Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im delighted with everything im hearing from camp, this offseason was rough, but Arthur Blank, TD, and smitty had a plan and it looks like it's going as planned so far.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Camp has me excited and believing that anything is possible...not likely but possible. I liked the additions we made in the secondary, I hate that Von had to get hurt, but I think that Chevis can play nickel very well. Houston still has to improve his ball skills, but Grimes and Houston opposite one another could prove impossible to beat deep allowing Milloy to play that 8th man in the box to help out our DL should they need it.

Ryan, well, I must say he's impressing me. I go back and watch the VT game from time to time, when I saw him in that game he basically changed my mind toward him, I just wanted a QB who could bring the heat with the ball, well bringing the heat doesn't appear to be his problem, he just can't chuck it 65+ yards, which you don't need to do often, it's just nice to have the strength but his passes seem to have pop on them. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him start week 1 against Detroit, and I'm also not going to be surprised if Roddy White is snubbed from the Pro Bowl. I'd be willing to put 1100 yards an 10 TDs on him this year. He's just going to have a hard time making the Pro Bowl over Boldin, Fitz, Holt, Owens and the like.

It's not for lack of ability, but name recognition, and without primetime games to show everyone, he's going to stay down for a little while. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons games get moved down into that primetime slot if Ryan can produce earlier than anyone SHOULD expect him to.

Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood have my total confidence, I'd be surprised if we don't have 2k+ yards out of our backs this year, and I'd say 2200 isn't out of the question by any stretch. I know Turner hasn't proved anything on the field yet as a starter, but I think running against the Saints, Bucs, and Panthers twice a year that's 750 yards in those 6 games alone. Hell the 2 Saints games could be 350 =) haha. Anyway all dreaming aside...

Falcons likely to win 6 games this year, possibly could win 10 if everything goes right with injuries / rookies producing etc.

Here's to hoping that TD hit some major longballs (and so far it sounds like he has)
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Im delighted with everything im hearing from camp, this offseason was rough, but Arthur Blank, TD, and smitty had a plan and it looks like it's going as planned so far.
Camp always sounds great. Always.

As of right now I am still expecting 0-4 wins this season, 6 being the high if we are 2006 49ers like overachievers.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random early stat predictions:

Matt Ryan: 2000 yards 14 TDs 17 ints

Roddy White: 1200 rec. yards 8 TDs

Michael Turner: 1050 rush yards 8 TDs

Jerious Norwood: 900 rush yards 3 TDs

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Camp always sounds great. Always.

As of right now I am still expecting 0-4 wins this season, 6 being the high if we are 2006 49ers like overachievers.

Meh, holding a major injury, I think we will be a little better then that. We improved, so I really can't see us getting worse. I'm thinking 5-11, 6-10.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any teams, barring maybe the Dolphins, worst than us on paper. The Chiefs, 49ers, Lions, and Jets will be down there with us, that is about it.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Random early stat predictions:

Matt Ryan: 2000 yards 14 TDs 17 ints

Roddy White: 1200 rec. yards 8 TDs

Michael Turner: 1050 rush yards 8 TDs

Jerious Norwood: 900 rush yards 3 TDs
Michael Turner 1200 rush yards 8 TD
Jerious Norwood 700 rush yards 3 TD

Roddy I agree with, Matt Ryan I'm not sure yet.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Turner 1200 rush yards 8 TD
Jerious Norwood 700 rush yards 3 TD

Roddy I agree with, Matt Ryan I'm not sure yet.
way too optimistic imo..

turner - 850 yards 9 TDs
norwood - 550 yards 4 TDs
white - 1100 yards 11 TDs
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
way too optimistic imo..

turner - 850 yards 9 TDs
norwood - 550 yards 4 TDs
white - 1100 yards 11 TDs
Well, I could say you are being optimistic by having us score so much.

Turner wasn't given 35 million to carry the ball 200 times. He was given 35 million to tote the rock. He will get at least 270 carries, probably closer to 300 barring injury. I'd say he averages between 3.8 and 4.6 yards a carry, putting the total (at 280 carries) at 1,008-1,288. If he gets 300 carries then I'd say between 3.6 and 4.4 so 1,080 to 1,320. I don't see how you have him getting only 850 yards. That sounds crazy to me, considering the amount of money we are paying him. He will get the ball.

He will get over 1,000 yards this season barring injury, and my personal prediction is 300/ 1,230/ 8TD/ 4.1 YPC.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah.. i did go a little overboard on the TDs there.
i just dont see our O-line getting the blocking we need for our RBs to have much success. and i like having low expectations.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
yeah.. i did go a little overboard on the TDs there.
i just dont see our O-line getting the blocking we need for our RBs to have much success. and i like having low expectations.
850 yards on 260 carries (basically the lowest I could see him getting, I see him getting 300) would be a 3.3 yard per carry average. Don't see that happening.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

... Jamaal Anderson picked up a sack and forced a fumble; he swatted the ball out of Redman's extended throwing hand (a four-point play).

This was from Friday Night Lights...that's a good sign...or a REALLY bad one, but it's pre-season so lets hope it's a good one.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
... Jamaal Anderson picked up a sack and forced a fumble; he swatted the ball out of Redman's extended throwing hand (a four-point play).

This was from Friday Night Lights...that's a good sign...or a REALLY bad one, but it's pre-season so lets hope it's a good one.

Wow. He must have been surprised to even be near the QB. I'm really not sure how his fat ass even made it past the OT.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Wow. He must have been surprised to even be near the QB. I'm really not sure how his fat ass even made it past the OT.
lmao. One of the few times I actually lold haha..

Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

keep them coming, i hear he's bulked up and looks much better this year. He's only 22 so you gotta give him time.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

our starting o-line right now

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-02-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
keep them coming, i hear he's bulked up and looks much better this year. He's only 22 so you gotta give him time.
Well I thought that was the problem lol.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I thought that was the problem lol.
He got stronger, that was a problem.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

His main problem was explosion, and getting bigger doesn't help that. He came to college as a wide receiver and just has kept growing. Last year it finally appeared that the growth got to him, he had lost that quickness. He, JMO of course, needs to get to where he was his Jr. season at Arkansas, which I believe was 280, maybe less. Noone drafts a DE without pass rush ability with the eighth pick in the draft.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

His fatass cant lose weight man, he gain like 50lbs every year lol.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good to hear that turner is having a good camp. ive always liked him. do you guys think with matt ryan in at qb that there will be more or less passing to the rbs? i know dunn had like 37 catches last year and norwood had like 28 i believe. turners never really been known for being a receiving rb so id assume norwood would get the bulk of the catches right?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
good to hear that turner is having a good camp. ive always liked him. do you guys think with matt ryan in at qb that there will be more or less passing to the rbs? i know dunn had like 37 catches last year and norwood had like 28 i believe. turners never really been known for being a receiving rb so id assume norwood would get the bulk of the catches right?
That'll probably be the case, falcons dont have TEs, and they cant use WRs all the time.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most likely Turner will be used on less passing plays than Norwood. Last I heard about the Falcons' gameplan, they were going to try to get Norwood the ball more through the air.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I actually think that Jamaal is much slimmer than he was and a LOT more tone from what I've seen. Seen a few pictures of him one where the ball was being snapped and Jam was by far the farthest into the backfield, which is either a really good thing or a really bad thing.

But I don't think he's bulked up, he's toned up and slimmed down, at least that's how it looks to me.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I actually think that Jamaal is much slimmer than he was and a LOT more tone from what I've seen. Seen a few pictures of him one where the ball was being snapped and Jam was by far the farthest into the backfield, which is either a really good thing or a really bad thing.

But I don't think he's bulked up, he's toned up and slimmed down, at least that's how it looks to me.

Coaching staff probably let him get a head start to make up for his complete lack of pass rushing skills.