Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Moore was more of a FS. We could get Nic Harris in the late 1st or early 2nd that would fill our safety needs for the future.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are right, but he also has the run stopping ability and the ability to make the big hits. His size is more like that of a SS, so that wouldn't be a problem. I was just putting it there as a possibility, as I know he is more of a FS, but he has so much talent, and all of the tools to do either safety spot. I was just putting it out there to get opinions from everyone, in particular EF 45, who has a man-crush on him. Watching him play, he hits hard and takckles well, in addition to his abilities in the passing game. IMO, he looks like he could play SS in the Eagles defense, because they are called on to cover, they aren't just an in the box type of guy. Moore has has so much talent that I think he could succeed at either Safety spot.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

So here is a quick mock I did- (Sniper I already know that early mocks are dumb)
1st(Car.)- William Moore FS Missouri
1st- Ciron Black LT LSU
2nd- Derrick Williams WR Penn State
3rd- Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
4th- George Hypolite DT Colorado
5th- Dave Philistin LB Maryland
5th- DeAndre Wright CB New Mexico
6th- Brannan Southerland FB Georgia
6th- Nate Longshore QB Cal
7th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest

William Moore is a great prospect and a favorite of mine as many of you know but lately I've been warming up to some SS prospects Particularly Kam Chancellor (Virginia Tech) and Emmanuel Cook (South Carolina). With Quintin Demps lighting up TC I think that the Eagles can focus more on a SS.

I also think the Eagles need another LE. When Victor Abiamiri went down, the Eagles were forced to play Darren Howard and Jaqua Parker (who are good BTW). But both Parker and Howard are getting older, and Howard is on his last leg with the Eagles. I would like the Eagles to try and get their version of Justin Tuck. I really like Pannel Egboh (Stanford) and Lawrence Wilson (Ohio State) to fill that role.

I am really coming to like Percy Harvin and think that he could be amazing in the Eagles offense. In some recent pictures of him he looks more like a RB than a WR and he could line-up at RB in the Eagles offense at RB and succeed due to his recieving abilities and he can line up at WR and be a Steve Smith like playmaker. He would also add yet another weapon to the emerging special teams unit. Imagine having Harvin, Jackson, Curtis, Westbrook and Booker lining up on the field at the same time . He is compared to Reggie Bush and Peter Warrick in terms of gameplay style and I really think that Harvin would be a great fit for the offense wether it be at RB or WR.

Everyone Thinks of the Eagles RB as a strong point on the team and they are right but next season could be different. Tony Hunt could very well lose his spot on the roster to Ryan Moats. Ryan Moats and Corell Buckhalter are going to be FA next year so reinforcements are going to be needed. The 2 I really want on the Eagles are DeMarco Murray (Oklahoma) and Mike Goodson (Texas A&M).
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
So here is a quick mock I did- (Sniper I already know that early mocks are dumb)
1st(Car.)- William Moore FS Missouri
1st- Ciron Black LT LSU
2nd- Derrick Williams WR Penn State
3rd- Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
4th- George Hypolite DT Colorado
5th- Dave Philistin LB Maryland
5th- DeAndre Wright CB New Mexico
6th- Brannan Southerland FB Georgia
6th- Nate Longshore QB Cal
7th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest

William Moore is a great prospect and a favorite of mine as many of you know but lately I've been warming up to some SS prospects Particularly Kam Chancellor (Virginia Tech) and Emmanuel Cook (South Carolina). With Quintin Demps lighting up TC I think that the Eagles can focus more on a SS.

I also think the Eagles need another LE. When Victor Abiamiri went down, the Eagles were forced to play Darren Howard and Jaqua Parker (who are good BTW). But both Parker and Howard are getting older, and Howard is on his last leg with the Eagles. I would like the Eagles to try and get their version of Justin Tuck. I really like Pannel Egboh (Stanford) and Lawrence Wilson (Ohio State) to fill that role.

I am really coming to like Percy Harvin and think that he could be amazing in the Eagles offense. In some recent pictures of him he looks more like a RB than a WR and he could line-up at RB in the Eagles offense at RB and succeed due to his recieving abilities and he can line up at WR and be a Steve Smith like playmaker. He would also add yet another weapon to the emerging special teams unit. Imagine having Harvin, Jackson, Curtis, Westbrook and Booker lining up on the field at the same time . He is compared to Reggie Bush and Peter Warrick in terms of gameplay style and I really think that Harvin would be a great fit for the offense wether it be at RB or WR.

Everyone Thinks of the Eagles RB as a strong point on the team and they are right but next season could be different. Tony Hunt could very well lose his spot on the roster to Ryan Moats. Ryan Moats and Corell Buckhalter are going to be FA next year so reinforcements are going to be needed. The 2 I really want on the Eagles are DeMarco Murray (Oklahoma) and Mike Goodson (Texas A&M).
I like the first four picks, otherwise, I know very little about the players as propects, so I will not comment of the mock.

Abiamiri is our Justin Tuck, once he comes back we are set with Parker and Clemons at LE. Howard has looked real good and has made plays, he may not have long left here, but we have Bryan Smith as one of the backups to Cole. If we only carry 5 DEs, we are set there as well. McDougle once again is on the chopping block.

I like Harvin, but I really don't think he is the #1 the Eagles are looking for. We already have the WR/RB guy in Booker, we don't need two of them.

Hunt will not lose his roster spot, Moats is not going to make the team this year, he just hasn't done enough. I think the Eagles will attempt to re-sign Bucky, but if not, with Booker and Hunt, it is also not a thing to worry about.

Did you create saer? GE 77 thinks so and after looking at both of the two profiles, there are some striking resemblences.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

who? (10 char)
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The guy is saer. He writes a lot like you do, and likes the Sacramento Kings and the Eagles, just like you. You can say if it is you, its just dumb to have two usernames if you ask me.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Walterfootball has a 2009 and 2010 mock draft up and the picks are-

Rd.1
Ciron Black LT LSU
Myron Rolle SS FSU
Rd.2
Greg Middleton DE Indiana
Rd.3
Aaron Kelly WR Clemson

Rd.1
Anthony Davis LT/RT/LG/RG Rutgers

I I were to do it, it would be (based on who's still on the board)

2009-
Ciron Black
William Moore
Derrick Williams
Travis Beckum

Carlos Dunlap

I have no problem with the Anthony Davis pick but 2 OT in the top 15 picks in a row? Andy Reid isn't that dumb (I hope). They had the Eagles picking at #6 in 2010.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I do not like Rolle, I am one of the many who in not really in favor of him, but Black is a good pick, I prefer Monroe, but that is just me. I will not comment on the 2010 pick, as I know literally nothing about him, or almost any other 2010 prospect for that matter. Derrick Williams would have to show a lot this year for me to truly want him as an Eagle. He has plenty of athletic ability yes, but he hasn't shown enough to develop into a #1 in college, let alone the NFL. Beckum is a manchild, I am a big fan of him.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

I think it is time for the Eagles to get a new K, Akers just doesn't seem like his former self.

Also tonight it was painfully apparent that the Eagles need WR help. DeSean is playing amazingly but he can't do it all. Kevin Curtis couldn't catch a thing, Reggie Brown is out indefinitely and Baskett isn't physical enough for a guy his size.

I really want the Eagles to either get Micheal Crabtree, Kenny Britt or Brian Robiskie

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 08-14-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think it is time for the Eagles to get a new K, Akers just doesn't seem like his former self.

Also tonight it was painfully apparent that the Eagles need WR help. DeSean is playing amazingly but he can't do it all. Kevin Curtis couldn't catch a thing, Reggie Brown is out indefinitely and Baskett isn't physical enough for a guy his size.

I really want the Eagles to either get Micheal Crabtree, Kenny Britt or Brian Robiskie
Give Akers time, its the preseason, the conditions were poor, and it wasn't like it was a chip shot to begin with. Akers has looked great except for that one miss. Don't forget last week, kickoff went soaring out of the endzone, and he had a FG, didn't miss any. I was saying in another thread, Richmond McGee could make it in the NFL as a kicker, maybe he would be the fill-in. Rocca looked great last night though.
The Eagles do need WR help, but it will only help them if they get that true dominant #1 WR, another #2 is not going to do much, and a #3 may not even make the team. But our WRs are fine. Once again, this game really isn't going to tell us much because of the condidtions. If Reggie is out for long that will ddefinitely hurt, but Baskett and Avant are capable fill-ins. Why so pessimistic?

Old 08-15-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Those 2 posistions were needs before last night, but last night really sold it for me. The WRs looked atrocious out there, Kevin Curtis was dropping the football like it was nobodies buisness. Hank Baskett was looking bad, he isn't physical enough, he lets guys take him out of plays and he let a perfectly thrown ball bounce of his helmet, Kolb placed that perfectly and he would have been gone for a big gain. Jason Avant is good but he isn't ever going to be anything more than a #2 or a #3 guy. Reggie Brown has been a bust for us out there so far and now he is nursing 2 injuries. I am not ruling the group out, they just havn't impressed me in the 2 pre-season games.

DeSean Jackson on the other hand... I think he will challenge Reggie Brown for that #2 spot very soon (now). DeSean was the best reciever out there and he wasn't even wearing gloves out there in all that rain. DeSean has set the standard for the Eagles WR this pre-season and no one else is even coming close to his level.

David Akers, is getting older as you know. He is aging like milk, instead of fine wine. He was 16.7% in the 40-49 yd range and 25% in the 50+ yd range last season. He hasn't kicked over 80% in 3 years. I don;t care about conditions, weather is part of football, regardless of the weather you still need to get it done. The backup K/P Richmond McGee nailed a 40 yarder in those same conditions, so.... The Eagles need a replacement this offseason.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2009-
Ciron Black
William Moore
Derrick Williams
Travis Beckum
If the Eagles would draft Derrick Williams at any time before round 5, I would likely quit being an Eagles fan. The guy couldn't even crack 10 ypc last year. He's a joke. If he wouldn't have been the Rivals #1 player in 05, no one would give two shits about him. He's a poor man's DeSean Jackson
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

So here are my thoughts for the Eagles 2009 Draft a few weeks ahead of the regular season-

QB- I would like to get a guy to groom as Kolb's #2 who is destined to be his back-up forever.

RB- I think that the Eagles might benifit from getting a RB, Corell Buckhalter is going into FA and Ryan Moats is probably going to be released. Maybe a Undrafted FA or a late round pick for a RB.

WR- One of my biggest needs for the Eagles, They really need a young complement to DeSean Jackson, so the Eagles could be set at #1 and #2 for a long time and for the first time.

TE- Depends on how LJ Smith performs, if he does badly, I would want to bring in a 3rd-4th round guy. If he does well, bring him back.

LT- With Herramens and Dunlap doing really well this pre-season I think the need for a LT is smaller. But, I still want a second round or third round guy as insurance.

RT- Absolutely no need for a RT. So many guys on the Eagles team can play RT that it isn't funny. Shawn Andrews, Mike McGlynn, Mike Gibson, Winston Justice, Todd Herramens and King Dunlap.

OG- Bring in 1 more OG because one (if not more) of the OG's is likely moving out to OT next year.

C- No, bring in some UDFA to challenge Nick Cole.

DE- Only if the Eagles lose Darren Howard and Jerome McDougle would I be happy with the Eagles taking a late round guy, I think the Eagles are stacked at this posistion.

DT- NO WAY would I tolerate Andy Reid drafting a DT in the first 4 rounds of the draft. There really isn't a 4th guy so a late rounder is possible.

LB- Just need some depth.

CB- No, the Eagles are stacked, especially since Jack Ikegwounu will be back.

S- Yes to SS maybe to FS, preferably I'd like to get a guy who can play both *cough* William Moore *cough* but with Quintin Demps looking to be a decent option at FS I think the Eagles could afford to move their intrests to a SS. Get a de[th pick at FS.

K- Yes, David Akers is getting old and is not the K he once was
P- Sav Rocca is 35 so maybe

Heres a mock I threw together-

1st- Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech- Forms 1-2 Puch of the future with DeSean
1st- Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech- Is a SS but can play FS and has played CB before
2nd- Andrew Gardener OT Georgia Tech- A back-up plan at LT
3rd- Curtis Taylor FS LSU- Depth pick, behind Quintin Demps
4th- Ed Dickson TE Oregon- Brent Celek's back-up
5th- Chase Daniel QB Missouri- Gutsy guy that most want on their team
5th- Ramon Foster OG/T Tennesee- plays RT in college but will have to move to G
6th- Phillip Hunt LB/DE Houston- The Eagles like to move DEs to SLB and Hunt has the athleticism
6th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest- David Akers replacement
7th- Ernest Mitchell, DT, Arkansas- the 4th DT for the Eagles

UDFA-
Brendan Scott RB Abeline Christian- Rushed for 35 TDs last season will be 25 when drafted. Good Reciever out of the backfield.

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 08-17-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Those 2 posistions were needs before last night, but last night really sold it for me. The WRs looked atrocious out there, Kevin Curtis was dropping the football like it was nobodies buisness. Hank Baskett was looking bad, he isn't physical enough, he lets guys take him out of plays and he let a perfectly thrown ball bounce of his helmet, Kolb placed that perfectly and he would have been gone for a big gain. Jason Avant is good but he isn't ever going to be anything more than a #2 or a #3 guy. Reggie Brown has been a bust for us out there so far and now he is nursing 2 injuries. I am not ruling the group out, they just havn't impressed me in the 2 pre-season games.

DeSean Jackson on the other hand... I think he will challenge Reggie Brown for that #2 spot very soon (now). DeSean was the best reciever out there and he wasn't even wearing gloves out there in all that rain. DeSean has set the standard for the Eagles WR this pre-season and no one else is even coming close to his level.

David Akers, is getting older as you know. He is aging like milk, instead of fine wine. He was 16.7% in the 40-49 yd range and 25% in the 50+ yd range last season. He hasn't kicked over 80% in 3 years. I don;t care about conditions, weather is part of football, regardless of the weather you still need to get it done. The backup K/P Richmond McGee nailed a 40 yarder in those same conditions, so.... The Eagles need a replacement this offseason.
Once again, I think you are overreacting to one game. Curtis had some drops yes, but conditions do matter, especially for a WR, it doesn't take rocket sciensce to figure that out. Kepp in mind Curtis also had a ton of very good catches on Friday too. Also about Baskett, the guy is physical and has shown it, there are plays where he doesn't show it, and apparently you don't pay attention to those. Reggie has been coming along throughout his career, and like I was saying before and Reid backed it, Reggie has had his best off-season of his career. He is usually good for just below 1000 yards a season, don't rule him out yet.

I agree DeSean can challenge for the #2, but I doubt the coaches give him the opportunity. A player really has to show a lot to see PT as a rookie under AR, let alone win a starting job. I think DeSean could take over the position during the season, but AR has a history of not letting players lose their jobs in the pre-season to rookies. Earliest I see DeSean taking over the #2 WR spot is week 4, if he even does this year.

I agree we need to start looking for a replacement for Akers, and maybe the Eagles already have. McGee looked pretty good in TC, still Akers was outperforming him, but he was at an insurance company or something like that before the Eagles signed him. He may not be what the Eagles are looking for, but I think he would work OK in an emergency. Like I said before, he is good enough to be a kicker in the NFL. He has plenty of leg strength, he needs to work on accuracy though.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So here are my thoughts for the Eagles 2009 Draft a few weeks ahead of the regular season-

QB- I would like to get a guy to groom as Kolb's #2 who is destined to be his back-up forever.

RB- I think that the Eagles might benifit from getting a RB, Corell Buckhalter is going into FA and Ryan Moats is probably going to be released. Maybe a Undrafted FA or a late round pick for a RB.

WR- One of my biggest needs for the Eagles, They really need a young complement to DeSean Jackson, so the Eagles could be set at #1 and #2 for a long time and for the first time.

TE- Depends on how LJ Smith performs, if he does badly, I would want to bring in a 3rd-4th round guy. If he does well, bring him back.

LT- With Herramens and Dunlap doing really well this pre-season I think the need for a LT is smaller. But, I still want a second round or third round guy as insurance.

RT- Absolutely no need for a RT. So many guys on the Eagles team can play RT that it isn't funny. Shawn Andrews, Mike McGlynn, Mike Gibson, Winston Justice, Todd Herramens and King Dunlap.

OG- Bring in 1 more OG because one (if not more) of the OG's is likely moving out to OT next year.

C- No, bring in some UDFA to challenge Nick Cole.

DE- Only if the Eagles lose Darren Howard and Jerome McDougle would I be happy with the Eagles taking a late round guy, I think the Eagles are stacked at this posistion.

DT- NO WAY would I tolerate Andy Reid drafting a DT in the first 4 rounds of the draft. There really isn't a 4th guy so a late rounder is possible.

LB- Just need some depth.

CB- No, the Eagles are stacked, especially since Jack Ikegwounu will be back.

S- Yes to SS maybe to FS, preferably I'd like to get a guy who can play both *cough* William Moore *cough* but with Quintin Demps looking to be a decent option at FS I think the Eagles could afford to move their intrests to a SS. Get a de[th pick at FS.

K- Yes, David Akers is getting old and is not the K he once was
P- Sav Rocca is 35 so maybe.
Here is how I see it...

QB. Not a pressing need at all. McNAbb is looking good, but if he leaves we have Kolb and Feeley here yet. We will need to fill the third string QB spot, but we won't need to spend more than a 5th rounder on one, even if Donovan leaves. Feeley is still relatively young and knows the system well. I would be fine with him as the backup to Kolb for 2 or three years.

RB. Also not too big of a need. We have Westy, his future replacement in Lobo, and Bucky and Hunt. At least one of the last two will be on the team next year. If Hunt shows more promise, the Eagles may let Bucky go in FA, but if not, the Eagles will re-sign him, he is a coaches favorite and has been great when healthy. If Bucky gets another injury though, and Hunt doesn't perform well, then I could see the Eagles using a later round pick on a RB.

FB. We could definitley use more competition here. Luckily the FB isn't too impoortant in our WCO, but I could see a late-round UDFA FB being brought in again next year.

WR. Could be one of the biggest needs come draft time, but right now is not. DeSean looks promising, Curtis is inconsistent, but it is only the pre-season. If he has another season like last year there is not much to worry about at WR. Brown has looked great in practices, but because of injuries has not seen the field much. If he can do this season what he did in practice, we will have hree very good WR. Avant has been Avant, not flashy, but consistent. Will undoubtedly make some sort of impact in the slot. Baskett has looked good this off-season as well and will be a big red-zone threat. If GLew makes the team, we will have a WR who consistently grabs first downs. But if these guys underperform we could se a very early pick spent here. This is a positoion that could either be a first round need or not needed at all. Only the season will tell us how it should go.

TE. If LJ can stay healthy, and him and Donovan make a lot of good plays, keep him, but if LJ gets injured or plays poorly, I say we let him go. Celek has shown a lot of good things so far in his career, but not enough to have confidence that he could potentially take over the #1 TE spot. Also a position that could either be a need early or not at all, depending on the season.

LT. Herremans and Dunlap have looked very good so far, and we all know that Tra won't be here much longer. But Herremans is best suited for RT IMO, and at this point Dunlap looks very good, but he hasn't shown enough for me to be confident in him as the futre LT. This is arguably our biggest need right now, though it has been diminished. This could easily be addressed n the first round.

RT. With Runyan not long for the locker room anymore, his spot will need to be filled soon. There are three linemen who could potentially succeed him and be successful. Herremans, Andrews, and Justice. I see Herremans taking this over in time, so I don't think it is much of a need. McGlynn could go in at RT, as could Gibson, but Dunlap is a LT through and through. He is more of a finesse linemen, and his game is suited for LT, and LT only . He doesn't have the mauler in him to play RT. Watch him play and you will agree with me. Not much of a need.

OG. Depending on the situation, this could not be a need at all or could be a moderate need. We have MJG who can play either G spot, and McGlynn is a good looking rookie. Gibson is battling to make the team and may be IRed. The only way I see this as being pressing is if the coaches decide to put both Herremans and Andrews on the Tackle positions. In which case, MJG will take over RG, and there will be a battle for LG. I haven't seen enough of McGlynn to say If I would be confident with him as a starter, but it is a possibility if this situation were to arise. Still though, the situation I see happening is Herremans takes over one of the T positions (most likely RT) and MJG is the new LG. Could be a mid round pick

C. Not a need at all. Jackson is a great C in the NFL who had a down year last year, but even so, was solid at times. Cole is a solid backup as well, plus offers versatility as a G, and plays some short yardage FB:). Maybe a UDFA, but that is it.

DE. IF Howard is cut and McDougle let go, then this may be a need, we will most likely need a RDE prospect, but Bryan Smith looks to be the future there, so not much of a need. Late round need, if at all.

DT. A bigger need than you would think. Klecko has looked quick and explosive, but there is no reason he should be making this team. Another DT could be used for solid backup. I could easily see a 4th rounder being used on a DT.

LB. Starters are set, and we have two backups that are solid in Mays and Jordan. Studebaker is showing tons of promise as well, this may not even be neeeded at all. Late rounds, if at all.

CB. This could be a need if Lito is gone in the off-season, even if he stays. Right now we only have 4 CBs worthy of a roster spot, the big three and Hanson. If Ike comes back healthy and as talented as he is billed this may not be a need, but if he comes back and disapoints, or if Lito is traded, CB could be a 3rd round to 7th round need.

S. Also arguably our biggest need. Dawk may be in his last year, and though Demps has shown lots of promise, we can't be sure yet, and Q has looked great, but is he really what we want. No matter what happens, S will be an early pick next year, whether it be at SS or FS. First or second rounder

K. Defintiely a need. Akers is showing age and losinga bit. (even before last year) A late rounder or UDFA could be spent on a K next year.

P. Rocca has looked great so far, but age is a factor. I don't see a need yet, but I could see a UDFA brought in for competition.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Heres a mock I threw together-

1st- Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech- Forms 1-2 Puch of the future with DeSean
1st- Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech- Is a SS but can play FS and has played CB before
2nd- Andrew Gardener OT Georgia Tech- A back-up plan at LT
3rd- Curtis Taylor FS LSU- Depth pick, behind Quintin Demps
4th- Ed Dickson TE Oregon- Brent Celek's back-up
5th- Chase Daniel QB Missouri- Gutsy guy that most want on their team
5th- Ramon Foster OG/T Tennesee- plays RT in college but will have to move to G
6th- Phillip Hunt LB/DE Houston- The Eagles like to move DEs to SLB and Hunt has the athleticism
6th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest- David Akers replacement
7th- Ernest Mitchell, DT, Arkansas- the 4th DT for the Eagles

UDFA-
Brendan Scott RB Abeline Christian- Rushed for 35 TDs last season will be 25 when drafted. Good Reciever out of the backfield.
I could definitley see a situation like this panning out, however, I find it more likely that we go LT before WR in the first round. TE also may be addressed earlier. You seem to have more confidence in Celek than I do though, and I have more confidence in the WRs than you. I like Daniel as a college player, but I don't really like him for the Eagles. He is mobile and has the heart of a chmpion, that everyone likes about him, but I don't know why, I am just not a big fan of his. I could see CB being taken here though, for the reasons in the post above. The rest is OK, but I don't think Hunt would be much of an upgrade over Studey, so ehhh. Kicker, yes, also yes on DT, I could see DT going earlier though for sure.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well after a few weeks I got to say this would be my ideal draft for the Eagles for the first two rounds...
1a. Any of the topf three OTs, personnally, I prefer Eugene Monroe, but doubt he would fall to us.
1b. William Moore. I am sick and only got to see the first half of last nights game, but in his other games he has looked great and is living up to the billing as the #1 Safety.
2. Chase Coffman. Every time I watch him he is impressive. He is one of those guys like Jason Witten that doesn't have any one physical attribute that sticks out, but his overall body strength and agility is amazing.

More realistic first two rounds:
1a. William Moore. Would have to use our first pick on him because he is going to go too early.
1b. Either Jamon Meredith or Jason (uhhh) OT for Baylor. Jamon Meredith looks like he will be a very solid O-linemen in the NFL and he looks like he could play anywhere on our line. I haven't seen Jason ____ play yet but he is supposedly very athletic and could be a potential LT.
2. Chase Coffman. I really like him and with neither of our TEs stepping up I think we will need to go TE early in the draft.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how much of a need SS is right now. Mikell has been really good so far. Actually, the only starter that's been average on defense has been Gocong, and that's because he doesn't fit a 4-3. That being said, I wouldn't mind drafting a SS. You could have Mikell start for a year or two and have the rookie (Kam Chancellor?) provide much needed depth at the safety spot seeing as how Dawkins is likely gone.

However, besides OT, TE might be the biggest need. LJ Smith should be gone, and while Celek is good, I think he fits the bill of a #2 TE, and not a #1. A nice field-stretcher/safety valve would be good.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I don't know how much of a need SS is right now. Mikell has been really good so far. Actually, the only starter that's been average on defense has been Gocong, and that's because he doesn't fit a 4-3. That being said, I wouldn't mind drafting a SS. You could have Mikell start for a year or two and have the rookie (Kam Chancellor?) provide much needed depth at the safety spot seeing as how Dawkins is likely gone.

However, besides OT, TE might be the biggest need. LJ Smith should be gone, and while Celek is good, I think he fits the bill of a #2 TE, and not a #1. A nice field-stretcher/safety valve would be good.
I doubt we go SS early in the draft, but we may draft one relatively early as Considine is in his final year of his contract if I remember correctly. Moore is a FS but could play SS with his versatility, but would be best suited for FS role, which is where we could use him. Gocong has been slightly above arevage if you ask me, he is becoming a monster in the run game right now and is improving in his pass rush. His weakness is his coverage but he is the first LB out in passing situations.

I agree that TE is gradually becoming the second or third biggest need behind Safety and O-line. I only say O-line because Herremans can play either tackle and Andrews could play RT. If that is the case, we may be looking for a Guard, depending on what the coaching staff thinks of MJG and McGlynn. But LJ has been unimpressive, and Celek doesn't look like a future starter. A lot of you guys have been high on Celek, but he never really showed me enough to have the trust in him to be a starter, and I think some of you may be coming around on that.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Ciron Black OT LSU- Top OT prospect from LSU. Black is similar to William Thomas clone without the injury issues. Black is a mauler in the run game and dominates in one of the toughest divisions in college football, the SEC. He is a proto-type LT at 6’5” and 325 lbs. He’s athletic for his size and he plays mean, I think that he could be the best OT in the draft. The reason he might fall is because there are a ton of OT prospects in the draft: more than it has had in recent memory, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Ciron Andre Smith, and Jason Smith. But all physical tools aside, while doing research on him I stumbled across a story… I just gained a ton of respect for Ciron Black and I would be proud to call him a Philadelphia Eagle.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...yhoo&type=lgns

Just read it, Ciron Black is now one of my favorite prospects in this draft, Extremely high character guy.

Diyral Briggs Briggs is only about 6’ 4” 230 pounds, so he might be converted to outside linebacker. After the first two games, He led the nation with 5 sacks and ranked 2nd in the nation with 5.5 TFLs with an additional 3 quarterback hurries after only two games. He did this against some solid teams, he recorded 2 sacks in Bowling Green’s stunning upset over Pitt in week one and against Minnesota he recorded 3 more sacks. Briggs is very strong and explosive and is definitely a sleeper pick and someone to keep an eye on.

-----------------------------
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....810010390/1075

Dedrick Epps, a name to remember

------------------------------------------
Carson Butler TE Michigan has all the physical tools in the world but he can't keep his head on straight. He was ejected from the Notre Dame game for throwing punches, he and a teamate attacked a random person and now face assault charges, and was actually kicked off the Michigan team last year. He is only starting today because of injuries, he is on thin ice. He was buried behind Mike Massey and Kevin Koger.

He is super athletic though and if he wasn't crazy, he would be a top TE and he would blow-up at the combine.
Here is what he is capable of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek
skip to 1:48, he outruns the entire Florida Gator Defense.

---------------------
I watched the Florida St. and North Carolina St. game and I came away impressed with a few people.

Antone Smith RB Florida St. Sr.- Never lived up to his hype but he is doing so now and making noise. In the NFL I think that he could become a good situational/3rd down RB.

Andre Brown RB North Carolina St. SR.- He has always been a top player but he always seems to get injured which is why his stock is so low. He has good wiggle and good power, and if he can stay healthy, he could be an every down RB in the NFL.

Alan-Michael Cash DT North Carolina St. Jr.- I never heard of him until last the game and now... I think this guy is the best thing since sliced bread. He is undersized at 6'3" and 288 lbs. He is a force in the middle of the defense however. He is mean and nasty, he gets a good push up the middle and stuffs the run. IMO he could be a good player in the NFL and he should continue the tradition of good lineman from NC State.

Willie Young DE North Carolina St. Jr.- He is a virtual clone of Manny Lawson who was chosen in the 1st round a few years back. He is tall and lanky (6'5" 243 lbs.) but he is athletic and is a good pass rusher and I was suprised to see that he plays the run well.

Corey Surrency- I have seen what he is capable of and he is crazy athletic. The only issue is that he has trouble beating the press which could have something to do with that. He is inconsitent as well, exploding the first 2 games and then not collecting any stats at all the next 2 week. He has since leveled off but isn't putting up monster numbers anymore.

If he is going to play with the big boys he's going to need to hit the weight room. He also doesn't seem like an intelligent guy, I watched an interview with him and he sure doesn't come off as the sharpest tack in the box.

But regardless the man is a freak of nature, just one freak level below Calvin Johnson and Matt Jones.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Here are my notes from the Alabama v.s. Kentucky game:
Alabama v.s. Kentucky

LT Andre Smith #71- Beat to the outside (sack) by Williams early in the 1st, showing why scouts think he is a RT or OG.
He did get to the 2nd level on the TD run.
Wow, nice run blocking on that play took his man out out of the play and delayed another. Holding penalty, takes away a 1st down.

DT Terrence Cody #62- Wow, he is just huge compared to everyone else.
He makes the line-men look like Linebackers and then he got past his guy and got pressure on the QB.
Not really fast off the line, actually kind of sluggish will improve as he loses weight.
Got through the line and tackled his man from behind.
Great stop, just threw his blocker aside and was right there waiting for the RB (no gain).
Not making a difference at all in the 2nd half, he looks and plays tired again I think it has to do with the weight.

FS Rashad Johnson #49- Missed a tackle and allowed his man to get the 1st down
dragged the runner down not a good form tackle, Sean Considine-esque on that play.
Not really a good tackler he was being dragged around by the RB, looks like a CB.
Very good in coverage and he is a leader, Kentucky audible and everyone looked for him.
Great play in coverage knocking the ball away, pass interference.
Read the play very well. Another weak tackle, dragged him down and horse collar.
Same exact play next play and he is dragged into the endzone by Dicky Lyons who is only 5’10” and 183 lbs.
Nearly had a pick, read it nicely but then let the WR make the catch.
Read another play very nicely and would have made a play had the WR caught it, forced the INT.
Very fast and reads plays well and has good closing speed but he seems to be hesitant against the run.

QB John Parker Wilson #14- Throw would have been intercepted had Julio Jones not made a great catch.
Underthrew the WR, would be TD.
Julio Jones bails him out for the 2nd time.
Nick Walker bailed him out, should’ve been an INT,
Not playing well.
Nice roll out and good throw to Nick Walker with pressure in his face.
Had his pass tipped by Pryor.
Another should be INT, I’m not liking what I see from him,
Picked off.
Yet another should be pick!
Overthrew Jones.
9:42 4th quarter 1st completion of the second half but the throw was good he thread the needle to Jones.
Tripped on his drop-back.

WR Julio Jones #8 (Fr.)- Super Athletic,
great catch and then he keeps his balance and goes for about 3-4 extra yards, he just snatched that ball away, called back on illegal formation.
He bailed JPW out, he snagged that one out of the air.
Amazing! He caught the ball, stayed in bounds and battled with Lindley, great hustle at the end.
Looks like Calvin Johnson V.2 out there. He will be great IMO.
Runs great routes, looks like a Veteran out there.
Another amazing play, jumped up and snagged it away from Lindley on the sidelines and then stays inbounds and gets 5-6 extra yards, called back.
Man-beast. Was overthrown and jammed at the line but he was about 1 inch away from making the catch.
Another good catch.

RB Glen Coffee #38- Great run, showed good speed he outran Lindley. O-line blocked great on that play and Coffee looked like a ZBS RB, 1 cut and go, 78 yard TD.
Good run from their own goal-line got the 1st and the facemask penalty so a 25 yard play essentially.
Not really a power runner, not many yards after contact.
Fumble, Kentucky Recovers, his fault.
Very fast, change of pace back in the NFL?
Nice catch and YAC.
Very quick in and out of cuts but again he doesn’t do well with contact.
Good burst through the line, showing great acceleration today.
Finally showed some power!
Another good burst through the line.
Playing better in the 4th bouncing off tackles and pushing tacklers back on initial contact getting that extra yard.
On 4th-1 he spun off the tackler and bounced the run outside and got the 1st down dragging 2 defenders with him.
Now he is showing power again knocking tacklers backwards.
Big play great vision, great cut and then he is 1 defender away from the TD and he fumbled it and it rolled out of bounds he was very lucky on that play.

Mark Ingram RB #22(Fr.)- Great power and speed, and a sick juke move, big run play.
Stuffed at the line and seemed to give-up (a loss).
Follows it up with an 8 yard swing play.
Runs with good power playing better than Coffee IMO.
He gets the tough yards, great at breaking tackles.

K Leigh Tiffin #99- 35 yards, missed.
Missed XP, gets 2nd try (penalty offsides),
game winning FG he is 0-2 thus far and he nails it.

Kentucky-
CB Trevard Lindley #32- batted that pass away from Jones.
Has been sticking with him but Jones is just too good, nothing against Lindley just Jones is the ideal WR.
Nearly Picked off JPW again.
Jammed Jones at the line and forced the incomplete pass

DE Jeremy Jarmon #99- Missed tackle on #4, would have been TFL,
not really making an impact

DT Myron Pryor #98- Being held at bay, no difference thus far.
Tipped JPW’s pass.
Sack, very good penetration shows his athletic ability.
Having a good game, got into a groove in that second quarter.
Pressure forced the throw away and the near INT.
He is a force in the middle, not allowing himself to be pushed off the line.
Mike Patterson-esque player.

WR Dicky Lyons #12- I like that kid, he took a huge hit and just popped up.
Very productive and fast, apparently he is a leader on the team and they all like him.
Great play, nice run after the catch and shows some power dragging Rashad Johnson about 3 yards into the endzone.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post

Carson Butler TE Michigan has all the physical tools in the world but he can't keep his head on straight. He was ejected from the Notre Dame game for throwing punches, he and a teamate attacked a random person and now face assault charges, and was actually kicked off the Michigan team last year. He is only starting today because of injuries, he is on thin ice. He was buried behind Mike Massey and Kevin Koger.

He is super athletic though and if he wasn't crazy, he would be a top TE and he would blow-up at the combine.
Here is what he is capable of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek
skip to 1:48, he outruns the entire Florida Gator Defense.
No....just no. He's the worst blocking TE I've ever seen.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ciron Black OT LSU- Top OT prospect from LSU. Black is similar to William Thomas clone without the injury issues. Black is a mauler in the run game and dominates in one of the toughest divisions in college football, the SEC. He is a proto-type LT at 6’5” and 325 lbs. He’s athletic for his size and he plays mean, I think that he could be the best OT in the draft. The reason he might fall is because there are a ton of OT prospects in the draft: more than it has had in recent memory, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Ciron Andre Smith, and Jason Smith. But all physical tools aside, while doing research on him I stumbled across a story… I just gained a ton of respect for Ciron Black and I would be proud to call him a Philadelphia Eagle.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...yhoo&type=lgns

Just read it, Ciron Black is now one of my favorite prospects in this draft, Extremely high character guy.
Wow, not much to say to that. I now share your admiration for him. I liked him a lot before as a player, but now knowing that, I like him just as much, if not more, as a person. Nice find. I like how his high school coach said his mom wanted him to decipline Ciron for not cleaning his room, that gave me a good smirk

Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Wow, not much to say to that. I now share your admiration for him. I liked him a lot before as a player, but now knowing that, I like him just as much, if not more, as a person. Nice find. I like how his high school coach said his mom wanted him to decipline Ciron for not cleaning his room, that gave me a good smirk
Me too. I like what he brings to the table, a great LT on the field and a great person off of it, he is the type of guy that I'd like my team to be built around, high character guys.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Mike Patterson has been dissapointing this season? He had so much hype heading into the season because of his great season last year but he has yet to play up to his probowl billing thus far. While on the other hand Bunkley has been a force on the d-line, and personally I think he should move to UT where he is best suited to play, not NT. Instead of being a good NT he could be a great UT. I'm not saying down with Mike Patterson but, he just hasn't played up to my expectations thus far.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Me too. I like what he brings to the table, a great LT on the field and a great person off of it, he is the type of guy that I'd like my team to be built around, high character guys.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Mike Patterson has been dissapointing this season? He had so much hype heading into the season because of his great season last year but he has yet to play up to his probowl billing thus far. While on the other hand Bunkley has been a force on the d-line, and personally I think he should move to UT where he is best suited to play, not NT. Instead of being a good NT he could be a great UT. I'm not saying down with Mike Patterson but, he just hasn't played up to my expectations thus far.
When did Mike Patterson get Pro Bowl billing? He's a big part of a rush D that's been very good and he's getting pressure on the QB.