Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dre Bly to Denver?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2007_03.html#241496

Quote:
Bly trade to Denver looking strong
The proposed deal that would send cornerback Dre Bly to the Denver Broncos continues to get stronger.

In return, the Lions would receive either running back Tatum Bell and a third-round pick or tackle George Foster and a third-round pick or Bell and Foster together with no draft choice.

If the Lions get both Bell and Foster, it will have a profound impact on their draft and would likely mean that they'll definitely trade down. With Bell and Foster on the roster, the need for Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas or Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson is gone. The Lions would have more motivation to trade down a few spots and go after a defensive end like Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson. Or trade a few more spots and grab Mississippi middle linebacker Patrick Willis.

If the Lions can only get one player from the Broncos, they would probably prefer Bell because then they can use their top draft choice on Thomas. They don't want to draft Peterson as insurance for Kevin Jones, who is expected to return.

The Bly trade is not imminent, but it's the strongest one on the board -- and the one that could help the Lions the most.

How great would this be? Which of the three options would you choose? I think I would take both players. And then take CJ at 2, lol.

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

It's official

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-01-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

great find there xio, i think i would take bell and a third round pick. bell is very fast he and calhoun would be like the untouchables. but that raises the question who would we draft with the 3rd rounder, maybe dan baz? something like

1st adams
2nd merriweather
3rd best tackle/ i really think we are going to sign davis
3rd b. DANO

good solid defensive draft. also i was thinking if we don't draft thomas in the first, we have a slim outside chance at landing ugoh in the second who really had a solid combine.
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I would also have to go with Bell and a 3rd. Pick up a replacement CB with that 3rd round pick. Drop a little in the draft to acquire another pick and draft Patrick Willis or Gaines Adams. We need both quality and quantity so getting more picks is a must. Also packaging those later picks might also move us up into the 2nd round if there is a player that we LOVE still on the board.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think about it though, if we get Bell and Foster for Bly, our needs at RB and OT will be filled. Leaving us with MLB, DE, OG, and CB. Now I have to think that we will fill at least one of those remaining needs in free agency (likely MLB or DE).

I would seriously consider taking CJ at 2 if we did the trade for Foster and Bell.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

YES YES YES YES YES YES
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

HA! HAHAHA!

HOLY ****!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

HAHAHA!

Man... i'm so ******* happy right now... we improved our OLine and got Tatum Bell... YES! That's ******* badass. Now, we don't necessarily need JThomas and wont look at Peterson... which means... DEEEEEEEEEEFENCEEEEEEEEE!

HAHA!

If Millen trades down this year, we are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Trade down, then take Willis. Use the remaining picks on CB, DE, ANYTHING else.

Man... i'm happy.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think, in a way, this helps us trade down. Arizona now knows that we will NOT be taking Joe Thomas, and they know that Cleveland will scoop him up at #3. If they want him, there is now no doubt that they will need to deal with Detroit to get him.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We got a 5th rounder too!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

We win in this deal... definately. Could Foster play OG? Or, could Scott play OG and keep Foster at OT?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
HA! HAHAHA!

HOLY ****!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

HAHAHA!

Man... i'm so ******* happy right now... we improved our OLine and got Tatum Bell... YES! That's ******* badass. Now, we don't necessarily need JThomas and wont look at Peterson... which means... DEEEEEEEEEEFENCEEEEEEEEE!

HAHA!

If Millen trades down this year, we are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Trade down, then take Willis. Use the remaining picks on CB, DE, ANYTHING else.

Man... i'm happy.
Wow talk about optimism!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So will it be RB by committee next year and who will be the starter???
Old 03-01-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
So will it be RB by committee next year and who will be the starter???
Kevin Jones is without question the starter when he's 100% healthy again. Tatum Bell will get a lot of playing time early on and as a backup though. Brian Calhoun will get some carries too.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Very good deal. Arizona is goning to HAVE to trade with us if they want Joe Thomas. I think they would be stupid not to. Leonard Davis is gone and they need OLine help BAD. I think Scott bumps into OG and they keep Foster at RT. They are gonna ask ALOT for that second pick and I don't blame them. If OAK trades Moss and get Rodgers back with another pick, they will more than likely go with CJ21 and leave BOTH QB's on the board. That makes the pick very valuable because then CLE will have their pick and people will want to jump in front of them. This draft could be VERY INTERESTING. I expect alot of movement. This is the best case for us. Could Millen have done the right thing?
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great trade if millen is able to trade down and get anothe rsecond round then he has done a great job so far two impact players and a 5th round pick for a player we would have cut anyway is fantastic
Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
great trade if millen is able to trade down and get anothe rsecond round then he has done a great job so far two impact players and a 5th round pick for a player we would have cut anyway is fantastic
Exactly.

Now we have 3 5th round draft choices?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we definately won this deal...
Old 03-01-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

I asked this in another thread:

Why was Bly an overrated, declining and "average" corner a week ago, and now forms "one of the best CB duos in the NFL"?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pair anyone with Champ Bailey and he automatically makes anyone one look good. Also, teams will be forced to throw at Bly because no one throws to Baileys side, and that plays to Bly's strengths as a playmaker instead of a shut down corner.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good trade. Gives us options.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

I wouldn't write off Joe Thomas as a Lion yet, but I do like the improved odds of our drafting Calvin Johnson. We can still use our extra fifth round picks to trade up for another pick in the third round, maybe, and still get the DE and CB help we need.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though our histroy with WR's has been shady... I'm liking CJ @2 a lot. A trade-down would mean it'll be Gaines Adams, and a big trade-down would mean willis. If we stay put though... I like CJ.

Just thinking, but trading down to... like 8 or 9 wouldn't that mean we should be able to land an extra 2nd round pick? That'd be great, pick a young o-line guy, just in case half the O-line finds itself on the injury list again, like last year.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh joyous occasion!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Even though our histroy with WR's has been shady... I'm liking CJ @2 a lot. A trade-down would mean it'll be Gaines Adams, and a big trade-down would mean willis. If we stay put though... I like CJ.

Just thinking, but trading down to... like 8 or 9 wouldn't that mean we should be able to land an extra 2nd round pick? That'd be great, pick a young o-line guy, just in case half the O-line finds itself on the injury list again, like last year.
If we trade down to 8 or 9 we better pick up a lot, lot more than just an extra second round pick. We got a second rounder from Cleveland a couple years ago for moving down one spot.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitsports View Post
If we trade down to 8 or 9 we better pick up a lot, lot more than just an extra second round pick. We got a second rounder from Cleveland a couple years ago for moving down one spot.
I'd be happy with just about any deal down at this point. We could take Landry, Adams, or Anderson. I'd be happy with any of them, plus whatever picks we get.

I would accept a 1st rounder from next year's draft too. Future picks are nice too.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetical Situation here.. More than likely not going to happen, but this would be awesome..

Trade down to #5 with Arizona (Joe Thomas), Pick up their Round 2 and 3.. then trade down with Houston (Brady Quinn), and Pick up their Round 3 also.... That would be a yummy scenario. We'd have Pick #8, Two Round 2 Picks, Three Round 3 Picks, a Round 4, Three Round 5 Picks, and a Round 6.. That's a Hall of Fame draft right there!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote