Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
have u seen the bears offense play?
Yeah, and Joshua Cribbs is a better field position returnman anyway. The only reason Hester scores more is because he is lightning fast and Joshua Cribbs isn't at all very fast. He's just a bad dude.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
PocketFullOfGloves

People seem to forget that returners tend to be flashes in the pan. I would be surprised if Hester remained even the best returner in the league in the next few seasons, let alone replicated his past success.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
well i was talking about a new team not on your current favourtie team :)
Well, the title said "your team". But anyway, I'd say Devin Hester on a new team and Cromartie on any team already in the league other than

Green Bay
Oakland
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Chicago
Carolina
Washington
Denver
Dallas

and possibly San Francisco.

The reason for this is the reason that for years I said that if I was making a new team, I'd take Michael Vick over Peyton Manning. Not because he was a better quarterback, but because I felt Vick was the type of quarterback who could have more success with absolutely no talent around him whatsoever. Because on an expansion team, you simply don't know what you're going to get. And all things being worthless, I'm going to go with Hester because given nothing, I think he would impact a team more. But given a roster that could compete with lets say, more than the Dolphins, Falcons and Raiders of 2007, I would go with Cromartie.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a public poll should have been used here ..
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Well, the title said "your team". But anyway, I'd say Devin Hester on a new team and Cromartie on any team already in the league other than

Green Bay
Oakland
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Chicago
Carolina
Washington
Denver
Dallas
I would be estatic if the Eagles got him. I would hope the Eagles played dime packages all year. Or Move Sheldon Brown to FS and Dawkins to SS and have Cro be the #2 or #3 CB. I would want the Eagles putting him in on offense (was a WR recruit out of HS) and he has the hands to do so. I would want the Eagles getting him in on KR, PR and field goal attempts (see Vikings game). He would also free-up Lito so the Eagles could trade him. As soon as I get Madden I'm trading for him!
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I would be estatic if the Eagles got him. I would hope the Eagles played dime packages all year. Or Move Sheldon Brown to FS and Dawkins to SS and have Cro be the #2 or #3 CB. I would want the Eagles putting him in on offense (was a WR recruit out of HS) and he has the hands to do so. I would want the Eagles getting him in on KR, PR and field goal attempts (see Vikings game). He would also free-up Lito so the Eagles could trade him. As soon as I get Madden I'm trading for him!
I was under the impression that Asante Samuel freed up the Eagles to trade Lito, but they couldn't get any kind of value for him. At least thats the way I understood the story.

I listed those teams because IMO, all of those teams already have 2 or 3 quality corners and as a result, would see more of an upgrade by adding Devin Hester.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
PocketFullOfGloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I was under the impression that Asante Samuel freed up the Eagles to trade Lito, but they couldn't get any kind of value for him. At least thats the way I understood the story.

I listed those teams because IMO, all of those teams already have 2 or 3 quality corners and as a result, would see more of an upgrade by adding Devin Hester.
A lot of those teams have aging corners or guys that are FAs soon...

Plus, Cromartie has flashed the potential to be a top guy in the league. If there's the next Deion Sanders in the league right now, Cromartie is it.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Cromartie. Teams can find ways to neutralize Devin Hester, and not just by pooch kicking, or kicking away from him. Can't say that i saw many Bears games this year, but when the Cowboys played them, they just completely took him out of the game. He did squat, and they didn't have to sacrifice field position by pooch kicking.

Cromartie is in there every play on defense, giving you an opportunity for a big play. Ten times this year he gave his team field position, while being a threat to take it back to the house (and he has), all the while giving you good to very good coverage on the opposing teams, sometimes, best receiver.

Athletically i'd give the nod to Cromartie, so there's really nothing else to compare. Hester is a one trick pony.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah even that wont help the bears offense
it would most likely help any team that isnt totally ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Yeah, and Joshua Cribbs is a better field position returnman anyway. The only reason Hester scores more is because he is lightning fast and Joshua Cribbs isn't at all very fast. He's just a bad dude.

thats weird, cause the bears had better average field position then the Browns.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Hester finally making major strides at the receiver position this season so let's not completely ignore his versatility.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
PocketFullOfGloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I see Hester finally making major strides at the receiver position this season so let's not completely ignore his versatility.
And this is based on what? I could predict that Cromartie is going to start playing two ways next season and be a star WR but if there's nothing to back it up why even bring it up?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he hasnt proved that he can play WR, im not doubting it, but as of now hes only one dimensional.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
have u seen the bears offense play?
Yea their offense is not great but you make it sound like their offense is worthless.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Yea their offense is not great but you make it sound like their offense is worthless.
thats because it is

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
yes they are...

Old 08-06-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketFullOfGloves View Post
And this is based on what? I could predict that Cromartie is going to start playing two ways next season and be a star WR but if there's nothing to back it up why even bring it up?
Difference is Cromartie has not begun playing both ways while Hester has shown some versatility albeit not to his full potential just yet. 20 rec 299 yards 2 TDs is a good start for someone who wasn't a full-time offensive player and was still learning a very complex position. 40+ rec 600+ yards 5 TDs is not out of the question this season imo. Don't get me wrong here either I would still take Cromartie over him in a heartbeat without a doubt.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
PocketFullOfGloves

Quote:
Difference is Cromartie has not begun playing both ways while Hester has shown some versatility albeit not to his full potential just yet. 20 rec 299 yards 2 TDs is a good start for someone who wasn't a full-time offensive player and was still learning a very complex position. 40+ rec 600+ yards 5 TDs is not out of the question this season imo. Don't get me wrong here either I would still take Cromartie over him in a heartbeat without a doubt.
You could probably throw Cromartie in at WR and he could put up 300 yards. Hester didn't show much WR ability last year. He just showed he's fast and excellent in space, two things we already knew about him. It remains to be seen if he can be a consistent threat at WR by breaking the press, running a variety of precise routes, and catching the ball in traffic.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easy, neither:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketFullOfGloves View Post
You could probably throw Cromartie in at WR and he could put up 300 yards. Hester didn't show much WR ability last year. He just showed he's fast and excellent in space, two things we already knew about him. It remains to be seen if he can be a consistent threat at WR by breaking the press, running a variety of precise routes, and catching the ball in traffic.
He's trying to learn a new position, so it's going to take some time for him to develop. Your your judging him on last year alone which is dumb, he did show some flashes last season that he could be a threat at WR and yea he did struggle at times but what do you expect. The last time he played WR was probably in high school and then last year he's trying to play WR in the NFL, of course he's going to have some troubles at first.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hester is one hell of a player, but Cromartie is on his way to becoming an elite CB, which is a rare commodity in the NFL.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be frank, I would take Hester.

Cromartie was a playmaker who changed that SD defense last year, but interception numbers fluctuate a lot and he's not a shut-down corner by any stretch of the imagination (yet, anyway).

Football is a field position game, and to date I don't believe anyone else in the history of the game has given his team good field position as often as Hester. Personally, I want to wait and see how he works out at wide receiver, but he represents a unique value.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
it would most likely help any team that isnt totally ******

thats weird, cause the bears had better average field position then the Browns.

Can you say because of a better defense? Cleveland never got any midfield turnovers from the defense. Our field position was almost soley on Cribbs return abilities and yes Cribbs average was better than Hester's all year long.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yes cause the other teams pooched kicked it. Did u actually read that thread? There were like 40 posts and that in this one alone

Old 08-06-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It never gets old.

This thread makes me happy...not too sure what to add to it. Cromartie is a beastly returner btw, and has been even before he "broke out" this last year. The fact is, he just doesn't get too many opportunities because why risk it? He's too valuable as a gamechanging CB.

Just got my powder blue Cromartie jersey yesterday...it's the first of the new style of uniforms I've gotten, and I love it dearly.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
To be frank, I would take Hester.

Cromartie was a playmaker who changed that SD defense last year, but interception numbers fluctuate a lot and he's not a shut-down corner by any stretch of the imagination (yet, anyway).

Football is a field position game, and to date I don't believe anyone else in the history of the game has given his team good field position as often as Hester. Personally, I want to wait and see how he works out at wide receiver, but he represents a unique value.
Cromartie has all of the tools to be a shutdown corner, which IMO would make him a better choose than Hester.