Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

I would also love to get Patrick Chung on the Eagles, he is very similar to Brian Dawkins in terms of size.

But in terms of playing style he is in a class that not many are in. He plays the run extremely well and at times seems like another WLB in the box, but he has the coverage abilities similar to those of a CB, in fact he is listed as a S/CB on Oregon's site I believe.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Taylor Mays...badly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
AMEN! the more SC guys the better! :)
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Ugh, please no.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Ugh, please no.
Why not he is a younger more athletic Brian Dawkins.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ugh, please no.
Dude, Mays is the man. He doesn't up pretty stats because they say "Taylor, you stay deep and cover any deep balls. The other guys will do the tackling and get all the pretty stats". Jim Johnson would turn Mays into a ******* animal.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Dude, Mays is the man. He doesn't up pretty stats because they say "Taylor, you stay deep and cover any deep balls. The other guys will do the tackling and get all the pretty stats". Jim Johnson would turn Mays into a ******* animal.
Damn right he would. Seems like people dont watch USC enough to know how they use Mays. He is asked to play deep in that defense and hes great at what he does. He could be much more physical if they wanted him to be, but thats why they have Ellison.

Mays would look great in an Eagles Uni.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Damn right he would. Seems like people dont watch USC enough to know how they use Mays. He is asked to play deep in that defense and hes great at what he does. He could be much more physical if they wanted him to be, but thats why they have Ellison.

He would be a way better niner :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

There is a chance Mays might turn into a beast, but there is also a chance he won't be and the latter to me seems more likely. I would love to see what JJ could do with a 6'4" 230 pound safety with 4.5 speed. But I just don't like what I see, he doesn't give up big plays but he doesn't make any either. He doesn't tackle well, he is more of an ankle biter and whenever I see him he is outshined every time, he just doesn't stick out to me. He is largely average on the field. In the workout room he is a monster but I am hoping that the Eagles don't buy the hype. William Moore or Patrick Chung please.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
There is a chance Mays might turn into a beast, but there is also a chance he won't be and the latter to me seems more likely. I would love to see what JJ could do with a 6'4" 230 pound safety with 4.5 speed. But I just don't like what I see, he doesn't give up big plays but he doesn't make any either. He doesn't tackle well, he is more of an ankle biter and whenever I see him he is outshined every time, he just doesn't stick out to me. He is largely average on the field. In the workout room he is a monster but I am hoping that the Eagles don't buy the hype. William Moore or Patrick Chung please.
He's going to run faster that 4.5 thats what makes him so special. :) at that size with his speed, hes going to be a great NFL player.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Again, he doesn't get stats because no one throws deep on them. Ask Kevin Ellison how much he likes Mays. There's a big reason why SC has the #1 defense, and Mays plays a huge role in it.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

I wouldn't mind having him but I would prefer to have Patrick Chung or William Moore. I am always weary of guys with great measurables, because alot of them don't pan out.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wouldn't mind having him but I would prefer to have Patrick Chung or William Moore. I am always weary of guys with great measurables, because alot of them don't pan out.
id imagine if both Moore and Mays are available we will end up with Moore, but thats unlikely.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

Quote:
id imagine if both Moore and Mays are available we will end up with Moore, but thats unlikely.
I don't know, Moore has dropped his play quite a bit this year, and I think it could very well turn in to a Kenny Phillips type situation where he doesn't play up to expectations and falls into the lower half of the first round. Moore is still good though but he isn't playing like the ball hawk he was last year which is what set him apart from the other safties last year.

Last edited by renegade : 11-19-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know, Moore has dropped his play quite a bit this year, and I think it could very well turn in to a Kenny Phillips type situation where he doesn't play up to expectations and falls into the lower half of the first round. Moore is still good though but he isn't playing like the ball hawk he was last year which is what set him apart from the other safties last year.
well good! i like mays more :)
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
CantStopGregJones
Rookie

CantStopGregJones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would the Eagles trade up for one of the Top 3 offensive tackles or Michael Crabtree???
CantStopGregJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
Would the Eagles trade up for one of the Top 3 offensive tackles or Michael Crabtree???
Probably on one of the 3 OT, probably not on a WR.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would also love to get Patrick Chung on the Eagles, he is very similar to Brian Dawkins in terms of size.

But in terms of playing style he is in a class that not many are in. He plays the run extremely well and at times seems like another WLB in the box, but he has the coverage abilities similar to those of a CB, in fact he is listed as a S/CB on Oregon's site I believe.
I too am a big fan of Patrick Chung, he has been looking more impressive to me with every week. He would probably end up as a SS here though, and Mikell has shown that SS isn't a pressing need right now. In a few years maybe, but Mikell has that spot hammered out for the near future IMO.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, Mays is the man. He doesn't (put?) up pretty stats because they say, "Taylor, you stay deep and cover any deep balls. The other guys will do the tackling and get all the pretty stats." (Periods go inside quotations) Jim Johnson would turn Mays into a ******* animal.
You disapoint me Sniper...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I used to be like renegade, but then I realized that he isn't going to be the type of player I wanted him to be at USC because of how they are using him. Once I realized that, I came to respect the way he plays and think he could be a great player for us.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If that is the case, we could get our O-linemen or Gresham with our pick and then go for Moore with Carolina's pick...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Probably on one of the 3 OT, probably not on a WR.
We also may move up a bit if the Eagles think that Robinson will go in the top 0, which isn't a given right now, but with him being a great prospect, anything is possible if the teams line up right in the draft order.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
If that is the case, we could get our O-linemen or Gresham with our pick and then go for Moore with Carolina's pick...
i could dig that for sure! :)
Old 11-22-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I used to be like renegade, but then I realized that he isn't going to be the type of player I wanted him to be at USC because of how they are using him. Once I realized that, I came to respect the way he plays and think he could be a great player for us.
Eh, he is just not my favorite draft eligible safety. Yeah, he doesn't give up the big play but he doesn't make any either. With a round 1 pick, I want a guy who is going to make plays. I just don't think he is going to have a true fit in the NFL, to big for FS and not tough enough for SS or LB. Plus on the Eagles the FS has to be a difference maker in coverage and in the run game, and Mays is neither. Mays is terrible against the run and that is just sad for a guy of his size. A guy with that combination of size/speed should have players terrified to run routes over the middle, hit like a truck and make plays, but he doesn't. I see a big time workout warrior, not a big time player in Taylor Mays.

I wish he would be given more freedom at SC so that I could grasp what he is capable of, but for now all I see is the ankle biter who doesn't give-up plays but doesn't make any either.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i could dig that for sure! :)
That is a dream scenario, but you can't expect it to work out like that, and even if it would, you can't expect the team to do it...haha.