Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons Training Camp Thread

You guys know whatsup? Any pics or information would be good. Any good place for information?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best place for information, pics and such is defenetly af.com

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/MediaL...toLanding.aspx < pics

They uploaded like a million pics for everyday so you'll see a lot there.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/MediaL...eoLanding.aspx < vids

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 07-29-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our head coach is too...friendly.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Agreed, the players should be a little afraid of the coach especially in football. I hate a coach like that.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have heard that our coach runs a very balanced practice. I dont know if I am a fan of that yet.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 07-29-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see a problem with this. As long as he still gets his message across to his players it shouldn't matter. Everyone has their own style and way of dealing with things.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Man he said he doesnt want them to hit much, so he wont have them in full pads a lot. He wants them to be healthy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Good to see the activity on these boards are picking up again, ive kinda missed posting here.

How about Erik Coleman today calling Brent Grimes "the most athletic guy iv ever played with"? I cant wait to see what this guy can do.

Some other encouraging things iv heard.
Sam Baker treated Chauncey Davis "like a rag doll" during and offence V defence matchup
Jamaal Anderson was asked "to do some things with his body in the weight room and has .... responded well"
Harry Douglass is tearing up
Chris Houston developing mentally and his ball skills are coming along
Curtis Lofton is now in the 1st team
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

come on DMH, (btw you should ask the mods to change your account name)

ITS FOOTBALL SEASON, whoooo playoff here we come!

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 07-29-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Good to see the activity on these boards are picking up again, ive kinda missed posting here.

How about Erik Coleman today calling Brent Grimes "the most athletic guy iv ever played with"? I cant wait to see what this guy can do.

Some other encouraging things iv heard.
Sam Baker treated Chauncey Davis "like a rag doll" during and offence V defence matchup
Jamaal Anderson was asked "to do some things with his body in the weight room and has .... responded well"
Harry Douglass is tearing up
Chris Houston developing mentally and his ball skills are coming along
Curtis Lofton is now in the 1st team
I'm pretty sure Harry Douglas will be out for a few weeks the next time we go full pads. You can not evade the law forever.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man, it sounds like this team is trying to catch lightning in a bottle right now and to me the signing of Grady now means that we're thinking we can make a serious run this year. I don't see why we couldn't, our LBs are insane, our DL with Grady is MORE than adequate, and if Jamaal plays up to his potential even a few games this year we could be looking at 10 sacks from him and Abe...

Babs has been consistently the most underrated player I can remember. The guy led the DTs in the entire league for tackles for loss AS A BACKUP. The kid knows how to get into the backfield and bring down a ball carrier. Not to mention he has always been Rod Coleman in waiting, now is his time to step it up. I think at this point it's put up or shut up for him and I'd be willing to bet he's going to be putting it up in a big way this year.

Douglas is a stud, period, and now with him at the #3 WR spot...I'm loving our passing attack, we need the offensive line to gel, if they do, look out. We have the skill at the WR position to destroy teams if they put 8 in the box to stop our insane RB duo, and if they drop the extra in coverage, if our line gels, you can put money down on 5.5 ypc for Turner and 6.5 for Norwood.

I think we're still a year away from the playoffs at least, but this team gets me excited with this coach in place. I'm stoked to see what we can put together on the field.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Agreed, the players should be a little afraid of the coach especially in football. I hate a coach like that.

It's really all about the player. Personally, I'd love playing under Mike Smith. I hate coaches who yell. That isn't going to motivate me or make me do any better. Quite frankly, it's annoying. Same thing with not hitting a lot. I've always felt like I'm a starting defensive player. I can tackle just fine, much rather work on game like situations seeing plays. So, it could definately be good for some guys.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
It's really all about the player. Personally, I'd love playing under Mike Smith. I hate coaches who yell. That isn't going to motivate me or make me do any better. Quite frankly, it's annoying. Same thing with not hitting a lot. I've always felt like I'm a starting defensive player. I can tackle just fine, much rather work on game like situations seeing plays. So, it could definately be good for some guys.
I always had a uptempo coach who screams his lungs out at me then tells me he loves me after practice. Mike Smith wont make anyone cry (cough cough saban cough) but if he can win games for us i'll be happy.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 07-29-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always had a uptempo coach who screams his lungs out at me then tells me he loves me after practice. Mike Smith wont make anyone cry (cough cough saban cough) but if he can win games for us i'll be happy.

Exactly. I just know coaches who yell just are annoying to me. Whether it's trying to get me fired up, or if I make a mistake. You yelling isn't going to make me knotch 5 sacks in a game. And if I make a mistake, let me know about it. Talk to me calmly letting me know how to fix it. That's just always how I've prefered it.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

As for the DB situation, no matter how you put it we have the worst defensive backfield in the nation on paper. I expect a very bad defense overall this year unless our defensive line can get pressure on the QB.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
As for the DB situation, no matter how you put it we have the worst defensive backfield in the nation on paper. I expect a very bad defense overall this year unless our defensive line can get pressure on the QB.
I expect the best defense in the NFL, whats up now?

IF "our defensive line can get pressure on the QB"

OUR "DB situation" will be great

...IF

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I expect the best defense in the NFL, whats up now?

IF "our defensive line can get pressure on the QB"

OUR "DB situation" will be great

...IF
The only way our DB situation would look great is if this were our lineup.

DE- Bruce Smith
DT- Reggie White
DT- Warren Sapp
DE- Lawrence Taylor

That's about it. But I would like that lineup.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
The only way our DB situation would look great is if this were our lineup.

DE- Bruce Smith
DT- Reggie White
DT- Warren Sapp
DE- Lawrence Taylor

That's about it. But I would like that lineup.
DE- John Abraham
DT- Grady Jackson
DT- Jonathan Babineux
DE- Jamaal Anderson

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-29-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
come on DMH, (btw you should ask the mods to change your account name)

ITS FOOTBALL SEASON, whoooo playoff here we come!
Mine and DMF's name will forever stay showing how long we have been with the Falcons.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Mine and DMF's name will forever stay showing how long we have been with the Falcons.
haha it's so weird you ****** it up too. In my first post i had it DMF then i saw it and changed it to DMH.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

It's like having a tattoo of an ex-girlfriends name.

Yeah, I agree with Bama though. I'm not confident in our secondary at all. I think teams could rack a lot of yards through the air against us. Should be good against the run though.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah no doubt our 2ndary will have issues. As supid and "madden esk" as it sounds i really like the idea of Ty Law. High character ex Patriot (TD link possibly) even if he doesnt see the feild much, just like a player/mentor telling the guys to keep their heads up if the chips are down etc. Dont underestimate Joe Horns impact last year on white AND who knows, Laurent might of taken 3 years to develop in the player he was last year if not for Horn in TC.

In other news, despite my earlier predicitions of Erik Colemen being a Chris Crocker clone- he is actually making plays and racking up the pics in TC. And also, Roddy White is look ALL WORLD in camp
hmm 1500yrds 8 TD probowl alternate -my predicition
Old 07-31-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Quarterback Matt Ryan ran with the first team offense for part of Wednesday's practice and led the group to a late touchdown.

Head Coach Mike Smith said the practice schedule allows for multiple quarterbacks to work with the first string during Russell Falcons Training Camp.

Wednesday was Ryan's day.

And he took advantage.

The third-overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft needed just three plays during the final team period before he found Roddy White deep down the left side for a touchdown. He also led the offense in a goal line setting and pushed the team out from its own 3 yard line.

In a two-minute drill, Ryan found White again for a touchdown. The play, which was the last of Wednesday's practice, was highlight worthy for White; he plucked the ball from the air after it bounced off Chris Houston's helmet.

"We want to make sure guys are getting in different situations and I think you guys saw how we did it today," Smith said. "Chris (Redman) started one period, the next period was Joey (Harrington) and then it was Matt."

Ryan showed command of the pocket and made several types of throws. He even scrambled up the middle of the field for a few yards during the two-minute drill. He also demonstrated a particularly strong connection with White.

"I'm starting to get a better feel with those guys," the rookie said of his receivers. "There's a number of guys I'm starting to get a good feel with. That's the beauty of camp..."

Smith said the team isn't close to making decisions about the quarterback competition.

"I don't know there's a set time in terms of what we're going to do as far as making a decision," the coach said. "I think the time frame can move and change based on how the players perform. We want to give everyone an opportunity to go out there and compete."

That stuff is pretty exciting. The chemistry Ryan is building with White seems to be pretty awesome.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Yeah no doubt our 2ndary will have issues. As supid and "madden esk" as it sounds i really like the idea of Ty Law. High character ex Patriot (TD link possibly) even if he doesnt see the feild much, just like a player/mentor telling the guys to keep their heads up if the chips are down etc. Dont underestimate Joe Horns impact last year on white AND who knows, Laurent might of taken 3 years to develop in the player he was last year if not for Horn in TC.

In other news, despite my earlier predicitions of Erik Colemen being a Chris Crocker clone- he is actually making plays and racking up the pics in TC. And also, Roddy White is look ALL WORLD in camp
hmm 1500yrds 8 TD probowl alternate -my predicition
If you put up those numbers, especially 1,500 yards receiving, you are not a probowl alternate, but a starter. Easy.

Reggie Wayne had 1,510 yards receiving last year, first in the NFL. 1,500 would have been second, ahead of Randy Moss.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I dont know if Roddy can do it yet, but the news out of camp seems to be nice. If Ryan and Roddy can build a good chemistry, then Roddy might end up getting alot of good looks. Even with Redman playing, Roddy should light it up. Redman throws a really nice medium-deep ball.