Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default Edgerrin James

What do you think hes thinking right now?

Maybe that he left one of the best offenses in NFl recent history just for money?

He could have had his ring and maybe a very good chance at being a sure fire hall of famer.

He has more money, but the Cardinals record was almost the opposite of the Colts lol.

Congrats on your super bowl win guys!
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he's enjoying that extra guaranteed money he got from Arizona. Maybe he can use it to buy a replica ring.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Im glad we got a great young running back in Joseph Addai. Never once this season did I say "if we would of had James" or anything close to that. Joseph Addai will be 24 this year. James will be 30. I hope he has fun in Arizona averaging 3 yards a carry

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Edge, I wish him the absolute best in Arizona and in trying to make the Cardinals a perennial winner just as he's done everywhere else he has been, and I even hope he comes back to the Colts when his contract is up - Edge keeps his body in excellent shape, and as Coach Dungy has noted is one of the few freaks of nature at runningback that we see usually in a decade, so it's not entirely out of the question.

I'll always root for Edgerrin James, the greatest runningback in Colts' franchise history. He never got enough touches in the post-season, but never once complained in the public about it like a true teammate; even leading up to Super Bowl XLI, he was nothing but supportive for his former teammates despite the hurt of being a spectator to a Florida-based Super Bowl no less. I hope he does come back and wins a ring with the team, to put the cap on a Hall of Fame career, as is my dream.

Last edited by Geo : 03-01-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Im glad we got a great young running back in Joseph Addai. Never once this season did I say "if we would of had James" or anything close to that. Joseph Addai will be 24 this year. James will be 30. I hope he has fun in Arizona averaging 3 yards a carry
i cant believe some of this bitterness directed towards edge, he is a true professional and his service at the colts was fantastic for the franchise as a whole. he is and will continue to be my favourite player in the league and i was devastated when he left, sure the he left void has been filled to a degree but it sure would be great to have him around still
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RL is a good poster, I don't think he was consciously bitter. As much as it hurt to say goodbye to Edge, having two backs on the roster share the load through the year provided the running game with fresher legs in the post-season. And the fact is, the Colts were wise to make a change at RB just as they did in 1999, trading away a salty Marshall Faulk who wanted a new contract and then drafting a young Edgerirn James out of the U.

One could argue that Edge would have had fresher legs if he didn't have to touch the ball 400 times a year, and of course, the bigger problem was actually giving Edge the ball in the post-season like the Colts gave Addai/Rhodes the ball in 2006. But we digress ...

I'm so glad for Edge and Cards fans (especially one very special Cards fan to this board :)) that Russ Grimm is the new offensive line coach for the Arizona Cardinals. I do think Marcel Shipp will have a share of touches, but with Grimm shaping up the talent in the offensive line which added a very good prospect in Levi Brown, and the highly promising young quarterback in Matt Leinart - who showed me flashes that I haven't seen since Peyton - and those stud receivers in place, hopefully Edge has a much better year in 2007 and helps lead yet another team of his to the post-season.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I agree totally. Edge was awesome, and I wish the best for him, but the Oline in arizona kinda sucks so he won't have too much fun :P. I was devastated when we lost Edge and didn't think Addai could handle the job. In the draft I wanted Maroney, and I was very dissapointed, but after this season I have full confidence in Addai and I'd rather be in this position than having cap trouble and losing someone els important with an older RB. I think Addai does the job just as well as Edge did.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Addai showed last week that he is a beast.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-11-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I thought Edge looked pretty good himself in Week 1 too, he almost single-handedly won the game for Arizona despite a passing game that was all but absent.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I thought Edge looked pretty good himself in Week 1 too, he almost single-handedly won the game for Arizona despite a passing game that was all but absent.
I agree Leinart looked terrible.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-22-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Quote:
THE COLT WHO GOT AWAY

Look at who is leading the NFC in rushing after two games - none other than Arizona running back Edgerrin James, who has racked up 220 yards.

What's more notable than James being the conference's leading rusher is the fact that he is averaging 4.4 yards per carry - a full yard more than he averaged last year.

This is the ultimate sign that Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt and his assistant head coach Russ Grimm are installing a sound and solid system.

Now the Cardinals take their newfound rushing success to one of football's toughest testing grounds - Baltimore, where a certain former University of Miami linebacker and ex-college teammate is waiting to greet James.