Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-06-2006, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Whenever their is a big time fight the scorecards are a freaking joke. Anyone see the Toney/Rahman fight, they messed up real bad... fixed.
They didnt mess up. I had it scored for Toney, but that is just me. The judging is generally very good. There are just a few bad apples and people focus on those. The judges are very accurate for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:
I just hate how late the ppv's are on. I am f'n exhausted after watching them.
LOL, yeah but it's allll about building the excitement for the fight. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and who are you watching the fight with?

I'm j/w bc I'm 18 and I ussually watch the HBO and showtime fights with my dad and have a bunch of people over for the PPV fights that we actually DO get. Sometimes we have a bunch of people over for non-ppv fights too though like Corralles vs Castillo. (If Oscar fights Floyd I'm sure we'll get it).
I am 17 and I always watch every one with my friend (we alternate buying), who is an amazing boxer in his own right. Us two are like the core guys and then for the really big ppv fights we have all of our friends. But for most fights just me and him(and sometimes his dad) watch because we are both really into it and dont want to have to deal with stupid questions from people who dont get it.
You have no idea how luck you are to have a friend that is in to boxing as much as you are... I introduce all of my friends to it but noone has gotten too too hooked yet.

Gatti vs Ward 1 ussually gets people mighty excited though.
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants
hey i was wondering does any 1 no w.e happend to diosbelys hurtado?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Whenever their is a big time fight the scorecards are a freaking joke. Anyone see the Toney/Rahman fight, they messed up real bad... fixed.
It's not always like that though. I was thinking the other day, you guys realize how much harder it is to judge a fight from ringside than from watching it from TV?

Like we get EVERY angle and see every punch and if the ref gets in the way, we just change camera angles... I know the judges are AWWWWWFFFUUUUULLLLL sometimes, but without announcers guideing your influence and all the right angles, I could see how it would be more difficult to accurately score a fight.
If you have ever been to a fight live and have had good seats it is totally different that tv. You tend to be able to guage power better than watching on tv. So, while one guy may seem to be landing more shots to the tv viever, the other fighter may be landing by far the more powerful and effective shots. Remember, boxing is scored with an emphasis on CLEAN, EFFECTIVE punching, not volume punching
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, yeah but it's allll about building the excitement for the fight. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and who are you watching the fight with?

I'm j/w bc I'm 18 and I ussually watch the HBO and showtime fights with my dad and have a bunch of people over for the PPV fights that we actually DO get. Sometimes we have a bunch of people over for non-ppv fights too though like Corralles vs Castillo. (If Oscar fights Floyd I'm sure we'll get it).
I am 17 and I always watch every one with my friend (we alternate buying), who is an amazing boxer in his own right. Us two are like the core guys and then for the really big ppv fights we have all of our friends. But for most fights just me and him(and sometimes his dad) watch because we are both really into it and dont want to have to deal with stupid questions from people who dont get it.
You have no idea how luck you are to have a friend that is in to boxing as much as you are... I introduce all of my friends to it but noone has gotten too too hooked yet.

My friend loves Gatti, he is his favorite fighter. He doesnt fight like him at all though which is kind of strange.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=6093
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Just as I stick up for the judges, one bonehead gives the ouma rubio fight to rubio even though kassim won 10 out of 12 on most scorecards. Kassim still won a SD though
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=6093
thanks i was just wondering since i had one of his shirts but i didnt remember seeing him fight in a while
Old 05-06-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

fight should begin shortly, like 15 min because they have to do intros and nat anthem
Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You have to pick a good 1st fight. I love boxing,but some fights can be brutal to watch, and a first time viewer will be turned off. If emanuel augustus is ever on FNF on ESPN watch that with one of your friends, he is always entertaining.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

DLH coming out now to mexican music in a blue and gold robe. Looks focused, no smiles at all.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Mayorga comes out to upbeat music in pink and black robe and a hat. he also looks focused, no smiles.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Im gonna go watch now, will be back after round 4 for an update and i will tell you how my card looks
Old 05-06-2006, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I will update very quick. Mayorga came out swiniging. DLH countered with a beautiful left hook and scored knock down. 10-8 DLH
Old 05-06-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Oscar good again in rd 2, He looks sharp as hell. Mayorga has no chance and I think he will be Ko'd by rd 5 if he doesnt get his sh#t together fast.

20- 17 DLH
Old 05-06-2006, 10:45 AM    (permalink

Quote:
I will update very quick. Mayorga came out swiniging. DLH countered with a beautiful left hook and scored knock down. 10-8 DLH
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 05-06-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You have to pick a good 1st fight. I love boxing,but some fights can be brutal to watch, and a first time viewer will be turned off. If emanuel augustus is ever on FNF on ESPN watch that with one of your friends, he is always entertaining.
Lol I know all about that. I actually think he might be coming up soon, they were talking about him on Wednesday during the Cruz vs Mitchell fight (i think it was then).
Old 05-06-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

rd 3 goes to DLH again. he was againm really good and landed well. Mayorga did catch him with a huge uppercut though. still for DLH though. great clean effective punching

30-26 DLH
Old 05-06-2006, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Mayorga is tough as nails and keeps coming forward, but DLH was the clear winner again in round 4. Again, clean effective punching and thorouighly dominant performance. He looks great and blocks most of mayorgas looping shots

40-35 DLH
Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Same story. Dlh dominant, Mayorga tough as hell. Mayorga is hitting behind the head and may get a pt deducted if he keeps doing so. Oscar looks great though landing at will.

50- 44 DLH
Old 05-06-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink

I'm so happy through round 4 lol. De La La looks like he brought his A game I just hope he doesnt get too cocky.

Tell me, does this remind you of his first fight with Vargas? Like is it that enertaining or is it just Oscar domination?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

DLH WINS BY ROUND 6 KO. Awesome, awesome performance by DLH. He knocked him down then unleashed a flury as soon as mayorga got up and the ref stopped in. Good stoppage, Mayoirga waas a sitting duck at that point.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

its over

oscar won

ricardo looked horrible

and to be honest i think don king mite have fixed this fight
Old 05-06-2006, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm so happy through round 4 lol. De La La looks like he brought his A game I just hope he doesnt get too cocky.

Tell me, does this remind you of his first fight with Vargas? Like is it that enertaining or is it just Oscar domination?
it was entertaining because ricardo took it and kept coming
Old 05-06-2006, 11:01 AM    (permalink

Quote:
its over

oscar won

ricardo looked horrible

and to be honest i think don king mite have fixed this fight
That makes no sense, Don reps Mayorga not Oscar I thought.