Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default Where they stand

Tough to say before the first preseason game, but from what you read, there are some signs of promise. Looks like some of the rookies are doing well. Long is obviously the starting LT, but it looks like Thomas might be the starting RG. Looks like Langford and Merling are showing the promise that they could be the bookend DE's for this 3-4 defense for a while. Henne seems to be progressing nicely and it really looks like he will starting before the yr is out... Parmele has had some nice things said about him and appears to have a future here. On the undrafted side, Davone Bess appears to have a shot at the #5 WR position. On the down side, have not heard positives about Shawn Murphy or Lex Hilliard. Seems like both are really struggling. Have not heard anything about Dotson, which is probably not a good sign for him.

Some hot and cold about the previous regimes' players as well. I think Beck's days here are numbered. I really think they are going to put their guy in and let him ride. I hope if they do get rid of him, that some team will cough up a 2nd day pick as he is young and has some ability. I have not read anything great about Ginn and they really need him to step up. The opposite is true of Hagan, though I will believe that when I see him actually catch passes... I think Jason Allen will really take a step up this yr and might be the young guy that we need to step up in the secondary. I think Roth may also be a guy who finds himself out of here. It looks like they are trying him as a hybrid OLB/DE and I think if some team was looking to get him for a 2nd day pick, they would dump him. I really hope Soliai can step up and be the future at NT. With his ability and big body, he would fit like a glove. Hopefully, the light goes on....

I guess we will see with the first preseason game, but at least it looks like there are better days ahead. Still plenty of work to do, though.......

BTW, A big NO vote on my part for Pennington coming here. Looks like the word is that Miami is interested. I hope it does not happen. No need to muddy things up around here. Let Henne get his shot early on and not have the retreads around.......

Last edited by Quagmire : 08-07-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Tough to say before the first preseason game, but from what you read, there are some signs of promise. Looks like some of the rookies are doing well. Long is obviously the starting LT, but it looks like Thomas might be the starting RG. Looks like Langford and Merling are showing the promise that they could be the bookend DE's for this 3-4 defense for a while. Henne seems to be progressing nicely and it really looks like he will starting before the yr is out... Parmele has had some nice things said about him and appears to have a future here. On the undrafted side, Davone Bess appears to have a shot at the #5 WR position. On the down side, have not heard positives about Shawn Murphy or Lex Hilliard. Seems like both are really struggling. Have not heard anything about Dotson, which is probably not a good sign for him.

Some hot and cold about the previous regimes' players as well. I think Beck's days here are numbered. I really think they are going to put their guy in and let him ride. I hope if they do get rid of him, that some team will cough up a 2nd day pick as he is young and has some ability. I have not read anything great about Ginn and they really need him to step up. The opposite is true of Hagan, though I will believe that when I see him actually catch passes... I think Jason Allen will really take a step up this yr and might be the young guy that we need to step up in the secondary. I think Roth may also be a guy who finds himself out of here. It looks like they are trying him as a hybrid OLB/DE and I think if some team was looking to get him for a 2nd day pick, they would dump him. I really hope Soliai can step up and be the future at NT. With his ability and big body, he would fit like a glove. Hopefully, the light goes on....

I guess we will see with the first preseason game, but at least it looks like there are better days ahead. Still plenty of work to do, though.......
You haven't read anything great about Ginn? You must not be reading a whole lot then. Everything I have read this offseason is coming from Sparano himself and how he thinks the game is really slowing down for him. He believes Ginn can be a #1 in this league for sure and is progressing nicely towards that.

That being said, can't wait for Saturday!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
You haven't read anything great about Ginn? You must not be reading a whole lot then. Everything I have read this offseason is coming from Sparano himself and how he thinks the game is really slowing down for him. He believes Ginn can be a #1 in this league for sure and is progressing nicely towards that.

That being said, can't wait for Saturday!
Bow,

If you read the daily reports from camp in the SS and PBP, it seems like Ginn is not doing a heck of a lot. Seems Hagan is the WR having the best camp. I hope he has turned the corner and that the reports are wrong because the offense really needs him.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hagan has been better seems just needs to hold onto the dang ball
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote