Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jerry Porter has hamstring surgery

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

I guess this is a big blow to the Jags, but really you're in trouble if you're depending on Jerry Porter to be a big time player for you. I still like the Williamson pickup.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand what you could possibly like about the Williamson pickup.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

I guess this is a big blow to the Jags, but really you're in trouble if you're depending on Jerry Porter to be a big time player for you. I still like the Williamson pickup.
I think that shows a little of your true biases. Porter is no All-Pro, sure, but Williamson over Porter? No...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags hope he will be ready for Sept 7th opener? I say no way, look how bad a pulled hammy can put a WR out and affect their play the entire season. Cant imagine what surgery would do to it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't like the Williamson pickup. Trust me.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You don't like the Williamson pickup. Trust me.
But, but....he's been good in minicamps aka the greatest indicator for greatness in players. Also, Visanthe Shiancoe is gonna be a pro bowler...just an absolute stud who has been tearing up our minicamps this year.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that it matters, but I like how this news breaks like 1 day after I drafted him in a serious league, I mean, come on now...I thought he was a candidate to have a nice season around 1100/7 but he might miss the first half of the season just like any other WR's miss plenty games with pulled hammy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough luck for Porter, he might be a bit behind in the thick of things when the season starts.

btw, if Troy Williamson can catch the ball much better, then he's worth it. He can get open and get open deep which not many receivers can say, but obviously it means nothing without catching the ball to make receptions. Supposedly he's much improved now, but take anything said around this time with a grain of salt as it's all positive gloss.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not that it matters, but I like how this news breaks like 1 day after I drafted him in a serious league, I mean, come on now...I thought he was a candidate to have a nice season around 1100/7 but he might miss the first half of the season just like any other WR's miss plenty games with pulled hammy's.
I'd drop him and take a shot on a rookie WR or someone like Antonio Bryant if they are available...Ham string injuries for a WR just never turn out well for that season.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't understand what you could possibly like about the Williamson pickup.
Uh, obviously i don't think Williamson is > Porter. But I think it's a zero risk pickup to get a guy to stretch the defense for their pounding running game. He's still young and could develop. Hence, I like the acquisition.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I'd drop him and take a shot on a rookie WR or someone like Antonio Bryant if they are available...Ham string injuries for a WR just never turn out well for that season.
We'll im not dropping a guy this early into the season, that would be silly, but I will probably pick up Reggie Williams because he will put up some pretty good numbers with Porter out, however long that may be...With Wilford and Matt Jones gone, Williams should rack up quite a few TD's.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Uh, obviously i don't think Williamson is > Porter. But I think it's a zero risk pickup to get a guy to stretch the defense for their pounding running game. He's still young and could develop. Hence, I like the acquisition.
no, Troy Williamson SUCKS. In fact, he sucks metaforically, because if he was to actually provided suction he might hold on to a ball for a change. The Jaguars didn't acquire a young, talented wide receiver... they hired the fastest waterboy in the nfl.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter has been a overrated player for years I knew some team was going to throw big money at him and be let down.

I'm not saying he won't help the Jags but he will never be more then a #2 guy and will never have a 1000 yard season.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
no, Troy Williamson SUCKS. In fact, he sucks metaforically, because if he was to actually provided suction he might hold on to a ball for a change. The Jaguars didn't acquire a young, talented wide receiver... they hired the fastest waterboy in the nfl.
And we didn't see any signs of that during mini camp. He caught everything thrown his way.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
And we didn't see any signs of that during mini camp. He caught everything thrown his way.
Yeah, I bet...lol...minicamp...lol

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Yeah, I bet...lol...minicamp...lol
Laugh now. When we play you guys, it's not gunna be close.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I almost forgot the first rule of blind homerism: anyone who wears the uniform of your team is awesome and should be a HOF'er, regardless of how bad they were in the past.

My bad.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Laugh now. When we play you guys, it's not gunna be close.
Cute.

He's right. Williamson has a history of being bad, and mini-camp doesn't mean anything. He could be better, but there's no evidence that we can get ahead of ourselves in his case. As a Jaguars fan: see Owens, Chad.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
LOL classic.

Here's a memory refresher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyEemjm_7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81gpK...eature=related

You know you've had a rough career when you can type in "Troy Williamson drops" and a million highlights come up :D On the 2nd one it wasn't even that he dropped the pass, he didn't even judge it properly in the air, he just ran full speed past the ball and had no clue how to adjust...Your best bet is to not even get your hopes up.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 07-19-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm sorry, I almost forgot the first rule of blind homerism: anyone who wears the uniform of your team is awesome and should be a HOF'er, regardless of how bad they were in the past.

My bad.
Yes, because I'm clearly making him out to be a HOF'er. You got me.

All I said was that he was catching everything.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My bad.
I know, it's kinda like the Viking fans who believe that Tavaris Jackson will ever be anything better than terrible.

And I'm not tripping on Porter. This just gives Mike Walker more reps, which is never, ever a bad thing. He'll be the best receiver on our roster after this season.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-19-2008 at 05:59 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Porter in like 50 fantasy leagues and thought of him as a major sleeper so this does not make me happy.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
LOL classic.

Here's a memory refresher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyEemjm_7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81gpK...eature=related

You know you've had a rough career when you can type in "Troy Williamson drops" and a million highlights come up :D On the 2nd one it wasn't even that he dropped the pass, he didn't even judge it properly in the air, he just ran full speed past the ball and had no clue how to adjust...Your best bet is to not even get your hopes up.
I feel bad for the guy now.

I hope he succeeds.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, because I'm clearly making him out to be a HOF'er. You got me.

All I said was that he was catching everything.
Just to put so much trust in someone who never was able to catch balls. Lloyd is catching a lot of balls in Chicago and still i dont know if he can make the cut

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams is catching everything thrown his way for the Titans too.

I'm not sure it's that big a deal at this point :)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote