Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Eh, he is just not my favorite draft eligible safety. Yeah, he doesn't give up the big play but he doesn't make any either. With a round 1 pick, I want a guy who is going to make plays. I just don't think he is going to have a true fit in the NFL, to big for FS and not tough enough for SS or LB. Plus on the Eagles the FS has to be a difference maker in coverage and in the run game, and Mays is neither. Mays is terrible against the run and that is just sad for a guy of his size. A guy with that combination of size/speed should have players terrified to run routes over the middle, hit like a truck and make plays, but he doesn't. I see a big time workout warrior, not a big time player in Taylor Mays.

I wish he would be given more freedom at SC so that I could grasp what he is capable of, but for now all I see is the ankle biter who doesn't give-up plays but doesn't make any either.
I completely understand your viewpoint, you aren't alone, its just that we have different opinions... The only real way to know is once they are in the NFL.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Eh, he is just not my favorite draft eligible safety. Yeah, he doesn't give up the big play but he doesn't make any either.
Hard to make plays when no one throws near you.

Quote:
With a round 1 pick, I want a guy who is going to make plays. I just don't think he is going to have a true fit in the NFL, to big for FS and not tough enough for SS or LB. Plus on the Eagles the FS has to be a difference maker in coverage and in the run game, and Mays is neither.
He most certainly is a difference maker in coverage, and if he didn't line up 20 yards off the LOS and then drop 10 more on the snap, he'd be a run stuffer. For the last time, he is specifically told to cover anything deep and let everyone else worry about the shorter stuff. It's not because he sucks at the run D, it's because his range is absurd, much like LaRon Landry.

Quote:
Mays is terrible against the run and that is just sad for a guy of his size. A guy with that combination of size/speed should have players terrified to run routes over the middle, hit like a truck and make plays, but he doesn't.
Officially slamming my head on the table. And you realize no one ever throws near Mays?

Quote:
I see a big time workout warrior, not a big time player in Taylor Mays.
Understand the concept of a Cover 1 deep safety, and we'll talk.

Quote:
I wish he would be given more freedom at SC so that I could grasp what he is capable of
Why would SC give him more freedom? What he does works so well for the team.

Last edited by Sniper : 11-24-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow sniper, what did you bet for the Michigan, OSU game? I kind of pity you right now...haha.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Wow sniper, what did you bet for the Michigan, OSU game? I kind of pity you right now...haha.
Yup, lost to JBond.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Yup, lost to JBond.
What did you bet on though, I don't feel like looking it up in the thread...

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
What did you bet on though, I don't feel like looking it up in the thread...
The Game. It'd sure be nice to win one of those some time soon.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Game. It'd sure be nice to win one of those some time soon.
Eww, you bet Michigan would win? What were you thinking?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Eww, you bet Michigan would win? What were you thinking?
I was thinking Michigan is my team.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was thinking Michigan is my team.
Understood, but I honestly saw no way they won that game. I guess a stupid sig bet really isn't that important anyway.

You seem to be in a really negative mood right now Sniper. Is it the combined failures of the Eagles and Michigan?

Also, you shot right up to 15 K posts. Wasn't it like 3 or 4 months ago you got to 10 K, now you have 15 K+.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
You seem to be in a really negative mood right now Sniper. Is it the combined failures of the Eagles and Michigan?
Yup, plus the hardest school semester of my life.

Quote:
Also, you shot right up to 15 K posts. Wasn't it like 3 or 4 months ago you got to 10 K, now you have 15 K+.
Yup. I spend too much time on here. Gameday threads help a lot.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yup, plus the hardest school semester of my life.

Yup. I spend too much time on here. Gameday threads help a lot.
School will do that to you, haha.

Most games I watch at my friends' houses, otherwise, I think my post total would skyrocket just like yours, haha.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
School will do that to you, haha.

Most games I watch at my friends' houses, otherwise, I think my post total would skyrocket just like yours, haha.
And your blood pressure.

Splendid use of the plural apostrophe.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys i havent posted in a long time, just been hanging around, reading and catching up on stuff. anyways, just catchin up on the needs for the 2009 draft

OT- You can really see that age has finally caught up with Thomas and Runyan. When they are playing they are still blocking, but just barely enough to get by. We need to draft are OT(s) of the future. It also seems Herremans has been struggling, too.

TE- I still can't believe we franchised L.J. Smith, just awful. Still gets hurt and has stone hands. Has dropped a lot of passes, including multiple TDs. Celek has shown bright spots, but I don't think he is staring caliber. And, Matt Schobel has not worked out at all.

S- My main man Dawkins is at the end of his career, which will be very sad to see for me and we need to replace him with Brian Dawkins version 2.0: William Moore. Mikell has played decent and Demps needs a chance to show he can play. Considine is serviceable in limited time.

CB- Lito Sheppard will probably get traded in the offseason, Joselio Hanson is a free agent, and Jack Ikegwuono is coming back from a major injury

LB- I knew Gaither and Bradley were good. Gocong has surprised me this year. He is better than I thought. But, we have no depth behind them

FB- There has been a FB carousel this year: Jason Davis, Tony Hunt, Kyle Eckel, and Dan Klecko. I know I am missing someone. We just need to upgrade and get a good solid FB.

any other positions that we might need?
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And your blood pressure.

Splendid use of the plural apostrophe.
I am very good at English, its just most of the time I figure it really doesn't matter.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117 View Post
hey guys i havent posted in a long time, just been hanging around, reading and catching up on stuff. anyways, just catchin up on the needs for the 2009 draft

OT- You can really see that age has finally caught up with Thomas and Runyan. When they are playing they are still blocking, but just barely enough to get by. We need to draft are OT(s) of the future. It also seems Herremans has been struggling, too.

TE- I still can't believe we franchised L.J. Smith, just awful. Still gets hurt and has stone hands. Has dropped a lot of passes, including multiple TDs. Celek has shown bright spots, but I don't think he is staring caliber. And, Matt Schobel has not worked out at all.

S- My main man Dawkins is at the end of his career, which will be very sad to see for me and we need to replace him with Brian Dawkins version 2.0: William Moore. Mikell has played decent and Demps needs a chance to show he can play. Considine is serviceable in limited time.

CB- Lito Sheppard will probably get traded in the offseason, Joselio Hanson is a free agent, and Jack Ikegwuono is coming back from a major injury

LB- I knew Gaither and Bradley were good. Gocong has surprised me this year. He is better than I thought. But, we have no depth behind them

FB- There has been a FB carousel this year: Jason Davis, Tony Hunt, Kyle Eckel, and Dan Klecko. I know I am missing someone. We just need to upgrade and get a good solid FB.

any other positions that we might need?
I would add a few...

OG: You eluded to it a bit with Herremans, but if either or both of the OTs retire we could be looking at switching Andrews and/or Herremans out to Tackle. We have MJG filling one of the spots, but depending on how confident the coaching staff is in Mike McGlynn, we may be looking at an OG early like Duke Robinson or Herman Johnson if they are better options than any available Tackles.

RB: We have Westy, and there are certainly bigger needs, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if RB was addressed early. With Westy getting older, and Buckhalter possibly leaving as a FA (I think he will stay) RB is certainly something to look for as a possibility. Booker is not the future RB for the team, he is at best a player who could make an impact like Leon Washington doesn for the Jets. This isn't as great of a year for RBs as in years past, but there is a possibility thaat I could see that the Eagles would draft a RB early, say in the first two rounds.

DT: I hope they don't go DT early, but I do expect them to draft a DT in the mid-to-later rounds. We rely too much on our DEs like Howard and Abiamiri (who has been great so far) to slide in and play DT. We only have 3 real DTs on the roster. Bunk, Patterson, and Laws. That is a great rotation there, but if one goes down it would be nice to still have that three man rotation. This is a lot like LB in my opinion, it isn't a huge need, but it needs to be addressed for depth.

K: Akers seemed to have worked his way out of his slump, but it doesn't change that he is also getting older and at least a little competition there wouldn't hurt. Shouldn't be addressed before the fifth round, but is something the team should look into as a possibility.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Forget drafting a kicker just bring in Sandro DeAngelis of the Calgary Stampeders Attp:58 Made:50 FG%:86.2% Long:49
Best thing hes from my home town.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Forget drafting a kicker just bring in Sandro DeAngelis of the Calgary Stampeders Attp:58 Made:50 FG%:86.2% Long:49
Best thing hes from my home town.
How old is he? This is the first I've heard his name and I do pay attention to the CFL, so that is a little disheartening. I still think it would be a better idea to draft a young Kicker either this year or next.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
How old is he? This is the first I've heard his name and I do pay attention to the CFL, so that is a little disheartening. I still think it would be a better idea to draft a young Kicker either this year or next.
Hes 27, he went to Nebraska. In this past gray Cup game he was 5/5 on FGs including the game winner (clutch). His career long was 56 yards. You must not follow the CFL that much because he has been an allstar for the last few seasons.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 12-03-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hes 27, he went to Nebraska. In this past gray Cup game he was 5/5 on FGs including the game winner (clutch). His career long was 56 yards. You must not follow the CFL that much because he has been an allstar for the last few seasons.
I don't follow it closely, but whenever it is on I usually watch. (Almost never on where I live) Intriguing, but if he's worth a shot, I say go for it, but a young Kicker would be good as well.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is our next quarterback is the real question? McNabb's time is coming close to an end and Kolb surely doesn't look like the answer.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The Eagles are kind of in a predicament here, McNabb could be ere for four more years, or gone in 4 months. Kolb hasn't shown he is the QB of the future, and because of that, there is a real concern for the QB position. I personally think because of Kolb, Donovan will stick around as long as possible, whether it be until Kolb developes into a franchise QB, or until the team realizes Kolb is not the future at the position. If it is the latter, I expect the team to draft a QB relatively early in the next four years to groom under Donovan until he leaves so the new QB can assume the reigns.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Ok Reggie Brown was a healthy scratch on Sunday so that leads me to believe that he will be gone this off season so what do you guys think his trade value. Or do we just keep him and if he still sucks then he gets cut in camp (I doubt we do that).

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Ok Reggie Brown was a healthy scratch on Sunday so that leads me to believe that he will be gone this off season so what do you guys think his trade value. Or do we just keep him and if he still sucks then he gets cut in camp (I doubt we do that).
His trade value is non-existent.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
His trade value is non-existent.
Almost that is. Other teams will view him as a #3 WR at best, probably a #4. Teams will not trade for him, they would wait until his contract expires or the Eagles cut him. At the very best we could get a 5th or 6th rounder for him. Ideally (at least in my mind) we could trade him for a young talented FB, but those options are almost non-existent, so don't expect much in terms of trade value for Reggie. It is a shame, he was looking really good in Training camp if you ask me. At that time, he looked like he could challenge for the #1 WR spot, but DeSean stepped it up. He may not be #1 on the depth chart, but with the performances of Kevin Curtis this season, it is easy to say DeSean is the #1 WR, especially since he is leading the team in receptions.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Brown was inactive against the Giants, I think that is the begining of the end for him. He has little trade value (if any) but if the Eagles cut him it costs them money.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote