Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
evans555

Its an insider article so I can't post the whole thing but here is the AFC East (If anyone can please do)...as a fan of the Bills they are ranked WAY too low

ESPN really has a bias against small market teams (Unless Brett Farve is behind center)

The fact that ESPN mentions Jason Webster is a joke. As a Bills fan who watched Webster in training camp and preseason I will tell you he is garbage

And something tells me if the Pats had drafted McKelvin their ranking would be inflated

Personally I would have the Jets 12-15, Bills and Pats 15-20 and the Phins 20-25

27. Buffalo Bills
They will be improved this year with SS Donte Whitner and FS Ko Simpson both entering their third season. Simpson missed the majority of the 2007 season with a dislocated ankle, but should be ready to return as the starter, and the duo gives the Bills two young playmakers with good instincts who can make plays in traffic or in space. Buffalo returns starters Terrence McGee and Jabari Greer back at corner, and while McGee lacks ideal size he does have good quickness and ball skills. Greer has better size to match up with receivers and is very competitive. The addition of CB Leodis McKelvin through the draft will provide depth and competition, and McKelvin should be at least the nickel corner when the season begins.

19. New England Patriots
The Patriots secondary will feature some new faces this year after the losses of Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson to free agency. Veteran Fernando Bryant and Jason Webster will step into the void, while Ellis Hobbs will continue to hold down the other corner spot. New England also added some youth to the group by drafting Terrence Wheatley in the second round. Veteran SS Rodney Harrison continues to make a difference despite his age, and James Sanders is back after starting 15 games last season. Second-year man Brandon Meriweather should be more of a safety, and if he can play with the same confidence he demonstrated in college Meriweather will be a good one.

23. Miami Dolphins
Jason Allen has the physical tools to excel as a starting free safety, but has started just nine games in his first two seasons and he will have former Atlanta starter Chris Crocker behind him if he falters. SS Yeremiah Bell can make a lot of plays with his toughness and instincts, but he also faces health questions after playing in just one game last season. Will Allen has been a solid and durable fixture at RCB, while LCB Michael Lehan needs to recover quickly from an injured ankle. The Dolphins have good depth at safety with Keith Davis and Crocker as the backups. Davis and Crocker will quickly upgrade the special teams units if they are not starting, and Andre Goodman, Nathan Jones and Travis Daniels provide quality depth at corner.

26. New York Jets
The Jets should feel good about their future at corner as RCB Darrelle Revis showed good technique and cover skills while starting every game last season as a rookie. Revis should only get better with experience, and Kerry Rhodes is an above-average starter at safety who will provide consistent production. The other safety spot is a bit of a question mark as Abram Elam will look to improve after starting eight games last season. If New York gets LCB Justin Miller back at full strength this year it will be a bonus as the Jets were forced to adjust to his absence early last season. This is another group that could finish much higher in the rankings by the end of the year if some concerns are addressed.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that they mention Fernando Bryant is a joke, too. He's one of the worst zone corners EVER.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are the eagles ranked?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Where are the eagles ranked?
Third, under raiders in front of the Colts.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Let me guess....49ers at....12?
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Webster. Hahahaha. I remember him. I am SO glad he is gone. He had no outstanding qualities. I guess he was ok at wrapping guys up, but thats about it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes is an above average starter? that's it? i'd say he's more than that, i think he's top tier saftey personally, but then again, Roy Willaims is a pro bowl player.....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans will be underrated.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WOW!!!!!! How in the heck in the Dolphins secondary better then the Jets?? How are they better then the Bills also?? The Dolphins secondary is horrible! They couldn't cover my grandmother on her scooter chair!

Seriously these people are idiots, Revis is a emerging star at CB, he has started his career really well, and has a chance to be one of the best CB in football one day, I say he can end up being top 5 one day.
Kerry Rhodes only above average? The guy is a star! And IMO the best safety in football! Again thats my opinion, and I have my reasons, its debatable who's the best, not trying to start a argument about it. Point is this list is stupid. IMO the Jets have the best secondary in the division because of Rhodes and Revis, then the Bills, then the Pats, then the Fins.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
WOW!!!!!! How in the heck in the Dolphins secondary better then the Jets?? How are they better then the Bills also?? The Dolphins secondary is horrible! They couldn't cover my grandmother on her scooter chair!

Seriously these people are idiots, Revis is a emerging star at CB, he has started his career really well, and has a chance to be one of the best CB in football one day, I say he can end up being top 5 one day.

Kerry Rhodes only above average? The guy is a star! And IMO the best safety in football! Again thats my opinion, and I have my reasons, its debatable who's the best, not trying to start a argument about it. Point is this list is stupid. IMO the Jets have the best secondary in the division because of Rhodes and Revis, then the Bills, then the Pats, then the Fins.
I agree with the part in bold, but best secondary in the AFC east? I think thats pushing it a little.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I agree with the part in bold, but best secondary in the AFC east? I think thats pushing it a little.
Although the Jets definitely have some question spots, i think it isn't that far off, as all the teams in the division have them. The Dolphins IMO should be last in the division, with the other 3 rankings up for debate. The bills have solid guys, but one is a rookie and you never know how he'll do, and a battle at one saftey spot. The Pats have an aging Rodney, and lost Samuel, still have to see what happens. The Jets have an average guy in Elam, and a question mark with Miller.
I'm not sure if you could definitively decide on who's #1, as it is debatable either way. Dolphins are the only one i'd say they certainly aren't #1.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Like the guy above me said its definitely not pushing it, the AFC east has no really good secondaries this year. I was just saying the Jets because of Rhodes and Revis, obviously Rhodes is the best DB in the division, thats not a debate, now CB is debatable, but I think Revis is the best, but you can argue that McGee is better right now. Now the only one in the discussion for a better secondary then the Jets is the Bills IMO. You can argue that they are better, the Pats lost Samual, so they are going to have a drop off.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Will Allen had good numbers for DB's last year, partly because of skill, partly because of the **** surrounding him. I remember Peter King tried to claim Allen should have been an all pro.

The Pats will get overrated because the offense is beast.

You guys (Jets) probably should be best in the AFC east. The only other combo that looks enticing from a CB/S standpoint is McKelvin/Whitner and McKelvin is unknown.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Yeah, but you can never under-estimate the Pats and their system. They run a more relaxed 3-4, which is actually quite similar to a 'Cover 2'/'Tampa 2' defense with a 3-4 front.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Jason Webster, Fernando Bryant, and Ellis Hobbs all blow.

Hobbs blows as is and he plays in "The System"

I don't agree with the argument about the pats system. They have just had good players in it over the years. Ty Law was a stud when he was there and Asante Samuel is just a good Corner. I don't know what everyone tries to claim he is such a product of the scheme.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Jason Webster, Fernando Bryant, and Ellis Hobbs all blow.

Hobbs blows as is and he plays in "The System"

I don't agree with the argument about the pats system. They have just had good players in it over the years. Ty Law was a stud when he was there and Asante Samuel is just a good Corner. I don't know what everyone tries to claim he is such a product of the scheme.
Because some people really have a hard time giving credit where credit is due, especially when it's a team they don't like. I know that I used to be the same way with the Colts, but have gained a tremendous amount of respect for them (even as a rival) and their players over the years.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Because some people really have a hard time giving credit where credit is due, especially when it's a team they don't like. I know that I used to be the same way with the Colts, but have gained a tremendous amount of respect for them (even as a rival) and their players over the years.
Who is your team?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Who is your team?
He's a Jags fan.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
He's a Jags fan.
gotcha....
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are the Bolts ranked? i could see them being all over the map because as good as Cro and Jammer are, Weddle hasn't proven himself full time (despite his beastliness) and Hart...well, Hart is bad. Some people say he is solid, or improving, but no. He is bad.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Where are the Bolts ranked? i could see them being all over the map because as good as Cro and Jammer are, Weddle hasn't proven himself full time (despite his beastliness) and Hart...well, Hart is bad. Some people say he is solid, or improving, but no. He is bad.
Chargers are 5th. I love the depth at CB with Cro Jammer and Cason but I haven't seen enough of Weddle or Hart.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where are the Bears ranked? #8?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

I was actually very impressed with what I saw from Weddle last season. Kid's got a future in this league.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers ranking?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GREEN BAY!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

jk

anyway, the fins being 2nd is pretty funny.

Quote:
Jason Allen has the physical tools to excel as a starting free safety, but has started just nine games in his first two seasons and he will have former Atlanta starter Chris Crocker behind him if he falters.
Chris Crocker, great backup plan!

NOT!

Also I thought Terrence McGee was a pretty good CB, how is Buffalo so damn low?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote