Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
When did Mike Patterson get Pro Bowl billing? He's a big part of a rush D that's been very good and he's getting pressure on the QB.
Alot of people were proclaiming him a "man-beast", "monster" etc. etc. and people claimed he was snuffed for the pro-bowl and since the Eagles had 5 nationally televised games he would finally get recognition on a national level and make the pro-bowl.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Me too. I like what he brings to the table, a great LT on the field and a great person off of it, he is the type of guy that I'd like my team to be built around, high character guys.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Mike Patterson has been dissapointing this season? He had so much hype heading into the season because of his great season last year but he has yet to play up to his probowl billing thus far. While on the other hand Bunkley has been a force on the d-line, and personally I think he should move to UT where he is best suited to play, not NT. Instead of being a good NT he could be a great UT. I'm not saying down with Mike Patterson but, he just hasn't played up to my expectations thus far.
Patterson has played at a high level, he may not have high sack numbers and his tackles may not be as high as they were last year, but he has had a great season so far for a DT. You have to remember that stats are almost useless for DTs. It goes off of watching him play, and watching him, he is doing a very good job. That being said, it was the first game of the season, I think, where he had 10 total tackles, I may be thinking of something else though.

It is better to have Bunk as our NT than our UT. He has incredible power, both upper and lower body, and has decnet size for a 4-3 NT. With hsi strength, it almost makes him seem bigger to opposing linemen. I think if we had another DT who could be successful as a NT, (which Patterson can not) we could use Bunk as a UT, or 3 technique, where he wouldn't have to take on double teams as much, and thus, would make more impacts on the stat sheet. But we do not have a DT besides Bunk who could be successful at NT, and since Patterson is strictly a UT it is best for the defense due to the personell. As it is right now, Bunk is making a huge impact on games with seeing much in return for stats, he is giving opportuniteis to the rest of the defense, and if he is fine with that role, I see no reason to put him anywhere else.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

I have 2 names that I think are Eagles draft prospects.

Mark Parsons CB Ohio- If Lito were to go, then I would love to have Parsons. He reminds me of Sheldon Brown so much it is scary. Parsons is really good.

Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma- With Herramens and Andrews potentially moving out to OT, a hole will be opened up at OG and Robinson is the best OG in the country.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know too much about Parsons, but Robinson is a monster in every sense of the word. I have been mentioning him as suggestions to some mock drafts and once I re-do my big board he is looking to move a litle higher...

I don't know where Parson's stock is, but if Lito is traded, we still have Jack Ike... I'll just stop there. He is on IR but is supposed to be a very promising CB. If Parsons is looked at as a thirs rounder or later, I say go for it. But even if Lito is gone next year, we have bigger needs than CB IMO, though I could see the Eagles taking one in round two if certain players are gone in the draft. (That is only if Lito is Traded though)

Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Rashard Jennings Liberty- 6-1 230
the Big back everyone one wants with decent speed. He originally signed with PITT but transferred to be closer to home.
numbers this year carries:227 YRDS:1335 AVG:5.9 LNG:58 TDS:15

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Rashard Jennings Liberty- 6-1 230
the Big back everyone one wants with decent speed. He originally signed with PITT but transferred to be closer to home.
numbers this year carries:227 YRDS:1335 AVG:5.9 LNG:58 TDS:15
He seems like a possible late round prospect. What type of runner is he. Is he a bigger bak that prances, or a pounder?

Old 11-12-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He seems like a possible late round prospect. What type of runner is he. Is he a bigger bak that prances, or a pounder?
Meaning is he a Ron Dayne, or a Steven Jackson?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

Jennings has played great thus far and now he is considered by most to be a fringe 2nd rounder.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Meaning is he a Ron Dayne, or a Steven Jackson?
No Ron Daynes please, that fool was god awful to watch when he made it to the NFL, good god. Steven Jackson in an Eagles uni would be amazing! think of that! Westbrook and Jackson! :(
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Kolb.for.the.win

Taylor Mays

Alex Boone

Javon Ringer

Tyson jackson

Andre Smith

Jermey Maclin

Marcus Freeman

Michael Oher

Chris Wells

Vonte Davis

Derrick Williams

Micahel Crabtree

I think we will try to move up and get a top 3 or 5 pick. But all of these players will be targeted by the EAGLES
Old 11-15-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolb.for.the.win View Post
Taylor Mays

Javon Ringer
why in the heck would we want Ringer?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
why in the heck would we want Ringer?
I like Ringer, but more as a 3rd round pick or so. You can't argue with the production he has had. Sure it would be a better idea to get a RB early who could be the future or more of a stragiht up pounder, but I think Ringer could be a good back in the right situation in the NFL.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Alex Boone
Derrick Williams
I just threw up in my mouth. A lot.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Taylor Mays

Alex Boone

Javon Ringer

Tyson jackson

Andre Smith

Jermey Maclin

Marcus Freeman

Michael Oher

Chris Wells

Vonte Davis

Derrick Williams

Micahel Crabtree

I think we will try to move up and get a top 3 or 5 pick. But all of these players will be targeted by the EAGLES
Welcome to the boards...

Many of those guys are great prospects when you consider where they should go. A few guys I don't like though... Alex Boone, Tyson Jackson, Marcus Freeman, (I like him but he doesn't have a fit in this defense) and, to a lesser extent, Derrick Williams.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Ringer, but more as a 3rd round pick or so. You can't argue with the production he has had. Sure it would be a better idea to get a RB early who could be the future or more of a stragiht up pounder, but I think Ringer could be a good back in the right situation in the NFL.
i just dont want to be the team that takes the chance on a guy who has carried it as much as he had this year.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah but at least we know he can carry the workload for a year which is a positive. There really are a whole lot of ways to look at his situation. I see it as a positive, he has a lot of carries yes, but it really has only been for about a season and a half (including last year) he would come into a situation here where he would not have as many carries because of Westy and the tread would still be good, so to speak.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah but at least we know he can carry the workload for a year which is a positive. There really are a whole lot of ways to look at his situation. I see it as a positive, he has a lot of carries yes, but it really has only been for about a season and a half (including last year) he would come into a situation here where he would not have as many carries because of Westy and the tread would still be good, so to speak.
yeah idk, i would like to see Shonn Green but who knows if we would have a chance at him...
Old 11-18-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Hunt get let go in the first place? He was supposed to be the pounding RB was'nt he?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Why did Hunt get let go in the first place? He was supposed to be the pounding RB was'nt he?
Must...resist....correcting...spelling...

Hunt was let go because he runs soft and can't pass block. Not a good combo.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not forget his stone hands, inability to adjust to audibles, and his soft running also meaning he couldn't lead block.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Let's not forget his stone hands, inability to adjust to audibles, and his soft running also meaning he couldn't lead block.
You covered what I was going for. Thanks.

I remember asking "Why doesn't Hunt play more?". Then, in Dallas, he shuffled out to the right on a pass block nobody, leaving DeMarcus Ware all alone up the middle against McNabb. It didn't work out well.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You covered what I was going for. Thanks.

I remember asking "Why doesn't Hunt play more?". Then, in Dallas, he shuffled out to the right on a pass block nobody, leaving DeMarcus Ware all alone up the middle against McNabb. It didn't work out well.
that site scares the hell out of me. that usually doesnt end up to well for the QB....i do remember that play quite well
Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
that site scares the hell out of me. that usually doesnt end up to well for the QB....i do remember that play quite well
SIGHT! I hate to pull a Sniper but please, Basic Grammar and spelling skills.

Also, I want Shonn Green in the draft, that guy is a man beast who could become the Brandon Jacobs of our team.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I <33333333 you.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Also, I want Shonn Green in the draft, that guy is a man beast who could become the Brandon Jacobs of our team.
sorry about that sir.

did you see my earlier post about Green? would love that guy.