses his body well to shield defensers away so he can make a tough catch.

Brian Robiskie, Ohio State 6'3" 197 4.48 40-Best Route Runner in the class

All of these guys have good - great size for a WR, which is neccesary because in a WCO the team uses the passing game as the running game by throwing short passes and it is a good thinhg if the WR is able to get YAC

TE

At TE you can be strictly a recieving TE and suceed in a WCO so, this draft class is laden with guys like that. There are to many to list, Just know that I like Jermaine Gresham out of Oklahoma, he is Sam Bradford's life line and the draft classes best TE.

OT-
See a couple posts above

LB-

Aaron Curry, Wake Forest- 6-3 241 lbs 4.58 40- He is a really good OLB who if Gocong doesn't play well Curry could replace him at SLB

Rey Maualuga, USC- (ILB) I don't really need to talk about him that much, he is one of the more well known prospects. I think he will be a great line backer he is a Junior Seau clone.

Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia- (ILB) 6'1" 232 lbs. 4.53 40- He is my personal favorite and he is a leader on the tough Georgia defense. If Gocong doesn't pan out, it could force Stewart Bradley back to SLB and allow Ellerbe to start.

CB-

(only if the Eagles get rid of Lito)
The Eagles use a balance of zone and man so the Eagles have some freedom when it comes to CB's who fit the system, as shown by the style diversity the Eagles have now. Particularly the difference between Lito and Asasnte.

Mike Mickens, Cincinnati- 6'0" 180 lbs. 4.45 40- he is a playmaker in the secondary and he can also return kicks, I prefer him over Vontae Davis and Malcolm Jenkins. He is a good man cover man.

Darius Butler, Connetcticut- 5'11" 186 lbs 4.36 40- an excellent athlete, who is a playmaker at CB, with 4 ints last year he is also a dynamite KR.

Trevard Lindley, Kentucky- 6' 177 lbs. 4.41 40- he is a master of the press coverage. A major contributor on the breakout Kentucky team last year.

Domonique Johnson, Jackson State- 6'2" 190 lbs. 4.34 40- He is a Cromartie clone (you choose either one). Protoypical CB, he is big and fast.

I also really like Morgan Trent of Michigan

S

William Moore is a given so I'm going to give you some other names.
Patrick Chung and Courtney Greene were already talked about.

Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State- 5'10" 196 lbs. 4.43 40- He is just like Quintin Demps, a dynamic playmaker who can play FS, CB, SS and return kicks.

Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina- 5'10 214 lbs. 4.47 lbs.- He is a Bob Sanders clone. He lacks size but like Bob Sanders, he plays all out every play.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

This needs to be settled, the Eagles DO NOT want Taylor Mays.

Reason Being #1 Taylor Mays is a SS prospect not a FS prospect, The Eagles need a FS to replace FS Brian Dawkins. Not a SS!

STRENGTHS
Speed
Hands
Size
Weaknesses
Backpedal Quickness
Change of Direction
Toughness
Technique
Tackling

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Taylor Mays is probably the most overrated player in next years draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Mays is very overrated, he isn't in the top 5 as far as college safeties go

1. Moore
2. Harris
3. Chung
4. Pegues (I think he will make the move)
5. Chancellor
Taylor Mays size makes him such an intriguing prospect. The combination of being 6'4, 225 and an estimated 40 time of 4.4, makes him scary. Even though he has incredible size and speed, he needs to work on his technique a lot if he is going to be a star. He can't really turn with receivers and you will see him stumble when he goes to turn his hips. Mays likes to go for big hits, but he needs to learn to wrap up if he is going to rack up tackling numbers in the NFL.

Really, he is a quicker version of Roy Williams, and like Roy Williams he is great in college but in the pro's I don't think Mays will make it.

The whole USC defense is overrated-
Fili Moala is a 2nd round prospect not top-5
Brian Cushing is a late 1st early 2nd prospect not top-20
Taylor Mays is a late rd.1 prospect

the only prospect that I believe deserves their early rd.1 grade is Rey Mualuga
Old 07-26-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

EF 45, I was trying not to zone in on Moore, but it is very difficult, he just brings so much to the table. And yes we may need a SS, as we do not have a true starter there either. Considine is good, IMO, but we could certianly upgrade there. Mikell is battling for the starters role, that should not be the case, even though ZI really lik eMikell, he just isn't starting calibur. I still say the verdict is out on mays. If he has a good season this year for USC, sure, I wouldn't mind at all if the Eagles took him, as long as Moore is gone of course. I also like Green and Chung and Pegues.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
This needs to be settled, the Eagles DO NOT want Taylor Mays.

Reason Being #1 Taylor Mays is a SS prospect not a FS prospect, The Eagles need a FS to replace FS Brian Dawkins. Not a SS!
Quintin Demps deserves a chance to pan out, he is exactly what we want at FS. He doesn't have the run support ability of Dawkins, but that is just a nice bonus. SS is where we really need help. We could easily improve over Mikell and Considine. That is one of the weakest parts of our defense IMO.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Quintin Demps deserves a chance to pan out, he is exactly what we want at FS. He doesn't have the run support ability of Dawkins, but that is just a nice bonus. SS is where we really need help. We could easily improve over Mikell and Considine. That is one of the weakest parts of our defense IMO.
I agree 100%, that pretty much what I sadi in my previous post. Like you, I think Demps deserves that chance, and he is playing well enough right now and he is showing a lot of promise. I won't say he WILL be our future FS, but he definitley has a great chance to be our future FS. He has so much playmaking ability, and with proper tutelage from the coaches and Dawk, he could have a bright future. I still like Moore though, he has the size to play SS, that is for sure. He has the athleticism and is solid in run suppport and can lay the big hit. I honestly think he could play either Safety spot in the NFL, from what I have seen of him. The question theree is, (if for some reason the Eagles draft Moore) will he be under-utilized at that position? I want to see what EF 45 says about this, as he seems to have a permanent hard-on for Moore. (As he should I might add.) Its OK EF 45, I feel something moving down there soemtimes when his name is mentioned too.:D

Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree 100%, that pretty much what I sadi in my previous post. Like you, I think Demps deserves that chance, and he is playing well enough right now and he is showing a lot of promise. I won't say he WILL be our future FS, but he definitley has a great chance to be our future FS. He has so much playmaking ability, and with proper tutelage from the coaches and Dawk, he could have a bright future. I still like Moore though, he has the size to play SS, that is for sure. He has the athleticism and is solid in run suppport and can lay the big hit. I honestly think he could play either Safety spot in the NFL, from what I have seen of him. The question theree is, (if for some reason the Eagles draft Moore) will he be under-utilized at that position? I want to see what EF 45 says about this, as he seems to have a permanent hard-on for Moore. (As he should I might add.) Its OK EF 45, I feel something moving down there soemtimes when his name is mentioned too.:D
Ya I gotcha. With the range I've seen he has just from his videos it would be a waste to not let him play some center field and free lance a bit. Rather than plug him in the box like we did with Michael Lewis. Moore sounds awesome, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see us bring in a safety of any sort. After all if you cared to waste your time looking through my posts, the guy I wanted and talked up a ton in 2006 was Michael Griffin, and this year I really wanted Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I do remember you were hot on Michael Griffin last year, and I was one of those guys too. I was sooo disapointed when the titans got him. I truly think the Eagles would have picked him if he was available, but that is just speculation. I too like Kenny Phillips, I think he will be a tough opponenet, and wish the Eagles could have gotten him, but we got a first rounder next year, and a player who will make an impact right away in DeSean Jackson. Personnally, I wanted Griffin more than I wanted Phillips, but I definitely wanted both when they were coming out. I really do like Moore, but unless the Panthers have a year like last year, I don't think he will be avialable with our pick. To be honest I think by the time the draft nears, I will like Moore more than any of the guys over the past two years, excluding Laron Landry of course. I've been at Eagles camp, and besides Booker, Quintin Demps has impressed me the most of all the players, and I really think he could end up a great player. He already has the knack for finding the ball, which you can't teach, but the things he does need improvement on are all things that can be taught. He takes great angles to the ball while it is in the air, and going to the ball while it is on the ground is no different. In fact, some may say it is easier because...One, It is at eye level already, you don't have to extend yourself to find it, and two, as a FS, the whole field is in front of you in run situations, and you can control your body while moving forward better than any side-to-side or backwards motion. Demps is a good tackler too, its just it has gone unnoticed because of his other attributes. Of course it could be improved, but with strength conditioning and other training methods, he will be able to produce in th run deense as well. This defense can be successful with almost any type of safeties. A major misconception with Dawk is that he is a run-stopping FS. That is not the case. He is balanced, which is one of the things that makes him great. He doesn't have a weakness in his game. There is no doubt that Demps is better against the pass right now, but with proper trainign and teaching, he could end up a good all-around FS. This is not saying he will be anywhere near as good as Dawk, which I will not say that right now, but I will say that Demps has the potential to be a great FS. Read Scott's bio on him if you have time. One of his comments is something along the lines of "never underestimate Demps, as he has the type of mentality and work ethic to prove you wrong". To be honest though, if we would get Moore as well, and our future Safeties would be those two, that really eliminates any weaknesses on our defense for the future. That would be scary.