Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst team among these?
Oakland Raiders 3 6.00%
Kansas City Chiefs 9 18.00%
New York Jets 1 2.00%
Miami Dolpins 29 58.00%
Detroit Lions 1 2.00%
San Francisco 49ers 3 6.00%
St. Louis Rams 4 8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4th Annual NFLDC Pre-season Rankings: #31

Well we're rolling. You have already decided that the Atlanta Falcons are the worst team in the league so we are moving on to the runner up.

32. Atlanta Falcons

Folks, I apologize deeply. This is not the 3rd annual pre-season rankings, this is the 4th edition of these rankings. This is entirely my fault for the mixup and I am very sorry.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 07-23-2008 at 01:04 AM.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First to vote!
The Jets are the big winners....losers here.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is too far behind for them not to warrant this. What positions do they have solidified? No QB, Ronnie Brown, Who is their WR (Teddy Ginn is improving but still), OLine is porous, D Line is meh, LBs are old, DBs are old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I am off my rocker. In searching for the previous years' rankings, I found that we are on our 4th season doing our pre-season ranking. Incredible...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this should easily be the Dolphins. They're currently running a carousel at QB, their best player is coming off a serious injury, they have no weapons on offense, they traded their best defensive player on a defensive unit with little to no playmakers. This should be a layup.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think this should easily be the Dolphins. They're currently running a carousel at QB, their best player is coming off a serious injury, they have no weapons on offense, they traded their best defensive player on a defensive unit with little to no playmakers. This should be a layup.
Random Dolphins QB > Alex Smith

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Random Dolphins QB > Alex Smith
As much as i'd like to agree to that, i can't. Alex Smith has a healthy Frank Gore, Vernon Davis at TE and... who the heck plays WR for them?? Anyway, the 9ers line is improved, Larry Allen might might come back for another year, and their defense is a good bunch ahead of the Dolphins D. So that's why the Dolphins get my vote.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aww I didn't see these earlier.....I woulda started my Rams are the worst train, well now it starts....TIME FOR THE RAMS!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Aww I didn't see these earlier.....I woulda started my Rams are the worst train, well now it starts....TIME FOR THE RAMS!
The Rams will win at least 8 games this year Yoda. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
The Rams will win at least 8 games this year Yoda. =D
WOO-HOO!!! NIP is with me.....get on the train, RAMS SUCK!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I just think that the Rams' Oline is very fragile. By that, I mean they could be solid if Pace is healthy, or they could be absolutely crappy if he isn't. To have their success based upon that is not a good thing. Bulger is fragile--VERY fragile. If he goes down, then who? The Rams picked the wrong defensive lineman, and really, beyond Chris Long, Stephen Jackson and Torry Holt, they don't have a whole lot of talent on the team.

This was tough, honestly. I think it could go either way with the Rams, Chiefs or Dolphins.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I just think that the Rams' Oline is very fragile. By that, I mean they could be solid if Pace is healthy, or they could be absolutely crappy if he isn't. To have their success based upon that is not a good thing. Bulger is fragile--VERY fragile. If he goes down, then who? The Rams picked the wrong defensive lineman, and really, beyond Chris Long, Stephen Jackson and Torry Holt, they don't have a whole lot of talent on the team.

This was tough, honestly. I think it could go either way with the Rams, Chiefs or Dolphins.
It will be Trent Green, but he will get a concussion getting the play from the offensive coordinator, so then it will be up to B-Grad baby!!!!!! GRADKOWSKI, GRADKOWSKI, GRADKOWSKI!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
It will be Trent Green, but he will get a concussion getting the play from the offensive coordinator, so then it will be up to B-Grad baby!!!!!! GRADKOWSKI, GRADKOWSKI, GRADKOWSKI!!!!!!
But even if Green stays healthy, I have huge concerns about his ability to be productive. He's old, he has a noodle arm and I just don't think he could get it done in this league anymore.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Dolphins losing Jason Taylor, I voted them the worst in the league. So this must be the pick here. The Dolphins have no receivers, no QB as of now, an RB coming off ACL surgery, and a terrible defense.

Atlanta at least has some proven commodities.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
With the Dolphins losing Jason Taylor, I voted them the worst in the league. So this must be the pick here. The Dolphins have no receivers, no QB as of now, an RB coming off ACL surgery, and a terrible defense.

Atlanta at least has some proven commodities.
That's what keeps Miami so strongly in each of the last two polls for me too--trading Taylor, no WR, no QB, injured RB. But that RB was darn good before that injury last year. If he can come back and be a special back again, they could move up to #4 or 5. Atlanta--no QB, no offensive line, career backup at RB (Lamont Jordan?), 1 solid WR, mediocre defensive line and poor back 7. I see even less talent on the Falcons than on the Dolphins. What did it for me is that I feel that the 'Phins' line can be at least solidly mediocre. Long could be good at LT and Carey at RT at least solid. And then with a solid center, you're doing alright. Then I've already explained why I don't like the Rams this year. And the Chiefs, maybe I'll save that for next time.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't understand how the Rams are being voted as second worst. Steven Jackson alone will make sure they're not second worst. They still have a ton of weapons on offense, all they need is for their line to play decent. The defense is improving, and will be better with Chris Long. Injuries derailed this team last year, and they were second to last, everyone is healthy again, they made some solid picks, and they're still worse than the team that picked 1st overall and traded away their top defensive talent? I don't think so.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams will contend for a playoff spot next year with a healthy Bulger. Steven Jackson is an elite running back and that offense will win them 7-8 games in a terrible division. Not to mention I think Chris Long will have a great impact on their D line. 7-9.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't understand how the Rams are being voted as second worst. Steven Jackson alone will make sure they're not second worst. They still have a ton of weapons on offense, all they need is for their line to play decent. The defense is improving, and will be better with Chris Long. Injuries derailed this team last year, and they were second to last, everyone is healthy again, they made some solid picks, and they're still worse than the team that picked 1st overall and traded away their top defensive talent? I don't think so.
That didn't work this past season. They were the 2nd worst team with a 3-13 record.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote has got to go for the Dolphins. They improved a lot of positions, but almost none of those moves will truly pay dividends for at least two years.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

dolphins, parcells is getting them on the right track but it'll take a while
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper I will go with Miami I don't see the Rams being that bad playoffs maybe not but they won't be drafting top five.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is a pretty easy pick, the dolphins
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Looks like the Dolphins win this one. Next one coming up.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to know what makes the Dolphins worse than the Chiefs? I can easily see KC ending up with the first overall pick this year.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't ask me, I voted for the Jets.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote